MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down Looking for dirt

Has anyone come across a firefighter( possibly fire chief ) by the name of don middleton? May be from the Kawartha Lakes area. Our local F.D. has hired him after being fired from his previous F.D.. He seems to have lots of "stories" about his past experiences.

Forum Member

Pretty common name.... any info on where he was previously?

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I believe he is from the Haliburton area. The local paper just posted a story about him having to drop a law suit against them and having to pay them some money. He seems to be a plague no matter where he goes.

Forum Member

Now I remember a story about a volunteer firefighter speaking out on a subject directly relating to his department, his information was completely inaccurate and as a result the department released him of his services....

Not sure if that was the same guy, right neighbourhood, as is was in the Peterborough area.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by hanger44 View Post
    Has anyone come across a firefighter( possibly fire chief ) by the name of don middleton? May be from the Kawartha Lakes area. Our local F.D. has hired him after being fired from his previous F.D.. He seems to have lots of "stories" about his past experiences.
    You sure it's Don and not Donna? (longtime forums users will know who I'm talking about....)
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmleblanc View Post
    You sure it's Don and not Donna? (longtime forums users will know who I'm talking about....)
    Hey, hey, hey I resent that. Even us short-timers are verrrrry familiar with this story!

Default Don Middleton

I think that i know the guy you are talking about. I was at the Ontario Fire College with him a few years ago. At the time he was a volunteer training officer with the Kingston Fire Department. He told us that he taught rope rescue to a federal organization that was responsible for national security (I forget the name he used). He said that he was on call 24/7 and may have to respond any where in the world.

Does this sound like him?

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool don middleton

Sure sounds like something he would say. The first night he met with us, he told us he was in charge at a train derailment (must have been in the Toronto area??). He was hanging out of a helicopter taking photos of the scene. The photos were published, but not in his name.
    If you look at the Brockville Recorder and Times web site, you may find a picture of him "POSING" by a fatal car accident. He responded to the scene three hours after the call "Dressed for the press". This shows what he is about.

Forum Member

I've known Don for many years....you guys are wayyyyy off base on this one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down

Not a chance!! What led up to him being fired from his last job? Why did he have to pay the news paper back instead of winning his 1.5 milloin suit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marmoraguy View Post
    I've known Don for many years....you guys are wayyyyy off base on this one.
    I know a guy from Marmora! (totally off topic!) I've lost interest in this thread anyways....

Forum Member

I will not be airing anyone's laundry here, dirty or clean. If you want to PM me your Name, Fire Department and a valid e-mail address, I will gladly do the same and tell you what I know. Believe me, there is nothing sinister about his actions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Hi Marmoraguy,
    I have e-mailed twice. I am still waiting for the story on don.

Forum Member

Default Middleton

Word has it that he is no longer employed as the Edwardsburgh Fire Chief as of Dec. 16, 2009. Anybody know why?

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Looks like he listened to all of the wrong people. Tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen. Didn't really help himself either.

Thread Information