Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    MembersZone Subscriber

This is great stuff. Could be why there are Americans travelling to other countries to get health care that is unaffordable to them here.
    Can you provide more than anecdotal evidence to support this?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    So, people who voted for him really didn't know what they wanted?

Interesting.....
    Well that is also true. I believe that over 50% of the people in any election who vote really have no idea what the candidate stands for. And in this case, Obama has not really given any specifics on how to accomplish anything. At least he finally defined his goals on Health Care deform

Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Your attempt to measure your life against others, based on how much stuff you own, proves how shallow you are. You're merely focused on the transactional battles of life.Being married to a rich person has never been a contraindication for being a communist.
    This is always a humorous point. It's not the first time I've had to deal with it on these boards.

You see moonbat. You continue to call me a commie. I own things. I believe in the ownership of private property. Also known as capitalism. Capital is the root word of capitalism in case you didn't know. Now in a communist society, no one is allowed to own anything. That pick up truck you drive and the double wide you live in are all owned by the state. Something with which I don't agree.

Now that concept used to be taught in HS civics class when I was a teenager. I guess it isn't any longer or what is more likely is you weren't paying attention. You were more than likely daydreaming on how to get into your sister's pants.

But like the others you confuse my detailing positions with bragging. It isn't. It's to prove the point that I don't believe in communism. A term you throw around quite easily to the point where it's become quite obvious you're completely ignorant of its meaning. I'm not surprised with the veracity of your defense of folks like Beck, Limbaugh, and Hannity. All of whom are college drop outs.

As far as being married to a rich person. Well, you don't know what you don't know. When I met my wife she had a job where she was literally saying, "would you like fries with that order?" After we were married I worked to pay the bills and she was going to college part time. It took her almost ten years to graduate but ultimately she did. She's in the business community where one has the possibility of greater rewards, but also has the greater risk of being unemployed. She's done quite well. No doubt about it. I guess in your twisted world I should have married someone who is stupid and would have had no future. Something you day dream about constantly.

It takes a lot of typing to refute your incessant mendacity. What you're oblivious to is that I responded to 3 of your propaganda posts in just one. But given you're inability to tell the difference between 1 and 3 trillion, and your inability to use a calendar, and your lack of understanding of budget deficits, no one would expect much more.
    If my alledged lies were so severe it could done quickly and succinctly. The fact that you have to go to such great lengths (with no one else supporting you) only proves the correctness of my position.

Aside from being the epitome of narcissism, you have no sense of identity. There are no mirrors in libtardville. Look at your post count, and darn near 99% of it is lies about conservatives, almost nothing on FF topics, just political spin from you.
    I'm retired. I quite thinking of firefighters topics long ago. The discussions are an exercise in common sense made difficult. You confuse activity with achievement. One day you'll understand the difference.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-12-2009 at 10:42 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Then gives us "National Day of Service". Go find your local ACORN compound and get your orders.
    Where else are you going to get advice on setting up a prostitution ring? I'll bet they can help you get into the drug business too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    How?

Really not trying to pick a fight, but I just don't see it.

Not everyone can be a Firefighter/Medic/Cop. Not everyone can serve in the military. A "National Day of Service" is a good way to call on those who cannot be the "heroes" to pick up their boot straps and do something for their community and their country.

Is the best way to honor the dead to sit there and be sad, or is the best way to honor the dead to try and make your community a better place.

Part of what made the Country feel human after 9/11 was the outburst of support from people for their communities. People put their differences aside, cared more about each other than just themselves for once. That spirit is almost gone in many places, and it's a damn shame it went away this quickly.

What's wrong with encouraging people to at keep that sense of community going for at least one day a year, when it was flowing so freely during the time after 9/11?
    Why should it be just a day and then return to the "same ole same ole".... I agree it is a start, but for people sitting around with nothing to do they have all day everyday to help the community.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    According to another article the USGS does this training several times a week and was using a frequency reserved for USGS. This training did not involve other agencies.

The problem was CNN was monitoring that frequency and in order to jump the other Networks aired the "Event" without following up with anyone to find out what was going on. By the time they did, and were told it was just training, the story already had legs.
    I sure hope you meant USCG (US Coast Guard), not USGS (US Geological Survey)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    It's even harder to see the ignorance that exists in the rural areas.

