Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Sept. 8th is 1199 date, Help Desk says.

Anyways, that is what the Help Desk just confirmed to me. Also said first awards are scheduled for Thursday Oct. 1st. Sent them an email about different issue and received a phone call back. Thought I would take a shot and ask. I did. I asked about my applications too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Anyways, that is what the Help Desk just confirmed to me. Also said first awards are scheduled for Thursday Oct. 1st. Sent them an email about different issue and received a phone call back. Thought I would take a shot and ask. I did. I asked about my applications too.
    My guess is your talking about 2009 AFG? Hard to tell since there are so many programs running right now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I was thinking you mean the fire station grants??

What did they say about your grants?

Forum Member

need more info lol

Forum Member

The Help Desk did mention the Station Grants. He said the first round 1199s for the '09 AFG were scheduled for Sept. 8th, that they were to come out right after the Station Grants. He said the Station Grants were *delaying* the AFG 1199's till Sept. 8th. (i'm trying to quote exactly here). It sounded like he was reading off a schedule. When I took the chance and asked him about my applications, he said he didn't see anything other than they were submitted. Then he mentioned something about 2500 applications still to go. NOW, I don't remember exactly how the context of that 2500 came up, but I wasn't feeling too confident about my three applications. Gave me the usual if you don't get a DJ notification speal.

I had written the help desk as my department screwed around and had written the grant writers fee checks 2 months after the application period closed. As there were no awards or notifications as yet, if they could get past the date on the checks if I could show the vote in the minutes of Aprils meetings. (We had officers surgeries 2 months in a row). I wanted to scream when I saw the checks dates. The fees were to be donated to the department to help cover grant summit expenses. Arrgghhhh!

Anyway when I got the no go email it tried to send a read receipt and failed. I sent a followup email just as the help desk called to ask for one and that is how the conversation started.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Just about fits, station grants have been rumored for this month to be announced. Progress is being made on the information that was submitted so sounds like they're on track with that to happen so makes sense to see 1199As pop up then. Gives us all of Labor Day Weekend to sacrifice cows and distilled beverages to the Gods of Funding for good favor on the 8th.

MembersZone Subscriber

PR was not completed, hence the 2500 applications. Another PR has been scheduled, I believe, for the first or second week in September.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

8th-12th, didn't think the count was that high on apps to review. They probably have 2500 up in the air with 1200 to review since depending on how they score they could bump the ones already reviewed and scored. So probably 1200 apps or so worth of award money hanging in the balance, the rest are all in the zone. They can easily start with the ones scoring in the high 90s.

Forum Member

G-R-O-A-N. May have to cut my throat afterall

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Well if that means you can't answer the 10 Q's, more money for everyone else. Only 20.5 days left until it starts, ain't that bad.

Forum Member

Well, glad to hear that something is moving. It just irritates me that while these satiation grants have moved SO fast
    Last edited by Jman136; 08-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman136 View Post
    Well, glad to hear that something is moving. It just irritates me that while these satiation grants have moved SO fast
    150 awarded applications to process vs. 6,000 AFG. Big difference. ARRA has to move fast.

Forum Member

5850 DJ's and with an average of 40 hours per app. equals 234,000 hours of our lives that we cannot get back.

Forum Member

Umm that makes me feel like *****. Hey I made Firehouse.com headline news!
    http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...7&sectionId=46

FH Mag/.com Contributor

thought that was you when I read that. at least you're testifying and not convicted. or is that a 'not yet'?

Forum Member

nah, we stopped our game the minute our DA gave us the warning. We warned that department they had better stop....but they didnt listen. I hope it passes. We can hold our games starting day 1.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Games are allowed down here as long as everyone is 'friends' and the house doesn't take anything when it comes to home games. I think the charity games are allowed if all proceeds go to the stated charity and prizes for the winner(s) aren't in cash and are also donated. None of the departments run them around here so not sure exactly but seems like the wording is loose enough to allow it. Things are a little more laid back around here on most laws versus PA, having lived up there too. No old Quaker laws to contend with.

Default Rookie administrator

Please help...For the last couple of years I have written or assisted in writing the grant applications for our department, but have not been the one to deal with the input of materials into the computer and therefore are unaware of the process to understanding the 1199's and 10q's. If somebody would take a couple of minutes out of the time they are not going to get back and lead me through the process from here on out.

Thank you...
    ----------------------------
    David S. Blevins

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

~Abraham Lincoln

MembersZone Subscriber WJVaughn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dsblev View Post
    Please help...For the last couple of years I have written or assisted in writing the grant applications for our department, but have not been the one to deal with the input of materials into the computer and therefore are unaware of the process to understanding the 1199's and 10q's. If somebody would take a couple of minutes out of the time they are not going to get back and lead me through the process from here on out.

Thank you...
    blev,
    Give me a call and I will talk you thru it. I don't think I am far from you. email me at wjvaughn@aol.com for my number.

Thread Information