Default Reporting Illegal Lights

I am not one to pick on people but I have a HUGE problem with Hatzola. The latest issue that has me heated is that on my way home about 20 minutes ago, I just had a Chevy Suburban come up behind be covered in red, white, AND BLUE lights!

I know that Hatzola gets away with allot of things like having sirens because they register each of their cars as ambulances but the fact that this person put blue lights in their car as well just makes me furious! They have no respect for others and are completely illegal!

Now my question is, is there any way of reporting this? I have the plate numbers but I doubt it will do any good. Please, all comments and suggestions welcome.

MembersZone Subscriber

What is Hatzola? Have you talked to law enforcement if they are using illegal lights?

Forum Member

I think he is referring to this EMS agency in NJ http://www.hatzolahems.org/

Forum Member

You failed to even mention what state you are in. That plays a big role. Where i am in Mass, blue lights are the norm on police vehicles everywhere. But where i used to live in NY, it was red only. It does vary by state. Without knowing what state you are having the issue and who or what Hatzola is, there is not much i can tell you.

Forum Member

Forget it, Hatzola can get away with murder, toooooo much money being handed under the table to state and local governments for them to be punished....unless of course you live in NJ....but if you live in NY, there's nothign n you can do, they are a huge voting body and swing things their way. How else do you think they can get tax payer funded programs that....us tax payers are not aloud to benefit from? ie, the women's clinic in Kiras Joel.....then their is New Square and their "fire department" issues with Hillcrest....oh and the tax payer funded private schools they have....
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulz01 View Post
    I am not one to pick on people but I have a HUGE problem with Hatzola. The latest issue that has me heated is that on my way home about 20 minutes ago, I just had a Chevy Suburban come up behind be covered in red, white, AND BLUE lights!
    yes, and??? were they driving erratically? did they tailgate you? and did you immediately pull to the right and let them pass like you are supposed to when an emergency vehicle pulls up behind you?

and just for theoretical purposes, how do you know the vehicle wasn't an unmarked police car or a take home supervisors car of the local Fire, police or EMS agency?
    I know that Hatzola gets away with allot of things like having sirens because they register each of their cars as ambulances but the fact that this person put blue lights in their car as well just makes me furious! They have no respect for others and are completely illegal!
    first off, you are wrong. their cars are not registered as ambulances, they are registered as authorized emergency vehicles. This way, they are allow to put the lights and sirens in their POVs (like any police car, fire chief, or EMS supervisor/first responder) and typically people use those lights when they are responding directly to an emergency scene. They also have a jump kit, oxygen bottle, and other first response equipment (just like any other first responder). and unless I am mistaken, they are all EMTs, paramedics, nurses, or doctors.
    Now my question is, is there any way of reporting this? I have the plate numbers but I doubt it will do any good. Please, all comments and suggestions welcome.
    Again, what is your complaint? they have too many lights? unsafe driving?

and the most important question, would you be making the same complaint if it was an unmarked police unit driving the exact same way, responding to an emergency?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite View Post
    Again, what is your complaint? they have too many lights? unsafe driving?
    Probably the fact that the vehicle had blue lights and it apparently isn't allowed.
    I don't know for sure where the vehicle in question is registered, the company operates out of NJ unless I am misinformed.

Forum Member

Please, all comments and suggestions welcome.
    As your first post on this board was to complain about something that you are not even involved with, my recommendation would be to find you own F'ing business.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

MembersZone Subscriber

address a need in the Jewish community for an ambulance service that understood its cultural and religious needs
    (Hatzolah website)

WTF? Jews bleed different then the rest of us?

Thank God I live in the Midwest

MembersZone Subscriber

You neglected to mention what state? Hatzolah operates in a number of
    locations, and each state is different insofar as its rules.

And I would love to know what state allows them to register as ambulances - its not NY - although NY does have a specific law about Hatzolah and its light laws.

Hatzolah does NOT offer its services to only jews, I have seen them provide services to other races and religions. They are jewish oriented of course, but do not discriminate.

And yes, if I was very religious, it would be nice to have someone of the same faith taking care of me, but I would want proper medical care regardless. Being the heathen that I am, as long as they are competant, (which the Hatzolah folks are, as much as any other EMS agency) then I am fine with whoever shows up first!

http://www.hatzolahems.org/hatzolahs.html

https://www.hatzalah.org/duringAttack.php has some information about their
    9/11 response.

Forum Member

Blue lights are approved for Hatzola. They are in the shape of the Star of David !

Thread Information