Here's some advice. Just because you can have sex with farm animals, doesn't mean you should.
    Rural Americans are more in touch with real life. We don't live in a brick and mortar world where all the houses look a like. We know that milk comes from a cow and not the corner store. We know what it is to raise animals all summer long so we can kill them and eat them in the fall.

I am not a farmer, but I have the utmost respect for them. Not only do they provide our food, but they have their feet firmly planted on the ground. They are your basic grass roots Americans. Without rural Americans urban Americans would starve to death.

Rural Americans know that the tree huggers have their heads in their azzes. There is no need to save and preserve the trees, those F***** things keep growing back. And often in places we don't want them.

Rural people live in a clean wholesome environment. City people live in dirty, filthy, air polluted, over priced cube.

I've been to the city and wouldn't trade living there for nothing. It amazes me as to how truly clueless most urbanites are about the realities of life. Urbanites have this opinion the Big Brother will take care of all of their needs, while rural Americans fend for themselves.

Banned

I could care less about specific numbers. I do know that non-farm unemployment dropped almost in half during his first term.
    Isn't that the truth? There are facts in the numbers and they tell the story. Which is an inconvenient truth for the libs. But here is a number. Stimulus bill increases the deficit by 1 trillion dollars. Since passage unemployment has gone from 7.6 to 9.7. It isn't working.

Once again, does that apply to the economic booms that occurred during the Reagan and Bush years? Do you (like idiotboy) believe the government has no influence on the economy?
    First off, I never said that government spending does not affect the economy, I said the government does not control the economy. Huge difference, but to the uneducated I can see the difficulty in telling the difference.

The government removes money from the economy in the form of taxes. It then puts the money back. In the process it skims 10% off the top. So the economy loses money in the process. To make up for this they do deficit spending. Pretty soon the left will run out of other peoples money. Then what? Oh wait, I know, The Government will Buy the banks, and the manufacturers, and run them into the ground.

Interesting how you blame FDR's policies for prolonging the Great Depression yet you claim that just because someone is president they shouldn't receive any credit (and blame I'm assuming) for economic circumstances. Which is it? Your swimming analogy only proves you're in over your head on this one. Not only was Bush never in the pool, he wasn't even on the team.
    Interesting how you claim spending on WWII brought the country out of recession yet spending in Iraq put is in recession. Which is it?

Just so you understand. The economy is a chaotic system just like the weather. We can't control the weather and we can't control the economy.

Banned

If my alledged lies were so severe it could done quickly and succinctly. The fact that you have to go to such great lengths (with no one else supporting you) only proves the correctness of my position.
    You mean like this post here
    ZZZZaaaappppp!!!
    The fact that he has to go to great lengths shows the difference between the truth and your lies. It's easy to spew the lies from the Huffington post. It is much harder to get the truth through real research.

If you only had one simple lie or mis-truth the responses would be short and succinct. Given the volumes of BS that you spew forth lengthy retorts are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy View Post
    Rural Americans are more in touch with real life. We don't live in a brick and mortar world where all the houses look a like. We know that milk comes from a cow and not the corner store. We know what it is to raise animals all summer long so we can kill them and eat them in the fall.
    They are also subsidized by the urban areas.

I am not a farmer, but I have the utmost respect for them. Not only do they provide our food, but they have their feet firmly planted on the ground. They are your basic grass roots Americans. Without rural Americans urban Americans would starve to death.
    Not really. They'd just learn how to grow and raise their own food.

Rural Americans know that the tree huggers have their heads in their azzes. There is no need to save and preserve the trees, those F***** things keep growing back. And often in places we don't want them.
    And tree huggers know that many rural men have their first sexual experience with a farm animal.

Rural people live in a clean wholesome environment. City people live in dirty, filthy, air polluted, over priced cube.
    Good for them.

