Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default No Kennedy thread?

The biggest partisan leftist POS in the US Senate dies and the Swimmer gets a pass here?

Lets hope St Peter has Mary Jo Kopechne manning the trapdoor lever when "Teddy" arrives at the Pearly Gates.

A closed "cask"et funeral? That to keep the scotch/rum/vodka from spilling.

Flags at half mast for Teddy Kennedy? He gets honors? And burial at ARLINGTON? What BS. I suppose next we'll learn that the Washington Monument is to be designated as the Obama Tombstone.

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe because some people have class and respect. I agreed with very little he did, but he served this country for a long time and he deserves our respect. You could at least wait until they bury him to spew your ignorant nonsense.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Good post George. Many of Kennedy's policies were too liberal for me as well. However, I admire a person who grew up with affluence committing his life to public service when he could just as easily led a life of leisure.

He won nine terms in the US Senate. I doubt there is anything in farmboy's resume' that even remotely compares to that achievement.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Banned

Out of respect for the family and the dead there is really no need ot have a thread about a murdering communist. I'm guessing you would like to have a thread about Charles Manson as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    The biggest partisan leftist POS in the US Senate dies and the Swimmer gets a pass here?
    I have to tell you, I live in the Peopl'es Republik of Taxachusetts and I am so freaking sick and tired of hearing about him from the media. For crying out loud, I don't need anymore all-Kennedy all the time thank you very much. Never have been and never will be a fan of Ted Kennedy or any of the Kennedy clan - but they treat his death like something other worldly.

Lets hope St Peter has Mary Jo Kopechne manning the trapdoor lever when "Teddy" arrives at the Pearly Gates.
    Eh. We'll have to have a talk some other time about the whole Heaven and Hell thing. But perhaps you have never heard of repentance.

A closed "cask"et funeral? That to keep the scotch/rum/vodka from spilling.
    Probably because of the ravages of the cancer. And it is no one elses business as to why or why not there is an open casket.

That being said, I could not believe that people waited 4 freaking hours in line to walk by a flag-draped casket lying in state at the JFK Museum in Boston. Come on people. And I thought the same for people waiting hours in line to walk past Ronald Reagan's casket in the Capitol a couple years ago......and I like Reagan.

Flags at half mast for Teddy Kennedy? He gets honors? And burial at ARLINGTON? What BS. I suppose next we'll learn that the Washington Monument is to be designated as the Obama Tombstone.
    While I may not agree with flags at half mast for him, he was a sitting Senator in the United States Senate:

http://www.gettysburgflag.com/FlyFlagHalfMast.php

As for burial at Arlington National Cemetary - under the rules and regulations established.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/fun...interment.html

A Guide to Burial at Arlington National Cemetery

Establishing Eligibility

Eligibility for Interment (Ground Burial)

The persons specified below are eligible for ground burial in Arlington National Cemetery. The last period of active duty of former members of the Armed Forces must have ended honorably. Interment may be casketed or cremated remains.

Any active duty member of the Armed Forces (except those members serving on active duty for training only).

Any veteran who is retired from active military service with the Armed Forces.

Any veteran who is retired from the Reserves is eligible upon reaching age 60 and drawing retired pay; and who served a period of active duty (other than for training).

Any former member of the Armed Forces separated honorably prior to October 1, 1949 for medical reasons and who was rated at 30% or greater disabled effective on the day of discharge.

Any former member of the Armed Forces who has been awarded one of the following decorations:
    Medal of Honor
    Distinguished Service Cross (Navy Cross or Air Force Cross)
    Distinguished Service Medal
    Silver Star
    Purple Heart

The President of the United States or any former President of the United States.

Any former member of the Armed Forces who served on active duty (other than for training) and who held any of the following positions:

An elective office of the U.S. Government

Office of the Chief Justice of the United States or of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.

An office listed, at the time the person held the position, in 5 USC 5312 or 5313 (Levels I and II of the Executive Schedule).
    The chief of a mission who was at any time during his/her tenure classified in Class I under the provisions of Section 411, Act of 13 August 1946, 60 Stat. 1002, as amended (22 USC 866) or as listed in State Department memorandum dated March 21, 1988.

Any former prisoner of war who, while a prisoner of war, served honorably in the active military, naval, or air service, whose last period of military, naval or air service terminated honorably and who died on or after November 30, 1993.

The spouse, widow or widower, minor child, or permanently dependent child, and certain unmarried adult children of any of the above eligible veterans.

