Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Information

Forum Member

Default New Information

Just want to say that I really appreciate all the information that is on this board! I have no doubt spent the last couple days reading every thread on this board!

I hope to not get flamed by asking a question that has been asked in the past, but something I hope all you Veterans that have been serving in these postitions need to hopefully realize is that although there is good information on the boards, it is all for the most part out of date! Not alot of information has been posted in the past few months pertaining to hiring procedures. So, please give me some slack and help me out here!?!

Can anybody tell me what they have experienced once they have submitted their application/resume to any of the different companys? (KBR, WSI, ITT)

How long did it take before you got any response?
    How long did it take to get a interview?

BLUF: How long did it take from your first contact to Boots on Ground, and what the hell all happened in between?

Once again, it's been a few months since alot of these questions have been answered on here, and I hope I'm not to out of line by asking it to be updated!

Forum Member

Bent,
    I hear you on the no new info. Some folks have posted and its been helpful though.

Here is my experience. Ive got a start date with WSI for Sept 21. I put my application in complete with all my certs in the middle of July. Had a phone interview at the end of July and an offer packet two days later. I have to have all my paperwork back in at the end of this month. So far, thats been my experience. Hope it helps.

sg

Forum Member

Golds,
    Thanks for the information. I submitted my resume to the email address on the WSI site last Friday and haven't heard anything yet? Is this the route you initially took also, and if so how were you originally contacted? Did they call you, email you or send you something in the mail? I also submitted my resume to the ITT site for the Afghan jobs and haven't heard anything back from them either.

I did find an old thread that spelled out the whole process for the most part, but it was dated Jan 2006. Thanks again for your help.

Forum Member

bent...
    lets see...i email Kristian with my resume, etc. he then emailed me back saying he would send out a packet, then sent that in and they called to set up an interview. from the time i sent in the packet, it was about three weeks until they called for an interview.

why dont you email me directly at golds21@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Default bent

i apply for the job at wsi the middle of may and left for houston the end of july. i keep calling them and bugging them making sure all my stuuf was good to go and anything else i need to to. i called them 5 to 6 times a day untill i could get ahold of ppl. i have now been in iraq for 3 weeks with wsi. i dont know who you point of contact is with the hiring process but i would stay on them untill i got my leave date for houston.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default FFBrussell

So brussell where did you end up? What is the rumor mill like as far as WSI sending too many people over and some guys having more days off than anticipated? have you seen any truth to that or heard anything like that? Any word on how much longer WSI has the contract for Iraq? thanks for any info you can give and good luck.

Thanks Mike.

Forum Member

Default Mike

Yes we are getting alot more ppl over here. and yes ppl are getting days off. which can be good or bad depending on you. tis usually just one day off a week, but if you have your ARFF or Driver Operator. you will be the last one to get days unless your base is overloaded with them, it just depends on where you go. I have heard rumors about the contract but nothing yet set in stone. so untill they say you have to leave then i dont beleive anything ppl tell me about it.

Thread Information