I've been to the city and wouldn't trade living there for nothing. It amazes me as to how truly clueless most urbanites are about the realities of life. Urbanites have this opinion the Big Brother will take care of all of their needs, while rural Americans fend for themselves.
    Which urbanites? You're making generalizations. BTW, the Big Brother you disparage is fully taken advantage of by rural America. More tax dollars flow from the heavily urbanized states to the primarily rural states. The myth of rural areas being self sufficient is exactly that, a myth.

Isn't that the truth? There are facts in the numbers and they tell the story. Which is an inconvenient truth for the libs. But here is a number. Stimulus bill increases the deficit by 1 trillion dollars. Since passage unemployment has gone from 7.6 to 9.7. It isn't working.
    You yourself have stated that economic policies some times take years to be effective. Obama's been in office barely nine months. Unemployment is typically a lagging indicator. Knowledgeable people know that, idiots like yourself and moonbat, do not.

First off, I never said that government spending does not affect the economy, I said the government does not control the economy. Huge difference, but to the uneducated I can see the difficulty in telling the difference.
    Then you shouldn't be worried about any of the polices coming out of DC.

The government removes money from the economy in the form of taxes. It then puts the money back. In the process it skims 10% off the top. So the economy loses money in the process. To make up for this they do deficit spending. Pretty soon the left will run out of other peoples money. Then what? Oh wait, I know, The Government will Buy the banks, and the manufacturers, and run them into the ground.
    Maybe I missed something. All of those groups came to DC asking for handouts. Did the government force them to make poor business decisions? I have recourse with the government. I can fire the responsible individuals (via the ballot box). With corporations I have no recourse unless I'm a major share holder. BTW, would those be the same banks that caused you to be irresponsible and go BK?

Interesting how you claim spending on WWII brought the country out of recession yet spending in Iraq put is in recession. Which is it?
    Iraq has gone on longer than WW II. In case you weren't keeping track. Read Eisenhower's farewell speech on the dangers of the military industrial complex and excessive spending on defense. I doubt you'll understand. He was such a commie.

Just so you understand. The economy is a chaotic system just like the weather. We can't control the weather and we can't control the economy.
    Many folks (on both sides of the aisle) disagree with you. More than likely it's your personal finances that resemble a chaotic weather system.

The fact that he has to go to great lengths shows the difference between the truth and your lies. It's easy to spew the lies from the Huffington post. It is much harder to get the truth through real research.
    I've made my points. His tactic is to throw out so much crap as to confuse simple minded folks like yourself. I've posted my sources in the past. I don't do it any longer for either of you because both of you keep spewing the same non-sense over and over.

If you only had one simple lie or mis-truth the responses would be short and succinct. Given the volumes of BS that you spew forth lengthy retorts are needed.
    Compare my posts to his and yours. Nothing else needed.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-12-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Banned

They are also subsidized by the urban areas.
    Back in the 70s NY State had to bail out the city and we have been doing so every since. We subsidize their Mass Transit, Police Force, Fire Department, and sports stadiums. More money flows into the city than out of it.

Not really. They'd just learn how to grow and raise their own food.
    Oh, and where will they grow it?

You yourself have stated that economic policies some times take years to be effective. Obama's been in office barely nine months. Unemployment is typically a lagging indicator. Knowledgeable people know that, idiots like yourself and moonbat, do not.
    And you have said Obama is responsible for the turn around of the Stock Market. One way or the other my friend. Is he responsible for all of the economic indicators or just the ones that make him look good?

Many folks (on both sides of the aisle) disagree with you. More than likely it's your personal finances that resemble a chaotic weather system.
    Yes I know, there are a bunch of arrogant knuckleheads of on both sides of the aisle who think they can control anything and everything.

Nope, my personal finances used to mirror those of the Government. It didn't work for me and it won't work for them.
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 09-12-2009 at 12:11 PM.

I'll let you and moonbat have the last word. You call me a commie or a limousine liberal.

Ask yourself? How is it this liberal and other liberals have done quite well, yet you've had to go BK and moonbat is at best a ne'er do well?

It might be because we embraced the system you claim held both of you back and made it work.

We didn't spend hours a day posting on an obscure message board in cyber space about liberals and liberal policy.

We actually worked at making the opportunities available to work in our favor.

Your conclusions about rural versus urban finance are ridiculous. But keep believing him. I've posted the information that contradicts this belief more than once.

