Forum Member

Default Cedar Point Fire Department

I was at Cedar Point over the past weekend and seen them respond on a medical call in a small golf cart style EMS configuration. Do they have actual trucks on site (pumpers, ladder, etc)? Also does anyone know where I can purchase a CPFD t-shirt or someone who is willing to trade one? Thanks

Forum Member

What day were you up there??? I was there Sunday and you didn't bother to look me up??? (J/K of course..). I have been going to Cedar Point for years and to my knowledge, they do operate an engine out of the building where their police department is located. I did not go looking for it on this visit, but I did see one there the last time I was there (which was a couple years ago).

Certainly their focus must be more based upon EMS response, but with all of the assets there, one can see the justification for a first responder presence.

Don't know anything about how to get a t-shirt... but now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind having one so if you find the answer, be sure to share it with us!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

yes, I definately would like to have a tshirt

MembersZone Subscriber

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/job...nal.cfm?id=422

I am going to find out more from a coworker who had worked at the park to find if there are t-shirts.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMedic View Post
    What day were you up there??? I was there Sunday and you didn't bother to look me up??? (J/K of course..). I have been going to Cedar Point for years and to my knowledge, they do operate an engine out of the building where their police department is located. I did not go looking for it on this visit, but I did see one there the last time I was there (which was a couple years ago).

Certainly their focus must be more based upon EMS response, but with all of the assets there, one can see the justification for a first responder presence.

Don't know anything about how to get a t-shirt... but now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind having one so if you find the answer, be sure to share it with us!
    Sorry I missed you. I was there on sunday as well. I must have missed you when I standing in line. Wha's going with the food pirces there? It was highway robbery. Our admission tickets were cheaper then our food bill for a family of four.

A CPFD would be nice!

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess they mostly do Fire Prevention Details and do respond backed up by Sandusky Fire.

I would think about calling there station to find out if there is T-shirts for sale.

BTW. there is a guy who has the 19-teens Model T up in my neck of the woods, fully restored and is beautiful from what I heard.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Forum Member

RFRDEX works there.................I am sure he will be along in a minute .....
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weruj1 View Post
    I have arrived

Our station is between the Gemini and the Gemini bathrooms. (at the base of the hill) We have 2 EMS golf carts (we call them scooters...idk why) and a fire scooter which has a floto pump, 100' 2.5" and 150' 1.5", 2 water cans, ABC and CO2 extinguisher along with some other assorted things. We also run a 1992? Sutphen engine and a 1994? Horton Medic Unit along with 2 Pickup trucks. We also have an old van ambulance as a spare.

We work 12 hour shifts... 0830-2030 and 2030-0830. There is a minimum of 2 people + a safety officer from 7a-park close. One of the 2 firefighters has to be a medic and the other can either be an EMT or Intermediate. During the day you get alot of EMS and rubbish/mulch fires. An occasional car fire, etc. At night, we have to inspect every hotel and dorm. (Hotel Breakers alone is 650 rooms......walking that much hallway takes for ever). Also each night of the month you have a particular building or floor to do extinguisher checks on. At night you usually run an EMS call or two, a few alarms, etc.

There is also Cedar Point EMS however....which mans the main first aid station near the sky ride and main midway. They do all EMS calls during park hours that are from the dragster south. And we take all EMS calls to the north. After park hours however, we are responsible for the entire park, all the hotels, and dorms for EMS and Fire. (Except for Bayside and Commons dorms which are actually "off point" and Sandusky fire responds to) They also have 2 EMS scooters and 1 1994? Horton Ambulance.

We are dispatched by Cedar Point Police and if a call comes in that sounds more than a trouble alarm or more than a garbage fire, they will also dispatch Sandusky Fire to assist.

We busier than most people would think, its not abnormal to catch 5-10 runs a shift.

Hopefully I answered everyones questions, but I would be glad to answer anymore.

And on the topic of shirts, we arent issued anything besides a gray EMS polo and had to pull teeth to get our own shirts so sorry fellas.

*** We also are equipped for some basic extrication...mostly used in the event of a ride accident but could be used for vehicle rescue and have a pretty good rope rescue cache.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Uh Huh.......

Six Hours and Twenty Six Minutes to be exact..........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Having spent a month working traffic at CP in June and hearing the billions of complaints from co-workers and employees from all the other departments, I'm pretty sure EMS/Fire is the best job on Point. I won't get into why on here because... just because. It's the people that make it bad, don't get me wrong - the work was EASY. While I lived on Point in 97 year-old dorms (the old Cedars Hotel - the first hotel they built out there), I tried to spend as little time on there as possible - often went and hung out with Jake when he was working if there wasn't anything else to do. If I was an EMT (I'm in class now), I would have tried to pick up some extra hours with Fire/EMS. But it'll make for a good PT job next summer working a shift or 2 a week out there if I happen to not get into the Coast Guard.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Question

Dude.........I thought the USCG was a lock ??
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

So did I..............................

And I'm not talking about in Kyles case
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Dude.........I thought the USCG was a lock ??
    I'll be in to talk to you soon - like early next week. I talked to Jimmy tonight and he wants me to stop in. Long story short - they keep backing me off when I can take my physical and my ship-date for boot camp. I'm back to May 2010 now and I still don't know if MEPS will allow me to get a physical due to complications from a bad MVA I was involved in 9 years ago (September 10th).
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Default Cedar Point Fire

I was recently at cedar point and on of the rides you can actually see there firehouse... they have i do believe 2 engines 2 squads and a couple golf carts.. on the grounds.. when i was there there was a bomb threat in the parking lot and all personnel of fire and police were searching a huge section of cars and would not let anyone come close to that area.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JSalsgiver9922 View Post
    I was recently at cedar point and on of the rides you can actually see there firehouse... they have i do believe 2 engines 2 squads and a couple golf carts.. on the grounds.. when i was there there was a bomb threat in the parking lot and all personnel of fire and police were searching a huge section of cars and would not let anyone come close to that area.
    Yeah, above I outlined our apparatus compliment.

Thread Information