Thread: Rehab equipment

Forum Member

Default Rehab equipment

I'm just wondering what equipment everyone carries for rehab operations on the fire ground. I'm trying to put together a better system than what we are currently doing. Any input would be appreciated.

Forum Member

On our rescue truck we carry our rehab equipment.

Cascade system, several tarps, portable awning, several cases of water and gatorade, Cool-Mist Fan.

During cold weather ops, we replace the cooling fan with an outdoor propane heater

We are going to add a half dozen folding chairs, camp style this year. We found some Coleman brand ones for $20 each that have a 450lb weight capacity. Not that our firefighters are that big, but they look like they will last longer.
    Last edited by kd7fds; 08-19-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Forum Member

We got a grant for this purpose, so now we carry a jug of water and cups
    The opinions expressed in this post are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not the opinions of the government that I work for.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by upstater View Post
    We got a grant for this purpose, so now we carry a jug of water and cups
    You get cups also? Lucky bas...d!! We can only dream of such! You guys hiring?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by YFDLt08 View Post
    You get cups also? Lucky bas...d!! We can only dream of such! You guys hiring?
    Sure, but you have to share my cup. We didn't get any extras.

The opinions expressed in this post are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not the opinions of the government that I work for.

Back In Black

Bottled water

EMS carries other stuff, but to get their stuff you got to get poked and prodded...
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Support truck carries: pop up tent, folding chairs, mister fan, towels. All trucks carry bottled water in cooler with ice. EMS provides medical monitoring when needed.

We have 2 stages of rehab. Stage 1 is company level, involves hydration and use of apparatus cab for cooling/warming. Company officer responsible for rehab of members, used on short duration calls.

Stage 2 rehab is for long duration incidents, ISO sets up rehab group with officer (usually BC) assigned to oversee, requests support vehicle for above items, and EMS staff provide medical monitoring. Also have local Salvation Army canteen respond for food and additional fluids.

Thread Information