Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 First ... 45678910 ... Last
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Do you have proof there were libs carrying concealed weapons at Bush events?
    Good grief Charlie Brown!!!! If the weapon is concealed you can't see it, hence no proof. If you have proof that someone has a weapon then it is not concealed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    I am pretty much in the middle on the second amendment.

I love my guns and rifles, but I have nothing against gun control. It does say "A well regulated millitia...".

The local gun shows are amazing in how little they are regulated.
    Most crooks don't buy their guns anyway. They steal them. To me, gun control is using both hands. Waiting periods, background checks, do nothing.

And honestly, preventing felons from owning guns is not a good measure anymore either. Our legislators have made it to easy to be a felon. Get a DWI you are a felon. And the mentally handicapped can't own them either. Yet we are supposed to treat them as equals.

Anyone who doesn't realize that the Second amendment is under attack isn't paying attention.

Forum Member

I'm an American just like him. What is the purpose of carrying a weapon to a political event? As I asked, Kostric claims all his freedoms are under assault. Seems to me he was able to exercise his 1st and 2nd Ammendment rights.

So which ones are under attack?
    For an educated man you make the dumbest statements.

He did not say his rights were infringed upon, did not say they were restricted, he said they were under attack.

Do we really need to connect the dots for you in order to show you the difference?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

There were conservative groups concerned as well over the Patriot Act and its infringements upon 4th & 5th Ammendment rights.

Do you have proof there were libs carrying concealed weapons at Bush events?
    1- These guys were not carrying concealed weapons. And if they were concealed, then how would you know if they were carrying a weapon? The entire purpose of carrying a concealed weapon is to ensure that others do not know that you are carrying it.

2- No one was at the event. These 3 guys were outside of 2 separate events with groups of protestors. It is not a matter of semantics, it is the truth.

They did not violate a law, they did not make an attempt to enter the meetings (not that anyone opposed to the plans seemed to be able to get it), and did nothing wrong but tick off all of the liberals and Democrats who believe in the absolute power of The State.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

There was no increase in militia activity during the Clinton years.
    Really? He was a boon to many of them.

Two words: Timothy McVeigh?
    One name: Ted Kaczynski. Not exactly what I would call a "right-wing nut-job"

I don't see liberal groups bombing federal buildings as a statement of rebellion.
    But we see all sorts of leftist groups burning resorts, car dealers, research centers, etc.., Let's not forget firebombings of military recruitment centers every now and then either.

They just win at the ballot box.
    As do the majority of people on both sides of the political coin. One of these days you ideology just might fade enough for you to see both sided of the political coin and be respectful to and honest with those who disagree with you.

Forum Member

In which ways? Which pieces of legislation are being proposed to infringe upon either right?
    Well, one of your very own Senators (Diane Feinstein) stated on 60 Minutes that she will reinstitute the Clinton-era firearms bill - and this is a direct quote - "at my own time and choosing."

This is a bill that was shown by the FBI and CDC to be of no benefit in reduction of crimes committed with a firearm.

There are hate crime bills out there that restrict people from speaking what they want - whether you like it or not.

The Patriot Act (voted for extension by one Barrack Hussein Obama - need I remind you) has violated many rights.

I just named two off of the top of my head.

When a right wing nutcase shoots a man in the face while he's sitting in church or another kills three police officers because he thought Obama might be coming after his guns, explain to us (who do own guns as well) how that helps promote the cause.
    It has nothing to do with the cause, or promoting it. Some moron thought killing an abortion provider would do good to prevent further abortions.

As for Mr. Obama coming after our guns, he is rabidly against personal ownership if you follow his legislation and statements before he became a candidate for POTUS. Many of his cabinet members and advisors are against personal ownership of firearms. Since you like to draw conclusions from posts, you ought to able to draw a conclusion from that.

