Thread: A legend passes

Forum Member

Default A legend passes

I know many of the people here are musicians...
    From Firegeezer.com...
    First, the music world as a whole and the Geezer generation as well were saddened yesterday to hear of the passing of innovative guitarist Les Paul at age 94. During his prime in the 1950ís, Les Paul was a musical giant as he and his wife Mary Ford turned out recording hit after hit for several years. In 1951 they first came to widespread prominence with a Pee Wee King-written song Tennessee Waltz which eventually became the official state song. Within weeks they followed up with another monster-hit Mockingbird Hill and then right behind that, How High the Moon.

The latter song was a recording breakthrough that showcased a technique of multi-track recording that Ford had invented and is the basis of pop music still today. He had been experimenting with taking the recording tracks of both his playing and his wifeís vocal tracks and layering them repeatedly until he achieved a unique blend that reverberated within the recording.

It would take pages to tell the whole story of Les Paulís achievements including his invention of the solid-body electric guitar and his many musical innovations.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

It would take pages to tell the whole story of Les Paulís achievements including his invention of the solid-body electric guitar and his many musical innovations.
    It was said on the radio station I listen to that Rock would not be what it is today if not for Les Paul.

Rest peacefully in the arms of the angels, Mr. Paul

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Unhappy Yep.........

Rest in Peace Les. This World is a better place because you passed through it.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information