Forum Member

Default Used Pumper Wanted

We are a small rural volunteer department in southern Oklahoma in the need of a good used pumper. I haven't seen any forums where anyone can post used trucks for sale but I know there are departments like ours looking for them and I know there are departments wanting to sell them so if you have one drop me a line and we can talk. Here's what were looking for.

750-1000 gallon booster tank

1250-1500 gpm pump

front suction

less than 10' tall

less than 30' long

If you have one let me know.

David Bray
    Asst. Chief
    Cartwright Volunteer Fire Department
    580-931-7874 - cell

cvfd@cherokeetel.com

Forum Member

eBay

govdeals
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Check your e-mail. A department I sold a unit to has a pumper in relatively good shape that I believe fits many of your requirements...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Texasfiretrucks.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Used Pumper

http://www.firetruckmall.com/
    Good people to work with. Located in Alabama.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Thank you to all that have replied. However I seem to be having some e-mail problems and some of my messages are vanishing from outlook express. I've lost one I was interested in so whoever has the simon duplex pumper in NY please re-send an email to me. listed below is an alternate address.

David Bray
    Cartwright VFD
    david.bray@soienterprises.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Mr. Bray,

Our 1987 Mack CF pumper was just posted on Govdeals.com. It is in excellent working condition. Check out all the details here.

Forum Member

Smile Thank You

Thank You to all that have replied to my post. We just purchased a 1989 Pierce directly from a department who replied to this post so we a re no longer in the market. Once again thank you to all who replied.

David Bray
    Cartwright Volunteer Fire Deaprtment

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Small rural oregon looking to replace truck

I work for a small rural Oregon dept thats current structure engine is down for the count. It has a massive air leak, pump is leaking badly and engine is going out. We operate on about $4500 a year and need another pumper quickly.

Max length is 28'
    Max height is 9'4"
    Any pump/tank configuration

Thank-you
    Brandon Friend
    EMS Chief
    Klamath County Fire District #3
    Klamathfiredist3@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Default Out of Service Pumper

1. Check with the FD's in your area and see if they have a spare pumper that you could borrow to provide coverage, until the situation is resolved.

2. Check with the FEPP Coordinator for your state (usually part of the State Division of Natural Resources) and see if any structure apparatus are available.

What some FD's do not realize, is that there are FD's in their state with FEPP vehicles that turn them back into the FEPP Program, after they no longer need them. If the vehicle is not loaned to another FD, then it is offered to other agencies and if not taken then, they are sold to the general public (GSA auction website has a listing). Contact the FEPP coordinator and ask if any FD's are turning in FEPP vehicles and how you can obtain one (especially a pumper). Some of these FEPP vehicles are really worn out, but some FD's have put alot of time and money into them and they could be used by another FD.

An advantage of having a FEPP pumper, is the FEPP program most likely will pay a portion (cost-share) of the costs to maintain the pumper (maybe tires, pump repairs, engine work, etc.)

The FEPP program is for small FD's like yours. Contact the FEPP coordinator and tell them about your situation.

Forum Member

How bout for starters -- chase down the worst of the air leaks , and repack the pump ?

Forum Member

If you havent found a truck yet we are looking to replace both of ours. We have a 92 GMC 1000gal tank 1000gpm 4 man cab, 2 Scba seats, Top mount and we just spent 5k on new turbo and some lines, ( its not funny when a fire truck air intake inhales fire and dies ) Dont worry truck runs great now, Foam does not work and we never checked into fixing or seeing what it would take, just something we dont use, we have puc packs that seem to work well.

Not sure what you want to spend

The second truck is a 77 Ford I think lol I know but hey it runs like a gem, good ol 5 speed straight stick. Also 4 man cab with 750 gal tank or 1000 cant remember. This is a side mount.

What do you all use your truck for? Main attack? Rescue? Grass fire? Mutual aid? command center? ems back up? main tool transport? Its always better to start with not what you use this truck for but how could you use the right truck. Otherwise like was said earler to do a recon on your truck would cost about the same and/or replace the tank with a used milk tank or fuel tank, just make sure it has many and high baffels in it.

Never hearts for small town depts to talk to metro city depts. You might be surprised how much they are willing to help you out sometimes!

Forum Member

Forum Member

This unit is for sale by my department. We are taking sealed bids until December 14th. We have a minimum bid, but don't worry--it is really, really low.

PM me for more information.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    --General James Mattis, USMC

Forum Member

Nevermind... oops
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Default Truck for Sale

Hi My Department has a 1993 Ferrara Commercial Cab Pumper for sale. The truck has a top mount 1250 hale pump with a 1000 gallon tank. We can sale directly to another Fire Department (govenment agency) without having to go through the bid process. The truck will come with a some equipment such as ladders. I have attached a photo of the truck if anyone is interested. We are looking to get $37k out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information