Thread: Driving Record

Forum Member

Default Driving Record

Hey guys, I have a question about moving violations and getting hired. I had a speeding ticket, a 'ran a red light' ticket, and a 'do not enter' ticket. The speeding ticket, I went to traffic school and the other two were drop cause the cop didnt show up at court. My question is this, since these do not show up on my record from the copy I got at the DMV, should I bring them up at interviews AND do I put them on my applications for the departments im applying for?

Thanks in advance guys

MembersZone Subscriber

HELL YES...if there is anything on your record that you are not 100 percent sure about.....TELL THEM. It doesnt matter if you forgot to wipe your butt one day after using the bathroom...tell them. If there is one little thing you "forgot" or whatever they prob will find it and think you are a liar plus you will take a polytest so its best to get it out before just in case something does show up

Forum Member

put it if they ask about it, but don't volunteer the record. Don't hide it, but if they don't ask about it theres no reason to bring it up.

Forum Member

Yes, you do need to declare them. Not doing so is the same as lying and will result in an automatic disqualification. For the record, this will not cost you a job. Don't get any more though.
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Forum Member

definitely would not. im veryyyy careful now. i realize i was just being stupid and there is NO benefit in speeding or passing a red light. NONE..

thanks for the response guys!

Forum Member

They don't normally ask if you were pulled over they ask WERE YOU CONVICTED. That is a big difference. (check the application) How can you ever defend yourself, if you never get your day in court. Since the one you took the class for is technically a conviction that has been wiped clean .. i'd say admit that. The others .. just because you got a ticket doesn't mean your guilty.

Forum Member

Owen brings up a very good point. Read the instructions carefully. Be sure you do not mislead anyone. In any case, slow down........

Thread Information