Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default REscue Me's women

I may be wrong, but the first couple seasons of Rescue Me seemed to be more accurate in their portrayal of women. Unlike many other programs which portray women as the better gender. Always coming to the rescue of men. Smarter than men and the solver of problems. Now I don't hate women, but I do take offence of the way the men seemed to be attacked all the time just because of their gender. It's call 'misandry'. Morning network news programs are particulary adept at taking shots at men.

When I watched the first three season's of Rescue Me, I couldn't help but applaud the writers of the show for trying to be more accurate of women in real life.,,,, Or maybe I'm just getting ultra sensitive for being a target because I'm a man.,,,, No, I'm right.

Forum Member

What?Next you'll be asking for directions and stopping for bathroom breaks along the way.
    Get thee to a Hooters for an intervention before you hand over the remote and the best seat.

Forum Member

Sorry, My point is, I applaud the way the writers accurately portray women. Not the way women's roles are represented everywhere else in the media. Takes a lot of guts these days to portray women as they actually are and not in the 'hero, never are wrong, smarter than all men' way the major networks do. In case you haven't been paying attention, the male gender has been under increasing critisisim from every corner of television media, or did you miss this? Ever watch the morning network news programs like the Today show or Good Morning America? It's like a free for all against men on these shows. If they said the same about women why there would be a national outcry of protest about slandering the female gender, but men are fair game. I haven't heard any protests against Rescue Me and it has me wondering about what's going on. Maybe I've missed the protests against the show, so will have my radar turned up from now on.

I don't think that show accurately portrays.... anyone. :P

Forum Member

Wink Applaud FX

I see 'Rescue Me's' women in the show, attaching themselves to men for money. Using one man against another for their own social agendas. Women against women too. And using sex to get what they want. Holding their children out as bargaining chips and using unfair laws as shields for their biased actions. I dont see those characters on NBC, CBS or ABC prime time.
    As I said, I applaud FX for finally getting more accurate in its protrayals. Probably why its ratings are high.
    Last edited by jam24u; 09-17-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Its the same old, same old TV BS they comes from dumb writers thinking they know about the job and don't. Normally they have a techincal advisor, and even then, the writers will do as they pleased without any regard to the real life.

Women are woman. Make a visit to hooters or you local meat store and see the dancers on stage taking the dollar bills!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information