Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Juust Got Back .. And Some of You Would Have Died !!!!

Just got back from the LA Fireman's Association Convention in New Orleans.

Had a great time, thanks for asking. Had a couple of good nights on Bourbon Street too.

Also attended some great classes ... nationally known guys too. Dennis Rubin, DC Fire Chief. Brian Crawford Shreveport FD Chief speaking for the Charleston Review Committee. That Eisner guy, the editor of Firehouse. A couple of other non-loccal yokels too.

And they were all talking about safety. About not taking risks for property. About not entering if there is no reason to beleive there are folks inside. About not accepting injuries. About putting us first.

I'll tell you, some of you guys would have **** your pants listening to their words. All these nationally known speakers talking about how we come first. You guys really should have been there. It was great man.

(And if some of those lines sound like the ones from the alley scene in Backdraft ... they are. I just like using them talking about safety because of the irony.)

The fact is these were nationally known speakers ... including fire chiefs ,, saying that our safety is the bottom line. It sounded so good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Seriously, you are an *********.

Just thought you might like to know that. Why? Because you posted this just to be a pot stirring bitch because when it all boils down to nothing that is all you have.
    Another post of the year nominee!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

And I wonder what they all would have said about:

-Not searching a dwelling for potentially trapped occupants based on "because our sheriff says there is no one in there."

-About saying "F*ck You" to a family and not fighting the fire in their home because they didn't have smoke detectors.

-About saying "You're F*cked" to a small child trapped inside a car resulting from an accident that you came across, before any other first responders have arrived, "just because the primary responders dont like us."

-All of your drivel as posted on here, if they had the opportunity to sit down and read it word for word. I bet even THEY would have been embarrassed and would have wanted to punch you in your cocksucker.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Seriously, you all need to give it a rest.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

I seem to be agreeing with Bones more and more recently. Just ignore the guy like so many of us have done. We're NOT going to change his mind, lets focus on bettering the rest of the fire service.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

another reason not to move to Louisiana, not that I needed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    another reason not to move to Louisiana, not that I needed anymore.
    Don't judge a bathroom based on just one turd.

Also attended some great classes ... nationally known guys too. Dennis Rubin, DC Fire Chief. Brian Crawford Shreveport FD Chief speaking for the Charleston Review Committee. That Eisner guy, the editor of Firehouse. A couple of other non-loccal yokels too.
    Yep, their safety sally opinion along with a $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee....
    If you think name dropping is enough to defend you complete cowardice, you are way more out of touch that I could have ever possibly imagined.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    I seem to be agreeing with Bones more and more recently. Just ignore the guy like so many of us have done. We're NOT going to change his mind, lets focus on bettering the rest of the fire service.
    I'm with you guys. Arguing with this guy is like trying to catch a greased pig, you just can't talk sense to him.

Just ignore him and concentrate on other things.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Remember, in any fire department, ask the firemen and company officers how they feel about their "fire chief" before you start to follow them as they beat their drums from confrence to confrence.

I've been to many seminars and have listened to some of the best and brightest in the fire service.... John Salka, Vincent Dunn, John Norman, Billy Goldfeder, etc. etc. etc.

All of them mentioned making sure that your personnel come home.. and all of them also mentioned that there are those circumstances where that won't happen.

They also advocate the best safety measure to protect your personnel and the citizens you serve is to PUT THE FIRE OUT.

It is a concept that some just won't or cannot comprehend...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Also attended some great classes ... nationally known guys too. Dennis Rubin, DC Fire Chief.

I think you should really talk to those who are under this clown Dennis Rubin. I'm no DC fire fighter but I wouldn't want to be under the command of this idiot. This supposed chief has his nose so far up the mayor's *** that any time Feinty farts Rubin thinks he's in heaven.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    I've been to many seminars and have listened to some of the best and brightest in the fire service.... John Salka, Vincent Dunn, John Norman, Billy Goldfeder, etc. etc. etc.

All of them mentioned making sure that your personnel come home.. and all of them also mentioned that there are those circumstances where that won't happen.

They also advocate the best safety measure to protect your personnel and the citizens you serve is to PUT THE FIRE OUT.

And to add to what Cap said, they are preaching DOING THE JOB in the safest manner possible. You don't ignore basic principles in the name of "safety".

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post

Ya know, I think I have posted this gem before. A Chief that I respect beyond all others told me "Good things happen when the fire goes out".
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by eng451 View Post
    Also attended some great classes ... nationally known guys too. Dennis Rubin, DC Fire Chief.

I think you should really talk to those who are under this clown Dennis Rubin. I'm no DC fire fighter but I wouldn't want to be under the command of this idiot. This supposed chief has his nose so far up the mayor's *** that any time Feinty farts Rubin thinks he's in heaven.
    Chief Rubin is a very highly respected Chief Officer. He is, IMO, trying to change the corporate culture of the DCFD and is understandably meeting some resistance. That FD has changed for the better under his command.

If you are going to slander the man, at least post some fact. All youposted was political hyperbole.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Chief Rubin is a very highly respected Chief Officer. He is, IMO, trying to change the corporate culture of the DCFD and is understandably meeting some resistance. That FD has changed for the better under his command.

If you are going to slander the man, at least post some fact. All youposted was political hyperbole.
    Wasn't he the one who just weeks ago stated at the Expo that the most important thing was having persons with certain skin colors in the Fire Department.

Forget the fact that the Charleston safety board was filled with hypocrites who clearly didn't conduct even a cursory analysis before offering suggestions (many of which they didn't practice in their own respective FD's)

In case anyone isn't aware the former chairman of said pannel is actively acting in a consultants role to a certain FD to our north and is recomending things that are Diametrically Opposed to everything that they claimed in the SSSreport and it is against what the IAFC, NFPA, IAFF and others have claimed is best practice.

He and the others are all phony BS artist sell outs. Anyone who thinks these guys have any legitimacy is clearly ignorant of their postitions and lack of sound principles.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

I think the above 2 lasts posts show just how much divergence and opinion there is in the fire service. One guys respected mento is another guys POS

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by eng451 View Post

Ummm, Do you know him? Have you ever worked with him or for him? Where do you get your expert information on him?

What are your credentials on giving judgment on fire chiefs or any other firefighter for that manner?

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Default LaFireEducator for President...NOT!!!

How would you make decisions if you were Commander-in-Chief of this countries armed forces?

Would it be safer to just lob nukes at our enemies or maybe do the unsafe thing and send troops in to fight our enemies?

Depending on what kind of 'war' we're taking about all of us realize there WILL be casualties. It's a dangerious job.

IMO we can reduce casualties by being more fit and slowing our apparatus down enroute to calls. We can reduce a good percentage of them there.

But as for putting wet stuff on the red stuff, most times that's the safest thing we can do.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    Wasn't he the one who just weeks ago stated at the Expo that the most important thing was having persons with certain skin colors in the Fire Department.

Forget the fact that the Charleston safety board was filled with hypocrites who clearly didn't conduct even a cursory analysis before offering suggestions (many of which they didn't practice in their own respective FD's)

In case anyone isn't aware the former chairman of said pannel is actively acting in a consultants role to a certain FD to our north and is recomending things that are Diametrically Opposed to everything that they claimed in the SSSreport and it is against what the IAFC, NFPA, IAFF and others have claimed is best practice.

He and the others are all phony BS artist sell outs. Anyone who thinks these guys have any legitimacy is clearly ignorant of their postitions and lack of sound principles.

FTM-PTB
    I was not at the Expo and I have no idea what he said.

He has as much legitimacy as you do.

Is there any nationally known chief officer outside of FDNY who has legitimacy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information