Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: DOD Rescue Tech

Forum Member

Question DOD Rescue Tech

Does any one have information on the DOD Rescue Tech program? Are there instructors & can you specialize?

Forum Member

there are instructors at goodfellow and usafe fire academy. what do you mean "can you specialize?"

You can take Rescue Tech I & then Rescue Tech II. Other than that, I am not sure what you mean.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

Are there any instructors that could come to the base I work at and teach the courses? Speacalize in confine space, high angle, swift water and so on?

Forum Member

i know that the usafe fire academy dose mobile rescue tech I course and goodfellow guys might do that. rescue tech I is: confined space tech, rope rescue tech, vehicle extrication tech, and swift water rescue awareness all in one neat little package. rescue tech II is: swift water aware again, trench rescue tech, and usar. im pretty sure they dont have a mobile team for II. call goodfellow and ask the rescue instructors about their mobile teams. they get a list every year of all the interested bases and then evaluate if the base has all the required stuff such as towers confined space trainers.

MembersZone Subscriber

I used to teach the Rescue Tech I course at USAFE and they can come to any base and teach. I believe what you are asking; if an instructor can come to your base and teach, the answer would be no in terms of the instructor coming there independently.

Goodfellow falls under AETC which regulates where instructors can teach and how many students can attend. USAFE does not fall under the constraints of AETC and can accommodate more students.

If you're looking at a class in the states, figure around $10K for Goodfellow to come. They will need to bring their gear and factor in cost for instructors.

As for the course itself, if you get your hands on the Confined Space Rescue multi-media package, the support materials disk has the entire Tech Rescue I course on it. You can teach the course in the department, but you will not get a certificate. Regarding the confined space technician course, you can teach a "mass-class" of no more than 10 students and send a certification package to AFCESA. You do not have to be a rescue instructor to teach the class, but must be a rescue tech I.

Let me know if you have any questions concerning the course. I still have all my notes and support references. Actually, I am teaching an in house Confined Space class next week and will be certifying the students.

Forum Member

Clfdsta5
    If you are looking for these classes at your Dept. my company does the RT-1 and RT-2 class. The classes are Pro-Board certified with reciprocity to the DOD RT-1 & RT-2 certifications. For more information go to www.techtrngsols.com or email me at techresq@yahoo.com.
    David Gerrer
    Technical Training Solutions, LLC

Thread Information