Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    That's because you keep reading and paying attention to his uninformed nonsense.
    I know, I know, I try to ignore, but he grates me like parmesan cheese.

I should not have generalized.
    Last edited by MarcusKspn; 08-17-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Good to know you advocate violence when you it suits a cause you support.

I don't see any liberals walking up to a health care reform protestor and shooting him in the face while he's sitting in church.
    But to show your hypocracy - you have a problem with these people's use of violence.......yet Greenpeace, anti-whalers, Eco terrorists, G-8 protests etc... you have no problem with. You have not said a word about these people and their use of violence.......Must be OK with you because, as you said, why would you protest them if you don't disagree with them?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

That's because you keep reading and paying attention to his uninformed nonsense.

PETA is a legitimate organization that does not sponsor violent protests. The violent so-called animal rights activists are the Animal Liberation Front.

Greenpeace is an international environmental organiztion whose members may participate in civil disobedience, but they are essentially non-violent. The violent eco-warriors are the Earth Liberation Front.

The mistake you made was characterizing the Minutemen Project as violent simply because of the alleged affliations of their members. You can no more prove that ALF members belong to PETA than you can prove that AN members belong to the Minutemen Project.

I doubt that you can find any violent episodes that hav e been proven to be perpetrated by the MCDC.
    However George, the finances of PETA have been linked to supporting the families and legal defenses of people who have burned buildings (as an arson investigator do you not consider this violent?)

Greenpeace has pulled away from its violent past.....they have sunk ships while at dock in the past.

While perhaps not on par with shooting someone....they have or still employ violence.

As for the ALF - their members likely find PETA to be too conservative.

Same with the eco terrorists and Greenpeace.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Banned

PETA is a legitimate organization that does not sponsor violent protests. The violent so-called animal rights activists are the Animal Liberation Front.

Greenpeace is an international environmental organiztion whose members may participate in civil disobedience, but they are essentially non-violent. The violent eco-warriors are the Earth Liberation Front.

The mistake you made was characterizing the Minutemen Project as violent simply because of the alleged affliations of their members. You can no more prove that ALF members belong to PETA than you can prove that AN members belong to the Minutemen Project.

I doubt that you can find any violent episodes that hav e been proven to be perpetrated by the MCDC.
    Greenpeace is a very violent organization. They harass people attempting to fish for a living. They block whaling ships and attack them. They incite riots at the G-8 summits.

PETA has also used intimidation and harassment to try to convince people that there way is right.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    But to show your hypocracy - you have a problem with these people's use of violence.......yet Greenpeace, anti-whalers, Eco terrorists, G-8 protests etc... you have no problem with. You have not said a word about these people and their use of violence.......Must be OK with you because, as you said, why would you protest them if you don't disagree with them?
    Did I say I supported any of those organizations when they engage in violence? Now you're reading things that aren't there.

Where do you practice? I'm thinking it's a good place to avoid.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

However George, the finances of PETA have been linked to supporting the families and legal defenses of people who have burned buildings (as an arson investigator do you not consider this violent?)

Greenpeace has pulled away from its violent past.....they have sunk ships while at dock in the past.

While perhaps not on par with shooting someone....they have or still employ violence.

As for the ALF - their members likely find PETA to be too conservative.

Same with the eco terrorists and Greenpeace.
    I probably wouldn't argue with anything you said. My point was that generalizing about legitimate groups without proof that they are financing or organizing criminal activities is wrong, no matter what side of the fence they are on.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Did I say I supported any of those organizations when they engage in violence? Now you're reading things that aren't there.

Where do you practice? I'm thinking it's a good place to avoid.
    So avoid it. I couldn't care less. But once again you make a useless, inflammatory statement. You don't know me personally - yet you choose to make statements such as this. And I used to think that you were open minded.

I am not reading anything. You are lambasting anti-abortion and other conservative groups, while this statement is the absolute first indication that you are against Greenpeace, PETA, et. al.. That is all I was pointing out. It only took about 5 posts for you to make the response. All I was doing was simply pointing out your criticism of one group while avoiding similar tactics of another.
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 08-18-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Forum Member

I probably wouldn't argue with anything you said. My point was that generalizing about legitimate groups without proof that they are financing or organizing criminal activities is wrong, no matter what side of the fence they are on.
    Understood. Just the nuances of the net and not quite understanding exactly what was typed.

Banned

It looks like he has started a trend. Another guy carried an assault rifle to an event in Arizona. The man exercises his rights and will be condemned by the radicals.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    It looks like he has started a trend. Another guy carried an assault rifle to an event in Arizona. The man exercises his rights and will be condemned by the radicals.
    What is the purpose of carrying weapons to a political rally? It really says a lot more about the individual than their cause.

I'm sure the USSS ensures these idiots don't get anywhere near the POTUS.

I met the USSS during the Clinton years at the Nixon funeral. They are an impressive group. Given the hatred of Obama by white supremacist type groups, they have their work cut out for them.

What's to stop an idiot from taking it away from one these gun toting folks and start shooting up the crowd?
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-18-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Forum Member

I am not reading anything. You are lambasting anti-abortion and other conservative groups, while this statement is the absolute first indication that you are against Greenpeace, PETA, et. al.. That is all I was pointing out. It only took about 5 posts for you to make the response. All I was doing was simply pointing out your criticism of one group while avoiding similar tactics of another.
    Because our local idiotboy tried to make the claim that right wing groups resort to violence when they believe they are threatened.

