Default Did you guys see this: Firefighter busted for growing pot

A Boston firefighter and his father were arrested this morning at their homes on allegations they kept a marijuana growing operation inside a Maine home, according to Jake Wark, spokesman for Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...or_growing_pot

Forum Member

Unless he was growing it in a fire station, he was just another guy who got caught growing pot. unfortunatly, the media will capitalize on the fact that he was a firefighter.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Old news, the guy resigned immediately as I recall.

Forum Member

Good crop though!

MembersZone Subscriber

Good crop though!
    That was your neck of the woods wasn't it?

Forum Member

Yup,right around the corner out west.Whoever the principals were,they knew how to grow Weed.Really nice full buds. T.C.

Forum Member

Watching/reading/posting about the news can be just as addicting as drugs and alcohol. NewsJunkie needs to get in a program!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Unless he was growing it in a fire station, he was just another guy who got caught growing pot. unfortunatly, the media will capitalize on the fact that he was a firefighter.
    So it would be OK to smoke it there, just not grow it?

Forum Member

but aren't "we" supposed to know better?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Default Nope another one

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    That was your neck of the woods wasn't it?
    The one reported yesterday is not the same one that was in Bridgton back in May.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tomwnh View Post
    The one reported yesterday is not the same one that was in Bridgton back in May.
    No way!! This happened again? Are you sure? No doubt Mumbles and Co. were all to happy to give the media this story.

I guess if I'd read the posted link the first time I would have saw this was a sepereate incident. So much for thinking positively.

Forum Member

Good crop though!

Bridgton Bud?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Don't know what "trademark"it would go under but I CAN tell you it was a QUALITY crop.This stuff ranks right up there with Thai weed.If I remember right,the street value was over half a mil. T.C.

Forum Member

Adam,THIS one is closer to YOU,hehe. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

You are 100% correct. Being a firefighter had nothing to do with it.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    You are 100% correct. Being a firefighter had nothing to do with it.
    At least one person has a clue as to what's going on...
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

At least one person has a clue as to what's going on...
    Careful....don't spread that around, I got a reputation to uphold!!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

and I'll ask again....shouldn't a fire fighter know better than to do such a thing?

I guess it's just me, but when someone that is a trained professional and knows better, but still does it.....that speaks more to me than a non professional person doing it.

Sorry, I don't see it as a bad thing that his occupation is mentioned in this case.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    and I'll ask again....shouldn't a fire fighter know better than to do such a thing?

I guess it's just me, but when someone that is a trained professional and knows better, but still does it.....that speaks more to me than a non professional person doing it.

Sorry, I don't see it as a bad thing that his occupation is mentioned in this case.
    Agreed. We might not like the fact that when his professon is mentioned it casts a bad shadow on the rest of us, but he really should have known better as a sworn public safety official.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Agreed. We might not like the fact that when his professon is mentioned it casts a bad shadow on the rest of us, but he really should have known better as a sworn public safety official.
    I believe, right or wrong, we are "held to a higher standard" as we are paid by the taxpayers, but, not only sworn public safety officers should know better. I'm sorry if you live in the country and don't know better than to grow weed, then our education system has failed. Cops, firefighters and teachers will always be held to higher standard in the court of public opinion. 718 needs to find a way to weed out their few bad apples before they become public as the City is just looking for ways to exploit their misdeeds. Still not a larger percentage of the workforce at BFD, but sensationalized enough to paint an ugly picture of a great FD.

Forum Member

Sadly a lot of guys in Boston have been giving the whole lot of them a bad name.

There is is this "alleged" nitwit, there was the guy arrests a month or so for a similar issue, a probie got caught on a **** test a couple months ago, last year another guy was arrested for smoking pot in uniform while on duty while sitting in a BFD vehicle.

Is it any wonder why this gets a bit more new and traction?

The guys in Boston need to self-police better considering they are fighting for a contract and these little bouts of stupidity only make the whole lot of them look like a bunch of monkeys trying to copulate with a football.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

And I will say again, it has nothing to do with it.

You think that if he was a professional crane operator that it would have been mentioned? Him growing pot on his off time has no relevance what so ever to him being a professional fire fighter. Again, if he was growing it in the station, or smoking on duty, then yes, his professionalism would have been impaired. Since he wasnt, it is not related what so ever.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

Forum Member

And I will say again, it has nothing to do with it.

You think that if he was a professional crane operator that it would have been mentioned? Him growing pot on his off time has no relevance what so ever to him being a professional fire fighter. Again, if he was growing it in the station, or smoking on duty, then yes, his professionalism would have been impaired. Since he wasnt, it is not related what so ever.
    No, but if you consider a professional crane operator the same as a professional firefighter .....I understand your thought. I don't agree with it, but I understand your reasoning.

Forum Member

No, but if you consider a professional crane operator the same as a professional firefighter .....I understand your thought. I don't agree with it, but I understand your reasoning.
    Glad to know we can civily agree to disagree here.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

Thread Information