Interesting how these folks feel the need to start exercising their rights in only the last couple of months. Kostric claims his right have been under assault for many years, yet he only now starts wearing a sidearm to political events.
    People are fed up Skippy. Sorry they did not seek your approval to protest before they did so. And how do you know that Mr. Kostric only began to carry a firearm at this protest? I do not recall him saying he just started to do so. It is not illegal to carry a firearm openly in New Hampshire, only illegal to carry a firearm concealed without a CCW permit.

What could have happened to cause this course of action with the last eight months?
    The list is long, and people are upset. That is what happened. Once again, your ideology clouds your ability to see the points of view of others.

Forum Member

I don't see much purpose in waiting periods, I figure people think that they prevent the "Someone flipped me off so I will buy a gun and shoot him" scenario. But I'm not buying it.
    Waiting periods are essentially useless. But it makes the libs and supporters of gun control feel like they are doing something, when they know that they really are not.

In Oklahoma we have computer/phone checks. If you buy a gun your info gets called in to make sure you are not a felon or anything like that. If they get the all clear (99% of the time) the gun gets handed over. If there is a problem they will fax some additional paperwork over to make sure you are the person thats not allowed to have the gun, or if you have simmilar names with someone who does not. There might be a day or so waiting time in that scenario.
    Same here in the People's Republik of Taxachusetts. I bought my new shotgun a couple months ago. Showed them my Class A LTC, filled out the ATF and Mass. forms, paid with my credit card, and walked out. Mass. has a verification system to verify that my LTC is valid that is down more than it is up.

No open carry in Oklahoma, concealed carry with license (I'm working on getting mine).
    With a Class B you can carry openly here, with a Class A it is a "defacto" concealed carry permit - when the moronic twits in Boston wrote the law they made no provision for or against the carrying of firearms in a concealed manner - so there is no law saying you cannot do it, and it has never been addressed by the legislature. Although with all the libs around here it is funny to watch their eyes bulge out of their head when they see one of us "right-wing nutjobs" carrying a firearm on our hips. Little do they know that it is illegal to leave the weapon in their car unattended so they HAVE TO carry the weapon on their person.

At gun shows everything goes, anyone can buy a gun from anyone, no checks at all. It's a felon's dream.
    Gun shows are often considered a private sale, and if it is a private sale there is no regulation on it. However, if the big sellers are a gun dealer they are still required to have the verification system in order.

If a felon really wants a weapon, they can save a lot of money by walking to the shady areas of town and purchasing it. People at the gun shows know the fair market value of their weapons, and they will get it. Some scumbag criminal gang-banger does not know the value to my P229 or 1911, and only cares about getting a few hundred for it, when my 1911 is worth over a $1,000.

No registration required in Oklahoma as far as I know. I have a record of all my gun's serial numbers in case they get stolen, but nobody has the records except for me.
    No registration here either......surprisingly. At the Federal level of government it is illegal for the ATF to keep records of firearms sales/serial numbers for more than 30 or 90 days (I cannot recall which) but there are local laws that require it in some areas. When I lived in North Carolina it was a county option to keep the information, so they had my serial numbers.
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 08-20-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    For an educated man you make the dumbest statements.

He did not say his rights were infringed upon, did not say they were restricted, he said they were under attack.

Do we really need to connect the dots for you in order to show you the difference?
    I've never claimed to be an educated person. In fact, just the opposite. I barely made it through JC. Your buddy idiotboy is the one who claims to be educated.

1- These guys were not carrying concealed weapons. And if they were concealed, then how would you know if they were carrying a weapon? The entire purpose of carrying a concealed weapon is to ensure that others do not know that you are carrying it.
    Then no one really knows if libs were carrying weapons to Bush events and the statement made earlier was speculation.

2- No one was at the event. These 3 guys were outside of 2 separate events with groups of protestors. It is not a matter of semantics, it is the truth.
    This would be a significant statement if they just hung out all day at that location in the past. They chose to bring their weapons to a political event at the time and place when the President would be present.

