Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Station Grant

Forum Member

Default Station Grant

My chief just got an e-mail a couple days ago about the station grants, they are sapose to start sending letters out this week, not to sure if the letter is a good thing or a bad thing, can anyone shine some light on this subject? the e-mail came from a the people that wrote our grant.

Forum Member

Check the thread SCG just below this. It has the info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BigFD14 View Post
    My chief just got an e-mail a couple days ago about the station grants, they are sapose to start sending letters out this week, not to sure if the letter is a good thing or a bad thing, can anyone shine some light on this subject? the e-mail came from a the people that wrote our grant.
    The email was sent to departments that have the potential to be awarded a grant. They are requesting additional info for the "Technical Review". Have him check closely at that email to see if the letter is attached. It has been posted that Friday is the deadline to return material (at least for one department).

I believe all of the notifications have been done by email requesting that info, no snail mail, but someone can correct me on that.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    The email was sent to departments that have the potential to be awarded a grant. They are requesting additional info for the "Technical Review". Have him check closely at that email to see if the letter is attached. It has been posted that Friday is the deadline to return material (at least for one department).

I believe all of the notifications have been done by email requesting that info, no snail mail, but someone can correct me on that.
    Departments only had one week to have their info to Tech Review? Wow, how many won't be able to make that deadline?

Less than a week. Tech Review letters went out throughout the day Monday, requested the info back to DC by Friday.

They are working with people to grant some extensions, but they want to see some serious progress.

Quote Originally Posted by jhl81791123 View Post
    Departments only had one week to have their info to Tech Review? Wow, how many won't be able to make that deadline?
    That's the thing. If the dept indicated their "project" was ready to break ground, then they should be prepared. Like SLY4420 said, the feds are serious about pumping this money back into the economy, so they better be ready to go. Just like any other competitive grant process, it's not fair for a dept to indicate they are ready to build (when they aren't) and knock out some dept that is. Especially when the stakes are high.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

That's why they did this, they want to make sure that people had as much as they said they did. Didn't mean everything on that list, just meant ready to the level claimed. If some were outright BSing, they're caught by now and probably see some other emails go out.

Forum Member

Is the timeline for the DJ's still about 2 more weeks or so? I'm still praying we made it thru peer review and are in the waiting stack for tech review... This is nerve-racking... lol

Quote Originally Posted by volff1170 View Post
    Is the timeline for the DJ's still about 2 more weeks or so? I'm still praying we made it thru peer review and are in the waiting stack for tech review... This is nerve-racking... lol
    According to my sources that depends upon the response from this round. I can almost assure you there will be at least a few more letters going out almost assuredly.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    According to my sources that depends upon the response from this round. I can almost assure you there will be at least a few more letters going out almost assuredly.
    Anyone hearing anything on the first rounders?

Thread Information