Thread: Mack Granite

Forum Member

Default Mack Granite

Has anyone ever seen an engine built on a 4 door Mack Granite chassis? I'm sure it would have to be custom built, but I was curious.

Let's talk fire trucks!

I do a lot of traveling and apparatus photography, and have yet seen a 4-door Granite chassis documented anywhere.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    Has anyone ever seen an engine built on a 4 door Mack Granite chassis? I'm sure it would have to be custom built, but I was curious.
    I feel certain that a cab like that would have to be done by a company such as Fontaine Modification Co. They and others like them do stuff like that to suit customer needs that the factories are not in a position to do because of how assembly lines function. Fontaine and, I'm sure, others frequently are in close proximity to the truck builders' factories so that as the vehicle rolls off the line it can go immediately to the modification company. Since they work together the factory warranties usually are not affected.

There are many companies out there who function independently of the factories and who have the ability to make such changes. Whether the original builder would support the changes would be open to question. You would have to talk to Mack and or Fontaine to see if such a change is available through the factory. If I were going to go outside I would be looking at someone like Interstate Mack /Interstate Truck Sales (Seagrave dealer) in Hagerstown, Md. They did many a CF conversion and did really nice work. They were one of only a few who used Mack doors on the enclosure rather than closet doors.

Thread Information