Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Wow is correct. Are you making the claim Kennedy intentionally drove off that bridge to kill that woman?
    Maybe not, but after he did he just walked off and left her there without even trying to help showing depraved indifference to human life.

Back In Black

Wow is correct. Are you making the claim Kennedy intentionally drove off that bridge to kill that woman?
    I'm claiming he allowed that woman to drown and fled the scene.

Are you claiming that Laura Bush did anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    I admire his achievement of being elected numerous times to the Senate. Not much else.
    That's what you admire? That they got elected numerous times?

You must love Castro, Gadaffi and that nutjob in North Korea.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Laura was the driver in a car crash that resulted in a fatality when she was a teenager. Negligent homicide.

Yes, you missed something.
    Were the circumstances of the accident essentially similar to the incident in Chapaquidick?

I am pretty sure that the anger that alot of Americans still feel after all these years has little to do with the fact that he was involved in a fatal accident. It has everything to do with him leaving the scene of the accident and making no attempt to rescue his passenger or to alert emergency services.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bottom line. Both were involved in an auto accident that resulted in the death of another human beings. Semantics aside, that is the point you choose to ignore with Laura Bush.
    You have to admit that the difference between these two incidents is hardly semantics. I mean, c'mon.

Forum Member

You need to stop trying to reword what others have said in a failing attempt to make an argument you can't win.

No, nobody has claimed he drove off the bridge in an attempt to kill his girlfriend while cheating on his wife. In fact, I think most are probably quite confident that was an accident, likely as a result of him being drunk.

For the 200th time today, the negligent homicide began when he left her in the submerged car, fled the scene of an accident, and intentionally did not call for help. It is willful depraved indifference resulting in the death of his girlfriend who suffocated in the car while he went home, probably to sober up.

So what do you have to say about that now that it has been spelled out? Or do I need to draw you picture?
    Last edited by nmfire; 09-02-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally Posted by scfire86
    Are you making the claim that Laura Bush intentionally ran the stop sign to kill that boy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Are you making the claim that Laura Bush intentionally ran the stop sign to kill that boy?
    No. That's why I asked CKN if that is his belief about Kennedy. I don't excuse his actions. I do know he suffered a concussion and it may very well explain a lot of his irrational behavior. I saw the effects of concussions numerous times as a PM during my career.

I am saddened to read some of the comments regarding him. I know there are compassionate conservatives. I'm just not sure any of them exist on these boards.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

No. That's why I asked CKN if that is his belief about Kennedy. I don't excuse his actions. I do know he suffered a concussion and it may very well explain a lot of his irrational behavior. I saw the effects of concussions numerous times as a PM during my career.

I am saddened to read some of the comments regarding him. I know there are compassionate conservatives. I'm just not sure any of them exist on these boards.
    That or his ETOH level. He made a CHOICE to drive drunk.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Back In Black

Save your crocodile tears.

It seems the only one who is failing to feel compassion is you. Would you like to correct that? You could give your condolences to the Kopechne family.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Save your crocodile tears.

It seems the only one who is failing to feel compassion is you. Would you like to correct that? You could give your condolences to the Kopechne family.
    You believe that hasn't already occurred?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    That or his ETOH level. He made a CHOICE to drive drunk.
    Do you know that for a fact?

MembersZone Subscriber

There is at least one.

I respect his position. But here is one other thing I repsect about him.

To me, one measure of the success of a legislator is how many pieces of legislation that he authored actually became law. Sen. Kennedy had at least 30. This is a very high number. That proves to me that he was an effective legislator. This is not a love fest. This is a fact.

An ineffective Senator would have 0 pieces of legislation authored by him become law. Like, for example, our current President.

Forum Member

Blah blah blah. He did more in his life than you could ever dream of doing.
    Spent more money that didn't belong to him than we could ever dream of doing either.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    Spent more money that didn't belong to him than we could ever dream of doing either.
    This statement doesn't make any sense.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    An ineffective Senator would have 0 pieces of legislation authored by him become law. Like, for example, our current President.
    Perspective might include how he fares against other senators with only three years into their first term.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-03-2009 at 02:57 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Perspective might include how he fares against other senators with only three years into their first term.
    It might. But I would think that 1 piece of legislation for a very special Senator who deserves to be Prresident might not be too high of a bar.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    He too will be remembered as a great man by the left.
    Don't forget the media essentially ignoring the tax issues of one Rep. Charles Rangel. Forgetting to claim hundreds of thousands of dollars on several tax and financial documents over the past few years.

What makes it even more ridiculous is that this is the scoundrel that is Chair of the Ways & Means committee......which has oversight for the IRS. And Rangel wants to expand taxation issues for us lowly working folk, yet does not pay taxes on his own assets. Just another hypocritical Dem largely ignored by the media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/29/ny.../29rangel.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_641231.html

http://www.examiner.com/x-17412-Maco...eported-assets
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

At least our current president hasn't murdered anyone yet, that we know of. Although he certainly got the hang of spending all our money that isn't his to spend.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

I never said he was great. I said being elected to the senate nine times was an achievement.
    And I say it is not an achievement. It all began in the manner that Joe Kennedy arranged for John's seat to be held by Ted's former college room mate until Ted turned 30 so he could run for the Senate. Then for 47 years he sat in a chair. Not exactly what I call an achievement, especially given this state's incredible love affair for anyone or anything with the name Kennedy - despite their lack of substance.

I did point a Bush that committed a similar crime.
    No, you pointed out that Laura Welch was involved in a car accident where another individual died. Seeing as how she was not married at that time she was not a Bush.

But we're told to ignore it since the individual was such a nice person and couldn't possibly have done anything considered heinous.
    She blew a stop sign. Ted drove off of a bridge, got out of the car, went back to a friend's house, did not tell anyone, and took a nap. About 6 hours after the collision, he then told people. Those are two different situations - and you know it.

