Forum Member

Default The Perfect Storm...

I have been a Union Firefighter for over 10 yrs now, and I appreciate all it has provided for me, and paying dues is just a line on my payroll stub. I think nothing about it.

My point here is, during George Bush's terms in office, the President of the IAFF(Harold Schaitberger) repeated how close we are to a "National Collective Bargaining Agreement". As I referenced before-the Perfect Storm, with a Democratic President, Senate, and House there should be no stopping this legislation.

Do you agree?

I'm curious to hear from other Local members, please list your local number when you respond. If your not part of the IAFF, please keep your comments off this thread.

I can say with a degree of certainty that I will remain a member for the protection it provides, but I want to see something happen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemankennyf View Post
    I have been a Union Firefighter for over 10 yrs now, and I appreciate all it has provided for me, and paying dues is just a line on my payroll stub. I think nothing about it.

My point here is, during George Bush's terms in office, the President of the IAFF(Harold Schaitberger) repeated how close we are to a "National Collective Bargaining Agreement". As I referenced before-the Perfect Storm, with a Democratic President, Senate, and House there should be no stopping this legislation.

Do you agree?

I'm curious to hear from other Local members, please list your local number when you respond. If your not part of the IAFF, please keep your comments off this thread.

I can say with a degree of certainty that I will remain a member for the protection it provides, but I want to see something happen.
    I would like to see something happen with this too, even though it won't necessarily do much for me since we already have CB rights in my state, however you do realize these things take time to work thru the system, right? Not trying to make excuses, but there's also a few other items on their plates right now that might be of a little more priority. Besides, the current session isn't over yet.

Forum Member

Please tell me your not really expecting politicians to keep their word and real try to get this pushed through. With all the Obamacare debates/infighting going on I doubt that this will take precedence. L2928
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Forum Member

Firemankennyf, please PM me I have a question for you about your location.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Thread Information