They did not violate a law, they did not make an attempt to enter the meetings (not that anyone opposed to the plans seemed to be able to get it), and did nothing wrong but tick off all of the liberals and Democrats who believe in the absolute power of The State.
    I never said they were doing anything illegal. Your second statement is reminiscent of the black helicopter crowd from the 90's. I knew it wouldn't take long for folks like you to get back to that mindset.

Well, one of your very own Senators (Diane Feinstein) stated on 60 Minutes that she will reinstitute the Clinton-era firearms bill - and this is a direct quote - "at my own time and choosing."
    Sounds good to me.

This is a bill that was shown by the FBI and CDC to be of no benefit in reduction of crimes committed with a firearm.
    See above post.

There are hate crime bills out there that restrict people from speaking what they want - whether you like it or not.
    And you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.

The Patriot Act (voted for extension by one Barrack Hussein Obama - need I remind you) has violated many rights.

I just named two off of the top of my head.
    Nope.

It has nothing to do with the cause, or promoting it. Some moron thought killing an abortion provider would do good to prevent further abortions.
    The statement earlier was the conservatives only resort to violence when they believe they are under threatened. In the cases I cited, how were those conservatives being threatened?

As for Mr. Obama coming after our guns, he is rabidly against personal ownership if you follow his legislation and statements before he became a candidate for POTUS. Many of his cabinet members and advisors are against personal ownership of firearms. Since you like to draw conclusions from posts, you ought to able to draw a conclusion from that.
    Please cite something other than NRA talking points.

People are fed up Skippy. Sorry they did not seek your approval to protest before they did so. And how do you know that Mr. Kostric only began to carry a firearm at this protest? I do not recall him saying he just started to do so. It is not illegal to carry a firearm openly in New Hampshire, only illegal to carry a firearm concealed without a CCW permit.
    Had he carried one openly at other events I'm sure it would have been publicized.

The list is long, and people are upset. That is what happened. Once again, your ideology clouds your ability to see the points of view of others.
    This is a big yawner. What are they upset about? Like I said, it's incredibly interesting they have decided to only get upset in the last eight months.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Banned

This is a big yawner. What are they upset about? Like I said, it's incredibly interesting they have decided to only get upset in the last eight months.
    So conservatives Giving Bush and Congress low approval ratings was not dissatisfaction??

Forum Member

I've never claimed to be an educated person. In fact, just the opposite. I barely made it through JC. Your buddy idiotboy is the one who claims to be educated.
    Education as a term does not mean that you attended college. It means that you have learned. One can learn from a variety of sources. Of course, you only take it to mean what you want.

Then no one really knows if libs were carrying weapons to Bush events and the statement made earlier was speculation.
    You are right, no one knows. That is why it is "concealed."

This would be a significant statement if they just hung out all day at that location in the past. They chose to bring their weapons to a political event at the time and place when the President would be present.
    They chose to go where they wish. They did not bring their weapons to the event, they brought it to the protest outside. Difference there.

I never said they were doing anything illegal.
    Then what is your issue with them doing so?

Your second statement is reminiscent of the black helicopter crowd from the 90's. I knew it wouldn't take long for folks like you to get back to that mindset.
    How is it so? The only people concerned about this are liberals, Democrats, and the talking heads on the news. You prove me wrong.

Sounds good to me.
    Not surprising since you are all for laws that do nothing. Amazing how you would rather have laws passed that have done nothing to benefit the public, nothing to protect the public, and do nothing but restrict an individual's rights.

So if you are all for restricting one ammendment to the Constitution, then why are you not for eliminating them all?

See above post.
    For what? Your typical lack of answering a direct question?

And you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.
    There is no law against it, however if someone is injured then you can be charged for the actions that occur because of it. Same with someone calling a Black person the dreaded "N" word and some scumbag saying "White Power, now let's go kill all the black bastards." Big difference.

Nope.
    Yup. Named two laws/bills for you. Both of which offer restrictions on individual rights and liberties by the Federal government. You just don't like it.