You want us to believe you do significant research on an issue. You've proven over and over that isn't the case.

Otherwise you would have never gone BK. I live in the same country as yourself. I pay the same taxes to the same government, yet my credit history doesn't include a bankruptcy. It might be because I never bought anything on credit that wasn't beneficial. I was told years ago that mortgage and education debt were the only two forms of debt one should incur. I've lived by it my entire adult life.

You apparently did not.

Good luck to both of you.

Forum Member

Bush inherited peace and prosperity and passed off just the opposite.
    See, this is the type of lies that he spreads.

Bush inherited a weaken state of National Security that allowed Islamofascists to enter the US and train to pilot aircraft on our own soil. At the time, there were 13 official government agencies that constitute the U.S. intelligence community, all of which either reported directly to, and/or whose Dept head was appointed by, the Chief Executive officer of the US government (aka Bill Clinton). Clinton played paddy-cake with our intelligence, and 9/11 was the result. Clinton didn't have to deal such an event, nor did any other President.
    When Obama was sworn in, the market plummetted to about 6500. Many were saying the market was voting on his presence with a lack of confidence. I think one of those was our very own idiotboy. I'm feeling too lazy to search for the post, so it could've been someone else. One pundit went so far to say Obama was the greatest wealth destroyer he'd ever witnessed. Now the market is up over 9500 and all of those detractors are mum on the subject. He was getting hammered for the market tanking, but is given none for its recovery.
    Presidential Approval and the Dow: No Clear Relationship
    Now that the market is showing some signs of recovery I can now make the statement his actions are the cause.
    Then I'm sure can tell us all what those actions were? I guess it was his swift actions on unemployment.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

Forum Member

What I'm seeing is that America is beginning to wake up to the fact that Obama is not anywhere close to the kind of president that they hoped for. His stimulus plan is not working, the housing market is stagnant (no matter how much they spin it), the taking over of major buisnesses and the snubbing of the stockholders of those buisnesses in favor of the unions and of course the national healthcare insurance issue.

Whe Obama gave his speach to the doctors of the AMA, he made some statements that left the audience and press aghast. Then the AP wrote that White House officials remarked that the Presidents statements were not to be taken literally. This is incredible. If Bush's White House said that, that President Bush's statements are not to be taken literally, why NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN & MSNBC would have jumped and squwaked all over that statement for years.

How can anyone believe anything Obama says then, if this is the official position that the White House takes? Think about it. Then his statements and promises are worthless,,,, officially. Anyway the public is seeing his policies failing and for reasons that the opposition had pointed out in advance. Since that is actually happening, the public is also payiing more attention now to what the conservatives are warning about. Acorn has been accused before, but now there is evidence that the nation can see and this will be an ace in the hole for Obama's critics. No ones going to believe Obama now when he tries to distance himself from Acorn and Van Jones and other issues from now on. It is all begining to unravel and soon Obama's supporters are going to be jumpin from his sinking and disgraceful ship.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    How can anyone believe anything Obama says then, if this is the official position that the White House takes? Think about it. Then his statements and promises are worthless,,,, officially.
    Was I the only who noticed that Barry lowered his "count" of uninsured? In the past it was 47 million, in his speech the other night, he said it was 30.

Seems his math is no better than libtard's.
    Last edited by txgp17; 09-15-2009 at 12:15 AM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

It's even harder to see the ignorance that exists in the rural areas.

Here's some advice. Just because you can have sex with farm animals, doesn't mean you should.
    Ah...elitism at its finest.

"You rural folks are too stupid to understand us modern city folks."
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

You may want to reread that text. Where has our government seized control of the financial and auto sector? I recall both of those industries going to DC asking for handouts.
    Considering the US Government owns a majority stake in GM and with the UAW, has a majority stake in Chrysler, I think it is fair to say the government controls the auto sector.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by firemanjb View Post
    Ah...elitism at its finest.

"You rural folks are too stupid to understand us modern city folks."
    Ahh the city folks. In the words of Merritt Rook, they are sheep, following blindly.

MembersZone Subscriber

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    Now that is funny right there... I don't care who you are!!!

Thread Information