Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Well, considering the VERY first sentence in the article posted and referenced Says, "The British government decided it was “in the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdom” to make Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber, eligible for return to Libya, leaked ministerial letters reveal. "

I think a reasonable person would've concluded that we were all commenting on the government.

But, you obviously have an axe to grind, so continue with your crusade.
    He referenced an article, but referred to a country not their government.

No axe to grind here, just find it funny many suck up to him when he's proved time and time again he's a hypocrite. At least lafire has the balls to not block people who don't agree, it might be the only thing he has the balls to do but its more then george.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    He referenced an article, but referred to a country not their government.

No axe to grind here, just find it funny many suck up to him when he's proved time and time again he's a hypocrite. At least lafire has the balls to not block people who don't agree, it might be the only thing he has the balls to do but its more then george.
    Yea, you shouldn't suck up to him so much.

It's not healthy.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

You must be on your death bed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    We probably don't disagree. The same "without us" comment could be made about any member country of the Allied Forces.
    One of which was the UK
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

It's really a non-sequitar. It has nothing to do with this issue?

I am not sure who you are referring to (prob Hottrotter/Scarescrew), but why would anyone take him seriously???

As far as "winning" world war 2. It was an allied effort. However, is there really any doubt that without America entering the war the outcome would have been the same???

I don't just mean troops, I mean the manufacturing and logistic support of the US.

I don't know why that would be a slam on any of the allies?

The pivotal turning point in WW2 was Hitlers failure to invade Britain. Had he done this, there would have been no staging or logistics supply for an invasion of "Fortress Europe". Hitlers reasoning was based on his fear of the Soviet Union which wa probably well founded. Winning the war was an allied effort and I'm sure without American men, materials and support, it would not have been achieved. Funnily enough, in legions and veteran organizations in the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, India, you don't hear anyone claiming "We won the war". No one I know minimizes the part America played in the wars, they do however, get plenty ****ed about "Yank arrogance" regards the efforts the rest of the allies contributed.
    BTW, It never has been Scarecrow making any derogatory remarks about Canada or UK. Its a big mouth a lot closer to home for you.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    The pivotal turning point in WW2 was Hitlers failure to invade Britain. Had he done this, there would have been no staging or logistics supply for an invasion of "Fortress Europe". Hitlers reasoning was based on his fear of the Soviet Union which wa probably well founded. Winning the war was an allied effort and I'm sure without American men, materials and support, it would not have been achieved. Funnily enough, in legions and veteran organizations in the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ, India, you don't hear anyone claiming "We won the war". No one I know minimizes the part America played in the wars, they do however, get plenty ****ed about "Yank arrogance" regards the efforts the rest of the allies contributed.
    BTW, It never has been Scarecrow making any derogatory remarks about Canada or UK. Its a big mouth a lot closer to home for you.
    I actually think a strong argument could be made that the Soviets had more to do with Germany's defeat then any single country.

As for "Yank Arrogance", the American Vets have a lot to be proud of.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

I actually think a strong argument could be made that the Soviets had more to do with Germany's defeat then any single country.

I have to agree with that.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think there is no doubt that without the Soviets, Germany could not have been defeated by the Allies. Theres nothing wrong with being proud of their efforts in any military action, but I doubt you will find any other country denigrating their alliesor conveniently leaving their efforts out while beating their own chests.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I think there is no doubt that without the Soviets, Germany could not have been defeated by the Allies. Theres nothing wrong with being proud of their efforts in any military action, but I doubt you will find any other country denigrating their alliesor conveniently leaving their efforts out while beating their own chests.
    You won't find that here among the veterans either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Its true I think of veterans most everywhere. Unfortunately, there are a number of comments from big mouths on here whose closest brush with combat was tightening his belt as well as the Hollywood generalities that abound. Just look at the quote Steve posted on his last post

MembersZone Subscriber

Steve,

My comment was directed at the government, and then only a few in the government that made this deal. The British citizens are great people and have been our biggest best friend and the first to back us up, even if they didn't think it was right. Best example: Iraq

You know, the British, the French, Russians, or even the Americans and Canadians could have been speaking German if it wasn't for us all sticking together to defeat the evil empire. That comment can be made by anyone.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

During my time treating WW2 vets, I have never heard one be as arrogant about the US winning the war as people that were not even alive during that time.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information