The statement earlier was the conservatives only resort to violence when they believe they are under threatened. In the cases I cited, how were those conservatives being threatened?
    No one said they were threatened. But I'll turn it around on you - the guys at G8 Summits, ALF, PETA, Greenpeace use violent and dangerous tactics, but they have not been threatened - yet you only condemn conservatives for doing so. How hypocritical.

Please cite something other than NRA talking points.
    Why? Regardless of the source, it does nothing to diminish the truth about them. You get to use the Huffington Post and MoveOn.org, so I'll use what I want. You just lack the intestinal fortitude to challenge anyone that disagrees with you using facts. They are pesky little things for you.

Sources other than the NRA: (perhaps you could learn how to support your statements as well)

http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm#Gun_Control
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...ama#Gun_policy

Had he carried one openly at other events I'm sure it would have been publicized.
    By Democrats, liberals, and media talking heads.

They have been upset for a long time. You apparently have not noticed. People were upset with Medicaid/Medicare reform 6 years ago, they were upset 16 years ago with the Clinton's attempts to do the same thing Obama and Democrats are trying to do. You apparently cannot remember that far back though.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

From the Victoria Times Colonist this morning:

Man threatened to kill Obama

Reuters August 20, 2009

Florida man pleaded guilty yesterday to threatening to kill U.S. President Barack Obama in an e-mail that said "the blood of Obama will run down the streets" of the U.S. capital. Nathan Wine, 21, admitted to a judge in Tampa he sent the threatening e-mail to the U.S. Army Recruiting Command on Nov. 5, 2008, the day after Obama won the U.S. presidential election. Wine faces up to five years in prison. Wine said in the poorly spelled note warning of his plans that he would "not mind going behind bars for being a trigger man on this tyrent. I will not rest until this tyrant of america is gunned down."

Copyright (c) The Victoria Times Colonist

Forum Member

Education as a term does not mean that you attended college. It means that you have learned. One can learn from a variety of sources. Of course, you only take it to mean what you want.
    I've never claimed to be a smart man either.

You are right, no one knows. That is why it is "concealed."
    Doubtful what is being claimed occurred given that people were turned away from Bush rallies for wearing anti Bush t-shirts.

They chose to go where they wish. They did not bring their weapons to the event, they brought it to the protest outside. Difference there.
    For what purpose? Are you saying these people just walk around all the time carrying assault weapons?

Then what is your issue with them doing so?
    The rationale behind doing it now versus the last eight years.

How is it so? The only people concerned about this are liberals, Democrats, and the talking heads on the news. You prove me wrong.
    Can't prove a negative. First rule of debate.

Not surprising since you are all for laws that do nothing. Amazing how you would rather have laws passed that have done nothing to benefit the public, nothing to protect the public, and do nothing but restrict an individual's rights.
    It can't hurt for the assault rifle ban.

So if you are all for restricting one ammendment to the Constitution, then why are you not for eliminating them all?
    Again a specious argument. Restrictions to Ammendments were enacted during the Bush years and conservatives supported them. I see the 2nd Ammendment as being no different than the restrictions passed on the 1st or 4th Ammendments.

For what? Your typical lack of answering a direct question?
    Actually it's more your lack of understanding the response.

There is no law against it, however if someone is injured then you can be charged for the actions that occur because of it. Same with someone calling a Black person the dreaded "N" word and some scumbag saying "White Power, now let's go kill all the black bastards." Big difference.
    Thank you for proving my point.

Yup. Named two laws/bills for you. Both of which offer restrictions on individual rights and liberties by the Federal government. You just don't like it.
    I feel so oppressed.

No one said they were threatened. But I'll turn it around on you - the guys at G8 Summits, ALF, PETA, Greenpeace use violent and dangerous tactics, but they have not been threatened - yet you only condemn conservatives for doing so. How hypocritical.
    And I condemn those acts of violence.

