Thread: Gettin Antsy

Forum Member

Default Gettin Antsy

Alrighty going into august they still looking at mid september to ship out the first round of awards for afg 2009????

Forum Member

If everything stays on track from previous years, we could see some 1199's drop within the next 2 weeks for AFG and awards around mid-September.

Still pushing alot of 2008 stuff out so might be behind previous year's schedule by a bit.

"Getty antsy" about AFG is the worst possible torture ever -- may I suggest a new hobby

Forum Member

Your getting antsy!? I am still waiting to see about the 2008 FPS. No 1199 but no DJs yet.

Forum Member

I'm with you! I now have 2008 FP&S, 2009 AFG, and 2009 station construction hanging out there in limbo. Seems like they could have at least wrapped up FP&S since they knew AFG and the construction grants were coming right afterwards. Oh, well, at least the lack of a "no" to date still keeps the door open!

Forum Member

I'm positive I've heard someone else mention this same subject before, but has anyone received a closeout on their 2008 AFG's yet? I'm sure I'm outside my POP. I just don't want any hangups or delays if I get an 09 award.

Forum Member

I was in meetings with DHS/FEMA yesterday in Denver on other grants and they stated that most of the ARRA Monies should be awarded in the next 30 Days

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super64 View Post
    I was in meetings with DHS/FEMA yesterday in Denver on other grants and they stated that most of the ARRA Monies should be awarded in the next 30 Days
    I don't want to search this out, but does ARRA have anything to do with the station grants? My reason for asking is I have been aware of some movement with them, but cannot reveal anything at the moment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I don't want to search this out, but does ARRA have anything to do with the station grants?
    Yes, SCG was a part of the ARRA.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super64 View Post
    So, The station grants are about to see activity and the notification process for the station grants is not going to be following the same process as the afg exactly. Am told they intend to meet face to face with those receiving the awards and for some, their congressman will be invited to attend that award meeting. First week in August then should be when we see real activity.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by drakescrossing View Post
    Your getting antsy!? I am still waiting to see about the 2008 FPS. No 1199 but no DJs yet.
    Drake,

Our 1199 was updated for FO 2008 showing an award for FP2008. We also got our 10-questions, which was really 8 questions. That all happened over a month ago.

Thread Information