Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Closeouts?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Closeouts?

I have three open grants all ready for closeout. The one grant gave me the link for the closeout several months ago, which I finished and have heard nothing about. It was never accepted or declined. The other two are now past their period of performance with no link for closeout. What is going on at the grant office? It seems like they are very behind on many things and it seems much worse than in the past. It may be 2010 when they award the 2008 fire prevention grants. I'm not being nasty, what they do is great for all of us, but it seems like the administration of these grants is getting sloppy. Should I call them and ask what the deal is or just wait?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

The Closeout link is supposed to be automated to show up once the timing hits right based on award date. They had to make a bunch of changes in the system to get the FSC grant application working so having been in software for many moons if things are architected properly then some other things get undone as other things get done and are bug-free. They don't generally look at closeouts unless the next award is coming through. As long as you've done the ones that you can get done you're fine. You could probably email Helpdesk or call and say you're ready to go but the link isn't there. They may not realize it either since it might not be a widespread bug in the system.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wtfd2940 View Post
    I have three open grants all ready for closeout. The one grant gave me the link for the closeout several months ago, which I finished and have heard nothing about. It was never accepted or declined. The other two are now past their period of performance with no link for closeout. What is going on at the grant office? It seems like they are very behind on many things and it seems much worse than in the past. It may be 2010 when they award the 2008 fire prevention grants. I'm not being nasty, what they do is great for all of us, but it seems like the administration of these grants is getting sloppy. Should I call them and ask what the deal is or just wait?
    Give them a call to open the closeout link for the grants that are past their POP. It could be months before they review your current grant that was closed out and give you an answer. I had one that went around 14 months before it was accepted. As long as it has been submitted, it will not hold up any future awards.

Forum Member

We contacted our support manager e-mail we received on July 17 was that this feature would not be available for several weeks. All applicants would be notified when it does become available.

I'm closing in on 2 years without an "accepted" closeout, but I've submitted it on time and been awarded since. As long as you do what you're required, the rest is on them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Does everyone get some one from fema that goes over all paper work. Because in my close out letter is said everything was completed execpt for single audit report?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by admpaul View Post
    Does everyone get some one from fema that goes over all paper work. Because in my close out letter is said everything was completed execpt for single audit report?
    The Single Audit Report is only required if you exceed the $500,000 in federal funds in a fiscal year. That statement is in all of the closeout letters (mine any ways).

Thread Information