Why? Regardless of the source, it does nothing to diminish the truth about them. You get to use the Huffington Post and MoveOn.org, so I'll use what I want. You just lack the intestinal fortitude to challenge anyone that disagrees with you using facts. They are pesky little things for you.
    Really? When did I link either of those?

Sources other than the NRA: (perhaps you could learn how to support your statements as well)

http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm#Gun_Control
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...ama#Gun_policy
    Two very unbiased sources. Considering that anyone in the gene pool can edit a Wikipedia entry.

By Democrats, liberals, and media talking heads.
    I read about the gun toting protester on the Fox News website.

Link

I had no idea they were now considered part of the democratic and liberal media talking heads. I'll have to pass on your comments to Bill (sexual predator) O'Reilly, and Sean (I love the New Haven firefighters but hate their pensions) Hannity.

They have been upset for a long time. You apparently have not noticed. People were upset with Medicaid/Medicare reform 6 years ago, they were upset 16 years ago with the Clinton's attempts to do the same thing Obama and Democrats are trying to do. You apparently cannot remember that far back though.
    I remember them being angry over reasons that were shown be based in fear mongering and not facts. Health care in the 90's was about 1/7th of GDP. Now it's 1/5th. The status quo is unsustainable unless one is foolish enough to believe the propaganda being funded by the insurance industry.

Forum Member

And there's the current idiot talking point from the Daily Kook/Obama Admin. Bash the insurance industry, they are causing the controversy at townhalls etc. It's not really millions of ****ed off Amerians. Keep believing it dems.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=scfire86;1089022]I've never claimed to be a smart man either.

Perhaps you have not claimed this. But you apparently did not do half bad as a near-failure at Junior College retiring from a $60,000+ per year job (based on OCFA web site.)

Now, you show your hypocracy by having cried in the past about people saying you firefighters out there made too much money - but in these forums in the past month you decry a doctor for making a six figure salary. How hypocritical.

Doubtful what is being claimed occurred given that people were turned away from Bush rallies for wearing anti Bush t-shirts.
    And where are the anti-Obama people at his pep rallies, news conferences, and any of last week's health care "open" town meetings? They were all outside. No difference, except that you believe (apparently) that is acceptable for a Democrat to do what you ridicule a Republican for doing. Hypocrite.

For what purpose? Are you saying these people just walk around all the time carrying assault weapons?
    Some do. Some don't. Depends on where you are, and what your purpose is.

The rationale behind doing it now versus the last eight years.
    Because they want to. Despite your view of the world having to revolve around you and your approval of what they do......They do not live by your leave your highness. They can protest when, where, how, and with whom they wish - so long as they break no laws. They can do it at any time they feel the need to do so. If you don't like it, you'll have to put your big boy pants on and learn to deal with it.

Can't prove a negative. First rule of debate.
    What negative?

It can't hurt for the assault rifle ban.
    So it is amazing that an intelligent and educated man such as yourself would support a law that does nothing to reduce crime, restrict criminals from obtaining firearms, save lives, or accomplish any purposes that it sets out to do. How insightful you are.

Again a specious argument. Restrictions to Ammendments were enacted during the Bush years and conservatives supported them. I see the 2nd Ammendment as being no different than the restrictions passed on the 1st or 4th Ammendments.
    Nooooooooo. Some supported them, some did not. And a lot of liberals supported it too. However, as usual, you choose to only lambaste the conservatives that voted for it. And before becoming POTUS, Mr. Obama chose to extend the Patriot Act, while vilifying it in the campaign.

Once again, you show your hypocricy by ridiculing the restriction of 2 ammendments while pushing for the restriction of a third. Hypocrite.

Actually it's more your lack of understanding the response.
    I understood the response quite well thank you. And you said you weren't smart.

Thank you for proving my point.
    What point. I proved nothing, except perhaps in your deluded mind.

I feel so oppressed.
    Just because you do not feel oppressed does not mean that it is not occurring.

