Thread: Owi

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Owi

jglkglgljg
    Last edited by broth1084; 08-04-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Forum Member

Ill just be honest with you here. I've never had a dwi or anything but i know several that have. If you're looking to get into a decent sized career department or even a smaller one but a career one, you're chances are slim to none. The problem is that you have TWO, not one. You havn't shown that you have learned from your mistakes. Also, the fire service to get into now is extremely hard. There are on average roughly 5-10 spots for departments with at least 500 candidates applying for them. Theres that many more people ahead of you who HAVN'T screwed up and have shown that they are willing to stay clean to get the job. Not tryin to bust your bubble here but you probably wont ever work in a career department.

Forum Member

I have to agree with what thanojon said. In my experience of going through the fire department hiring process, most departments will not let someone with (1) D.U.I. apply for the position until it has been 5-15 years since the offence occured. You may have still had a very slim chance of obtaining a job with only one D.U.I., granted that offense was years ago and you could show a trail of self-improvement since then. But you getting your second D.U.I. pretty much screwed your chances for a career in the fire/ems service. With your prior offences, it would probably be just as difficult to even get on with a vol. department because many now run background checks on applicants.

As was stated before, when there are anywhere from 500-3,000 people trying for a few spots, departments will throw applicants out of the hiring process for even the smallest bumps/bruises in their backgrounds.
    IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, GO BE A COP!

Forum Member

[/QUOTE]As was stated before, when there are anywhere from 500-3,000 people trying for a few spots, departments will throw applicants out of the hiring process for even the smallest bumps/bruises in their backgrounds.[/QUOTE]

Like I've said before......read above statement.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Forum Member

Seriously, find a new career aspiration. Not only will you never get hired anyway, but I don't know a single firefighter or EMT that would want to work with someone as irresponsible and dumb.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information