Laura was from a prominent family in that section of Texas.
    That prominent family did not have the name "Bush." Let me guess, you will call it semantics, but "educated" people will call it fact.

Could her family's wealth and privilege possibly have bought her any slack as well? Or does that only happen with prominent liberal families?
    It is possible. However Joe Kennedy visited the Police Chief in the town and things magically got better for Ted. You ought to look into both matters before you speak of them and compare the two of them. That is what smart and educated people do.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

I do know he suffered a concussion and it may very well explain a lot of his irrational behavior. I saw the effects of concussions numerous times as a PM during my career.
    So have I. But never to the extent of this issue that you are eluding to.

I don't excuse his actions
    Yet you just did in the cut above regarding concussions.

I am saddened to read some of the comments regarding him.
    Eh. No different than some of the comments that you make. It is supposed to be different because he is now dead? A lot of people in this nation did not like Ted Kennedy when he was alive, and I detested the Kennedy love fest that I could not get away from for 4 days here on the Boston channels and in the national media. I detest the kid glove treatment that the Kennedy clan is treated with considering the blatant lawbreaking, special treatment, and hypocricy.....so I call it like I see it.

I know there are compassionate conservatives. I'm just not sure any of them exist on these boards.
    Which one of us claimed to be a "compassionate conservative?' I don't believe I ever have claimed to be one. Just because we as individuals do not fit what you think a "compassionate conservate" should be does not mean that we are not.

Ted Kennedy did some good in his time, but in no way, manner, shape, or form is above reproach for his actions. He was a man, and was no better, no worse, or different than any of us. I do not like it when people are put up on a pedestal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    At least our current president hasn't murdered anyone yet, that we know of. Although he certainly got the hang of spending all our money that isn't his to spend.
    We should check with his native land Kenya, they may have records on this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Don't forget the media essentially ignoring the tax issues of one Rep. Charles Rangel. Forgetting to claim hundreds of thousands of dollars on several tax and financial documents over the past few years.

What makes it even more ridiculous is that this is the scoundrel that is Chair of the Ways & Means committee......which has oversight for the IRS. And Rangel wants to expand taxation issues for us lowly working folk, yet does not pay taxes on his own assets. Just another hypocritical Dem largely ignored by the media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/29/ny.../29rangel.html

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_641231.html

http://www.examiner.com/x-17412-Maco...eported-assets
    Except this thread is about Kennedy. Not Charles Rangel.

Forum Member

And I say it is not an achievement. It all began in the manner that Joe Kennedy arranged for John's seat to be held by Ted's former college room mate until Ted turned 30 so he could run for the Senate. Then for 47 years he sat in a chair. Not exactly what I call an achievement, especially given this state's incredible love affair for anyone or anything with the name Kennedy - despite their lack of substance.
    There's more to winning elections than having a lot of money. Otherwise folks like Perot, Romney, Forbes, or even John McCain would have been president. All of them had more money than their rivals. George detailed the amount of legislation Kennedy passed. Pretty much kills you "all he did was sit in a chair" argument.

No, you pointed out that Laura Welch was involved in a car accident where another individual died. Seeing as how she was not married at that time she was not a Bush.
    So was her ex-boyfriend any less dead?

She blew a stop sign. Ted drove off of a bridge, got out of the car, went back to a friend's house, did not tell anyone, and took a nap. About 6 hours after the collision, he then told people. Those are two different situations - and you know it.
    Fatigue and wanting to sleep are very common side effects of a concussion. I'm surprised you don't know that.

That prominent family did not have the name "Bush." Let me guess, you will call it semantics, but "educated" people will call it fact.
    Her family (the Welch's) was prominent in that area of Texas. No difference.

It is possible. However Joe Kennedy visited the Police Chief in the town and things magically got better for Ted. You ought to look into both matters before you speak of them and compare the two of them. That is what smart and educated people do.
    So now you've dissolved into conspiracy. Do black helicopters keep you awake at night? Be very careful, no one whose seen them has lived to talk about it.

So have I. But never to the extent of this issue that you are eluding to.
    If you work in the medical field long enough, you will.

Yet you just did in the cut above regarding concussions.
    Not an excuse. But a possible explanation for his actions. Could also be why he was never charged with manslaughter.

Eh. No different than some of the comments that you make. It is supposed to be different because he is now dead? A lot of people in this nation did not like Ted Kennedy when he was alive, and I detested the Kennedy love fest that I could not get away from for 4 days here on the Boston channels and in the national media. I detest the kid glove treatment that the Kennedy clan is treated with considering the blatant lawbreaking, special treatment, and hypocricy.....so I call it like I see it.
    Poor thing. Are you complaining that someone else gets treated better than you? I remember a thread where I stated not all people have the same advantages. You fought me tooth and nail claiming otherwise. You just admitted I was right and you were wrong. Thank you.

Which one of us claimed to be a "compassionate conservative?' I don't believe I ever have claimed to be one. Just because we as individuals do not fit what you think a "compassionate conservate" should be does not mean that we are not.
    None. Reread my post. George claimed the title. So far he's lived up to it.l

Ted Kennedy did some good in his time, but in no way, manner, shape, or form is above reproach for his actions. He was a man, and was no better, no worse, or different than any of us. I do not like it when people are put up on a pedestal.
    I don't recall him ever asking to be put there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy
    We should check with his native land Kenya, they may have records on this.
    idiotboy joins the ranks of the moonbat birthers.

Who else besides me isn't surprised?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Whose the murderer?

BTW, you might want to take a civics class. At least the lecture that details the branches of government and its powers. It is his money to spend.

Thread Information