And I condemn those acts of violence.
    Where? Where did you condemn those acts of violence? And if you condemned them, why are you allowed to condemn those on the "right" for their actions while numerous people here have condemned those? Hypocrite.

Really? When did I link either of those?
    You don't link to support your statements - because fact and truth do not support your statements. But your talking points seem to come right from them.

Two very unbiased sources. Considering that anyone in the gene pool can edit a Wikipedia entry.
    Edit or not, it is his record. And since you cannot have an intelligent conversation, you opt to ridicule the sources and not the facts. Doing so does not make them any less factual. Except - apparently - when you do it. Hypocrite.

I read about the gun toting protester on the Fox News website.
    Oh, you get to choose your supporting data now, and no one better have the gall to question it either right?

I had no idea they were now considered part of the democratic and liberal media talking heads. I'll have to pass on your comments to Bill (sexual predator) O'Reilly, and Sean (I love the New Haven firefighters but hate their pensions) Hannity.
    The weren't. However regarding the gentelman from New Hampshire and his interview with one of your favorite "unbiased" talking heads Mr. Matthews it was OK.

Nice that you can attack Bill O'Reilly for his past actions, but whenever anyone does the same for Bill Clinton you cry foul. Hypocrite.

I remember them being angry over reasons that were shown be based in fear mongering and not facts. Health care in the 90's was about 1/7th of GDP. Now it's 1/5th. The status quo is unsustainable unless one is foolish enough to believe the propaganda being funded by the insurance industry.
    And your information used is not unbiased and could not be considered propaganda? How stereotypically hypocritical of you. Big surprise there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireinfo10 View Post
    And there's the current idiot talking point from the Daily Kook/Obama Admin. Bash the insurance industry, they are causing the controversy at townhalls etc. It's not really millions of ****ed off Amerians. Keep believing it dems.
    Of course it is the insurance industry doing so. It can't possibly be millions of people angry over a Democratically "lead" Congress spending like a drunked teenager with daddy's credit card. Especially not after ridiculing the Republicans for doing the same thing.

I am not a fan of the insurance companies at all, however to think that the government is going to be more efficient at providing health care just makes me want to laugh.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireinfo10 View Post
    FreedomWorks is the organization behind the town hall disrupters. They're are being supported by the insurance industry.

Keep believing these actions are spontaneous. It's why less than a quarter of the voting populace are registered with the GOP.

Forum Member

Of course it is the insurance industry doing so. It can't possibly be millions of people angry over a Democratically "lead" Congress spending like a drunked teenager with daddy's credit card. Especially not after ridiculing the Republicans for doing the same thing.
    No it can't. Especially since the majority of people voted to give the Dems a majority in congress. It's simple math.

I am not a fan of the insurance companies at all, however to think that the government is going to be more efficient at providing health care just makes me want to laugh.
    I have a couple of folks who utilize the VA. They couldn't be happier with the care they are receiving. Which wasn't always the case.

Back In Black

FreedomWorks is the organization behind the town hall disrupters. They're are being supported by the insurance industry.

Keep believing these actions are spontaneous. It's why less than a quarter of the voting populace are registered with the GOP.
    Your tinfoil hat looks nice!

You are deceiving yourself if you think people aren't upset about this issue.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

IACOJ BOD

This thread wins the award for...

"Maximum number of Quotes used in the shortest possible space"
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Your tinfoil hat looks nice!

You are deceiving yourself if you think people aren't upset about this issue.
    And you believe the those shouting down representatives at town hall meetings are representative of the majority of the populace?

Further more, you don't believe there is no organized effort by FreedomWorks behind this organization? These are just spontaneous outbursts by a small group of concerned citizens.

You might want to check your home for fume leaks if you believe all of that.

More importantly. How does bringing a gun to a debate about health care add or subtract from that debate?

