Forum Member

Default TurboDraft in Oregon

Is anyone using the TurboDraft or similar high flow water eductor in Oregon. Does anyone know of a place in Oregon using them? I am trying to get a hold of one to demo for our district and potentially reverse engineer or buy one. I just first need to get one to play with.

Forum Member

one thread will suffice, you don't need to post it in every subforum that seems at all related to the topic.

MembersZone Subscriber

Contact the mfg and get a dealer to bring one by for a demo? That's pretty much how the fire industry works.

A couple videos on youtube.com

turbodraft.net

Schutte & Koerting
    2510 Metropolitan Drive
    Trevose, PA 19053
    Phone: (215) 639-0900
    Fax: (215) 639-1597
    Email: turbodraft@s-k.com

Reverse eng? How much time your going to waste on that. Yes be nice if they were less expensive but is your time worth anything?

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by drakescrossing View Post
    Is anyone using the TurboDraft or similar high flow water eductor in Oregon. Does anyone know of a place in Oregon using them? I am trying to get a hold of one to demo for our district and potentially reverse engineer or buy one. I just first need to get one to play with.
    What's to reverse engineer? Isn't it simply a jet siphon built into a strainer?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    What's to reverse engineer? Isn't it simply a jet siphon built into a strainer?
    Correction: we have a guy who own a machine shop and has built tons of things for us (hose rollers, rural well pump manifolds for water supply). We would have given it to him to copy all dimensions and the different locations. I believe i noticed a part of it where it bumps out to curve the flow of the 2.5" inflow. Just trying to get close w/o infringing upon patents.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Okay, as a long time volly, over 30 years in fact, let me say something here that some may find offensive. I apologize in advance for any apin I may cause you far too sensitive types.

IF you determine that your FD could use a TurboDraft, BUY ONE. Tell your fire board, tell your citizens, go to any local businesses, have a car wash, bake sale, brat fry(These go over big where I live), or some other fund raiser to get the needed funds. I would be deeply ****ed if I was a salesman, brought TurboDraft to your FD for you to try and then found out later you wanted it there just to steal the design and build your own. Which is probably patent infringement. Salesmen talk, even from rival companies, and what do you think the odds are that you would get other new tools or equipment to test after that got out?

Man I am so tired of places having to beg, borrow and steal to get what they need. If your fire board or citizens won't support the purchase after you explain why it would benefit them then too bad. You keep doing what you do now. F*** I hate doing fundraisers for vital equipment when the DPW gets new lawnmowers every 2 years, the cops, part-timers mind you, get a new squad every 2 or 3 years, and on and on. Why do we allow ourselves to be treated like this? I know, off topic, but not really. This topic is essentially about stealing someone's design and counterfitting their own version. Thereby affecting the original manufacturers bottom line.

Again, I apologize if I offended anyone but that is exactly how i feel.

Forum Member

Ditto to that.

Forum Member

I agree with Brother Fyred. That being said,having witnessed a demo of the Turbodraft, if you're going to encounter much elevation in the lay you'd be better off with one of the Hi volume portable pumps.Which is how we do things.Takes some water(and punp capacity)to run the Turbodraft at distance AND elevation. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

LBFD has an excellent training video of a perijet siphon

http://longbeach.granicus.com/MediaP...?publish_id=87

Forum Member

How much do Trubodrafts cost? I have heard they are very expensive for what they are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew21 View Post
    LBFD has an excellent training video of a perijet siphon

http://longbeach.granicus.com/MediaP...?publish_id=87
    Excellent???? lost interest when they didn't even consider the SCBA they had hanging on the wall.... My training chief would go off....

Thread Information