The widow or widower of:
    a member of the Armed Forces who was lost or buried at sea or officially determined to be missing in action.
    a member of the Armed Forces who is interred in a US military cemetery overseas that is maintained by the American Battle Monuments Commission.
    a member of the Armed Forces who is interred in Arlington National Cemetery as part of a group burial.

The surviving spouse, minor child, or permanently dependent child of any person already buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

The parents of a minor child, or permanently dependent child whose remains, based on the eligibility of a parent, are already buried in ANC. A spouse divorced from the primary eligible, or widowed and remarried, is not eligible for interment.

Provided certain conditions are met, a former member of the Armed Forces may be buried in the same grave with a close relative who is already buried and is the primary eligible.

You may not like it, but he is eligible. And his grave will be marked by a simple, white marble headstone like the thousands of others located there.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down Well.....................

Sharkie, George, and SC pretty well covered the bases here. I didn't care for Sen. Kennedy, or the whole clan, for that matter. BUT, Common Decency toward other People should, and does for me, Preclude any "Political Attack" type of nonsense at this time. A grieving Family should be treated with Dignity and Respect regardless of Political beliefs..........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    That being said, I could not believe that people waited 4 freaking hours in line to walk by a flag-draped casket lying in state at the JFK Museum in Boston. Come on people. And I thought the same for people waiting hours in line to walk past Ronald Reagan's casket in the Capitol a couple years ago......and I like Reagan.
    Without getting political, I'm gonna do a name drop.

Michael Jackson
    IAFF

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Sharkie, George, and SC pretty well covered the bases here. I didn't care for Sen. Kennedy, or the whole clan, for that matter. BUT, Common Decency toward other People should, and does for me, Preclude any "Political Attack" type of nonsense at this time. A grieving Family should be treated with Dignity and Respect regardless of Political beliefs..........
    My only problem during the entire thing was that the MSM never once mentioned "Chappaquiddick". That is part of the legacy my friends. And where did this lying thing come from? Never heard that before either.

IACOJ BOD

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post

Michael Jackson
    Now that gets the CLAP of the month, well done.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Huh??...............

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Now that gets the CLAP of the month, well done.

Snowball got the Clap??.................. Wow......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Maybe because some people have class and respect.
    Thank you for pointing that out, Brother.
    It's apparent that there are some people here who have neither...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

We often plead for people to let the critique of a LODD wait until after the family and brothers had time to grief, why should we not give the same benefit to his family?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

I respect the position, not the man.

Like I did with George W.

...and I worked special protective duty for the sheriff's office when he visited my town.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post

Michael Jackson
    Oh yeah, same freaking thing. People need to get a f@cking life. These politicians and celebrities could not care less about you, but people bow down and kiss their arse worshipping the very ground they walk on.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

Kennedy funeral plans
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

I was hoping that nobody is discussing it here because nobody here gives a crap about him. I know I don't. I do not classify negligent homicide as something I should respect BTW.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    I was hoping that nobody is discussing it here because nobody here gives a crap about him. I know I don't. I do not classify negligent homicide as something I should respect BTW.
    Must be why you also never discussed having any respect for Laura Bush.

Banned

You are absolutely right. It should get as much attention as the Death of Castro, Hitler, Stalin, and Gorbachev.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Must be why you also never discussed having any respect for Laura Bush.
    I wasn't aware that Laura Bush was dead or that she has a past history of homicide. Did I miss something?

MembersZone Subscriber

I wasn't aware that Laura Bush was dead or that she has a past history of homicide. Did I miss something?
    U didn't miss the totally irrelevant post.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Kennedy funeral plans
    This proof that you fall into the category of those with no class and no respect... but then, would we expect anything less?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Back In Black

I agree with George, Harve..etc. I'm sorry for his family and their loss.

Nothing to be gained by slamming the man while he's still above ground.

The news coverage was a bit over the top and it really glossed over most of the criticism of him, however, that's common when a celebrity/politician dies.

I didn't like the things he has done, almost none of what he believed in and I am happy he is not in the senate anymore.

He was the epitome of Limosine Liberals and one of the best arguments for term limits this country has ever seen.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

And he let one of his girlfriends drown in a car....

Forum Member

Laura was the driver in a car crash that resulted in a fatality when she was a teenager. Negligent homicide.

Yes, you missed something.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    He was the epitome of Limosine Liberals and one of the best arguments for term limits this country has ever seen.
    We have term limits now. It's called the ballot box.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information