I'd be amused at people like this (if they weren't armed) about their sudden concern for their freedoms and socialism had they acted in a similar manner when Bush was signing spending bills into law and the prescription drug bill. They didn't. It's one of the many reasons I don't believe their motives are genuine concern for freedom.
    Last edited by scfire86; 08-21-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Back In Black

And you believe the those shouting down representatives at town hall meetings are representative of the majority of the populace?
    I don't believe I typed that. Maybe you are getting confused in your retirement?

They are not "representative" of the people, but their concerns are shared by many.

Further more, you don't believe there is no organized effort by FreedomWorks behind this organization? These are just spontaneous outbursts by a small group of concerned citizens.
    I certainly don't see proof of a widespread conspiracy. But it's a great way to marginalize a good chuck of americans.

Furnace is off, thank god!

More importantly. How does bringing a gun to a debate about health care add or subtract from that debate?
    It has nothing to do with it, until the liberals thought they could score points by dragging it onto the news as a way to show how stupid and scary rural america is.

'd be amused at people like this (if they weren't armed) about their sudden concern for their freedoms and socialism had they acted in a similar manner when Bush was signing spending bills into law and the prescription drug bill. They didn't. It's one of the many reasons I don't believe their motives are genuine concern for freedom.
    I believe that Chris Mathews is more dangerous than Kostric every could be.

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Banned

I laugh at the blame being placed on those bad for profit insurance companies. Dumbest argument going. Look up the P&L statements on these guys, they make about 4% profit and the government takes 1/2 of that. There is no way the government will be able to compete, just look at how well the USPS does against UPS and FEDEX. Not even close.

And my neighbor has been fighting with the VA hospital for months. He absolutely hates it especially since he has to drive over an hour to get to the closest one. I say they should just close all the VA hospitals and just give those who use them insurance to go to the doctor and hospital of their choice.

Banned

Not any more than the likes of Cindy Sheehan and the rest of her Al Qaeda supported friends.

I'd be amused at people like this (if they weren't armed) about their sudden concern for their freedoms and socialism had they acted in a similar manner when Bush was signing spending bills into law and the prescription drug bill. They didn't. It's one of the many reasons I don't believe their motives are genuine concern for freedom.
    There is no organized disruption of these meetings. Put the Glue down and step away from the bottle. People are genuinely disgusted by the way our leaders have acted for the last 100 years. Comes a breaking point when people revolt and say enough is enough. And these people were protesting Bush as well, as a not so smart man you probably missed that.

Banned

I don't believe I typed that. Maybe you are getting confused in your retirement?

They are not "representative" of the people, but their concerns are shared by many.

I certainly don't see proof of a widespread conspiracy. But it's a great way to marginalize a good chuck of americans.

It has nothing to do with it, until the liberals thought they could score points by dragging it onto the news as a way to show how stupid and scary rural america is.

Actually Chief, the protesters do represent a majority of Americans who do not believe in this bill. Obamas approval rating is sinking faster than the Titanic becuase of this health care debacle. His approval is at 51% while his disapproval is at 42%. He is in a faster free fall than Bush was. Bush was at 56% in August of his first term. There were two events that boosted his approval ratings, 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq. Wonder what Obama will do to boost his ratings?

Forum Member

Fair enough. But there are people who support the move to a public option in the health care debate. They voted (as a majority) to support individuals who share that belief.

FreedomWorks is the chief organizing entity behind the town hall disruptions. Their chief spokesperson is former Rep. Dick Armey. They are primarily funded by companies who benefit from the status quo. Not a lot of dots to connect.

Was hoping it was on. Now I know your belief is rooted in being ignorant of the circumstances or the issue. No problem. Ignorance is not a crime.

Once again, how does bringing a firearm to a debate on health care add or subtract to that debate? I had no idea Phoenix, AZ or NH were now considered part of rural America. Thanks for the geography lesson.

How so? Is Mathews advocating violence like Kostric? What do you base that upon other than your own bias?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 First ... 45678910 ... Last

Thread Information