Did you ever take a course on context? I'm thinking not.

MembersZone Subscriber

What is the purpose of carrying weapons to a political rally? It really says a lot more about the individual than their cause.

I met the USSS during the Clinton years at the Nixon funeral. They are an impressive group. Given the hatred of Obama by white supremacist type groups, they have their work cut out for them.

What's to stop an idiot from taking it away from one these gun toting folks and start shooting up the crowd?
    Any more so than the way the left hated Pres. Bush?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Whats to stop an idiot from stealing a car in a parking lot and start driving through the crowd?

1st off let me be very clear that I believe that these people are perfectly within their right to do what they are doing. If it is their right to walk around with a gun, then so be it.

The potential for a crime is not enough justification to take away the right to carry these weapons.

But I would imagine that there is at least one USSS sharpshooter aiming at these people from the moment they enter the area. If anyone puts their finger near the trigger I'm sure he would be dead on the ground before anyone knew what was happening.

Forum Member

Because our local idiotboy tried to make the claim that right wing groups resort to violence when they believe they are threatened.

Did you ever take a course on context? I'm thinking not.
    So you blame me for his statements? That makes sense. You also made no comment regarding many people mentioning the violence done by many left-leaning groups until yesterday. I read nothing into it.

As for a "course on context" please explain to me where I might find one. It is covered in basic English classes, but I am unaware of a specific course on context. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to where to find one and we could both attend seeing as you have a habit of extracting information not present in so many of my posts. As I have said before: hypocrite.

Forum Member

The purpose is whatever the individual wishes to make it. You do not have to understand it. You may not like it, but is your premise (as stated by others) to detain people based on a person's thought that they might commit a crime? (I eagerly await your typical non-answer.)

As is their job, and are you really stupid enough to think that the person carrying the weapon does not already know that?

Threats come from everywhere. The United States Secret Service is an exceptional group of men and women who do more than we know to protect POTUS - regardless of their political affiliation.

As for white supremecist groups - while I loathe their message, and despise their tactics it is not illegal for them to gather, speak, protest, or say what they want so long as there is no violation of a law. Unless of course you do not support free speech, no matter how loathsome it is or how much you despise it or the person making it.

Freedom of speech protects the speech you don't like.

A bullet from an agent's rifle.

Forum Member

He's fine with that. It's when people dislike Democrats/liberals/progressives that he gets his panties in a wad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post

But I would imagine that there is at least one USSS sharpshooter aiming at these people from the moment they enter the area. If anyone puts their finger near the trigger I'm sure he would be dead on the ground before anyone knew what was happening.

No one has yet to show what is the purpose in bringing a firearm to a political rally.

Forum Member

Were there gun toting liberals attending Bush events? I don't recall anyone concerned about tyranny or their rights being infringed during those years.

MembersZone Subscriber

Great. So now the USSS is committed to having one person give a gun toting idiot special attention.
    I'm sure the USSS has lots of people paying attention to lots of idiots wherever they go.

No one has yet to show what is the purpose in bringing a firearm to a political rally.
    What's the purpose of breaking the state's law and not allowing him to bring a firearm to a political rally?

He is following the law. If you don't like the law it falls on you to argue why the laws should be changed.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

I'm sure the USSS has lots of people paying attention to lots of idiots wherever they go.
    I'm thinking those displaying weapons in the open makes the concern more significant.

What's the purpose of breaking the state's law and not allowing him to bring a firearm to a political rally?

He is following the law. If you don't like the law it falls on you to argue why the laws should be changed.
    No argument. What's the purpose of bringing a firearm to a political rally?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm thinking those displaying weapons in the open makes the concern more significant.

No argument. What's the purpose of bringing a firearm to a political rally?
    Because he is allowed to. Making some sort of statement. Whatever other reason he had in his head for doing something COMPLETELY LEGAL.

Why do you have a problem with it?

Forum Member

Were there gun toting liberals attending Bush events?
    Well, since most liberals do not believe in the individual right to carry a firearm why would you expect a liberal to carry one?

I don't recall anyone concerned about tyranny or their rights being infringed during those years.
    Oh really? You were screaming from the top of the hills about everything Bush did. Remember all of your posts about the Patriot Act? All those wire taps done in private and secrecy? Lots of libs, conservatives, and libertarians were screaming about it, and protesting it.

It exists, you either choose to ignore it or choose to forget about it. Whatever it takes to make your point.

Forum Member

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

No argument.
    Because you cannot make one.

What's the purpose of bringing a firearm to a political rally?
    Because they want to. You'll have to ask them as individuals as to why the brought a weapon.

You ridicule their choice, but have yet to make a point as to why they should not be able to if they are abiding by the law. You never will either, because you are incapable of doing so.....as usual.

Back In Black

What a shock, a liberal deciding which rights are valid and which ones are not.

You should be more open and accepting of people with alternative lifestyles.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Back In Black

What's the purpose of bringing a firearm to a political rally?
    Who are you to ask? The man was exercising his 2nd amendment rights. You know, the bill of rights?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information