Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Screw Great Britain

Screw Great Britain.

They lied to us. They sold their soul to the devil. At our expense. This Megrahi mutt should have been prosecuted in the US. So many of the victims were US citizens. Look at the list. Look how many kids. So many of the victims were from right here; New Jersey.

http://www.victimsofpanamflight103.org/victims

They gave up a mass murderer for oil. They made a deal with one of the largest sponsors of terrorism on the planet. They said screw the US. I say screw Great Britain. Their sorry asses would be speaking German today if it wasn't for us.

This story makes me want to throw up.

From The Sunday Times August 30, 2009

Lockerbie bomber 'set free for oil'
    Jason Allardyce
    The British government decided it was “in the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdom” to make Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber, eligible for return to Libya, leaked ministerial letters reveal.

Gordon Brown’s government made the decision after discussions between Libya and BP over a multi-million-pound oil exploration deal had hit difficulties. These were resolved soon afterwards.

The letters were sent two years ago by Jack Straw, the justice secretary, to Kenny MacAskill, his counterpart in Scotland, who has been widely criticised for taking the formal decision to permit Megrahi’s release.

The correspondence makes it plain that the key decision to include Megrahi in a deal with Libya to allow prisoners to return home was, in fact, taken in London for British national interests.

Edward Davey, the Liberal Democrat foreign affairs spokesman, said: “This is the strongest evidence yet that the British government has been involved for a long time in talks over al-Megrahi in which commercial considerations have been central to their thinking.”

Two letters dated five months apart show that Straw initially intended to exclude Megrahi from a prisoner transfer agreement with Colonel Muammar Gadaffi, under which British and Libyan prisoners could serve out their sentences in their home country.

In a letter dated July 26, 2007, Straw said he favoured an option to leave out Megrahi by stipulating that any prisoners convicted before a specified date would not be considered for transfer.

Downing Street had also said Megrahi would not be included under the agreement.

Straw then switched his position as Libya used its deal with BP as a bargaining chip to insist the Lockerbie bomber was included.

The exploration deal for oil and gas, potentially worth up to £15 billion, was announced in May 2007. Six months later the agreement was still waiting to be ratified.

On December 19, 2007, Straw wrote to MacAskill announcing that the UK government was abandoning its attempt to exclude Megrahi from the prisoner transfer agreement, citing the national interest.

In a letter leaked by a Whitehall source, he wrote: “I had previously accepted the importance of the al-Megrahi issue to Scotland and said I would try to get an exclusion for him on the face of the agreement. I have not been able to secure an explicit exclusion.

“The wider negotiations with the Libyans are reaching a critical stage and, in view of the overwhelming interests for the United Kingdom, I have agreed that in this instance the [prisoner transfer agreement] should be in the standard form and not mention any individual.”

Within six weeks of the government climbdown, Libya had ratified the BP deal. The prisoner transfer agreement was finalised in May this year, leading to Libya formally applying for Megrahi to be transferred to its custody.

Saif Gadaffi, the colonel’s son, has insisted that negotiation over the release of Megrahi was linked with the BP oil deal: “The fight to get the [transfer] agreement lasted a long time and was very political, but I want to make clear that we didn’t mention Mr Megrahi.

“At all times we talked about the [prisoner transfer agreement]. It was obvious we were talking about him. We all knew that was what we were talking about.

“People should not get angry because we were talking about commerce or oil. We signed an oil deal at the same time. The commerce and oil deals were all with the [prisoner transfer agreement].”

His account is confirmed by other sources. Sir Richard Dalton, a former British ambassador to Libya and a board member of the Libyan British Business Council, said: “Nobody doubted Libya wanted BP and BP was confident its commitment would go through. But the timing of the final authority to spend real money was dependent on politics.”

Bob Monetti of New Jersey, whose son Rick was among the victims of the 1988 bombing, said: “It’s always been about business.”

BP denied that political factors were involved in the deal’s ratification or that it had stalled during negotiations over the prisoner transfer talks.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman denied there had been a U-turn, but said trade considerations had been a factor in negotiating the prisoner exchange deal. He said Straw had unsuccessfully tried to accommodate the wish of the Scottish government to exclude Megrahi from agreement.

The spokesman claimed the deal was ultimately “academic” because Megrahi had been released on compassionate grounds: “The negotiations on the [transfer agreement] were part of wider negotiations aimed at the normalisation of relations with Libya, which included a range of areas, including trade.

“The exclusion or inclusion of Megrahi would not serve any practical purpose because the Scottish executive always had a veto on whether to transfer him.”

A spokesman for Lord Mandelson said he had not changed his position that the release of Megrahi was not linked to trade deals.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Screw Great Britain.

They lied to us. They sold their soul to the devil. At our expense. This Megrahi mutt should have been prosecuted in the US. So many of the victims were US citizens. Look at the list. Look how many kids. So many of the victims were from right here; New Jersey.

They gave up a mass murderer for oil. They made a deal with one of the largest sponsors of terrorism on the planet. They said screw the US. I say screw Great Britain. Their sorry asses would be speaking German today if it wasn't for us.

Personally, I think its a grave miscarriage of justice and a direct insult to the memories of all who died on that flight and on the ground. Having said that, everyone might want to ask where the outrage and condemnation of Saudi Arabia was after 9-11. I believe 17 or 18 of the attackers were Saudis. Maybe a total boycott on all Saudi exports to the US is called for? Maybe also a boycott of all things from Canada. After all, Mohammed Al Khadr is a Canadian. Don't worry, all that hot air and the trillion $$ deficits will keep you warm.

Banned

This is just as bad as releasing known terrorist from Guantánamo Bay. It's a slap in the face to any and all that have died at the hands of these scumbags.

Forum Member

Hey England next time you're up sh*t creek don't ask us for help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by eng451 View Post
    Hey England next time you're up sh*t creek don't ask us for help.
    Pretty sure they wont.

Forum Member

Just think, if we had just arranged their visit to Allah, this thread would be moot...(plus, they'd be with their 72 Virginians)

Back In Black

This whole thing smells.

I read that this dirtbag will be prominently displayed during a 40 year celebration of when Gadaffi became "president".

Disgusting
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't like this either.

You can't tell me him and the oil rights are not related at all. I call BS!!

This sounds like England selling out to me.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Fcuk you too!!!!! (To bring this down to the level it's at)

What the Fcuk has this got to do with the English????? Fcuk me half of you can't even get the whole England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland UK thing right.

This is all about Scotland and all about a Fcuking Scottish Prime Minister who WE never elected at the head of a Government that has corrupted and sold out the Country. George, you surprise me, I always had you down as a rational educated man!!!!

Every Fcuking one of us is livid that this sh1t has been released, I have not heard a single voice in favour of this.... You people, so fcuking small minded. A handful of bent politicians make a corrupt decision and the whole country gets hammered.

For the record, I think the POS should have rotted in Jail.... But you know what, where was all the anger from your side of the Pond when the IRA Terrorists were being released!!!!! All that money collected in Bars in the US to Buy bombs aimed to kill people like me... and my Brothers called Murphy, Carroll, Mahoney etc who wear Police and Fire Uniforms.

And as for WW2!!!!! LOL..... LOL I must get myself a copy of one of those US only History Books about The war. You know, the ones they use to make all the Hollywood Blockbusters.

Of course, my old Man, my Grandfather and all just sat there quaking in their boots waiting for Uncle Sam to come and recue them!!!! You insult the Memory of the many Brave British Men and Boys that unlike the rest of Eurpoe did not capitulate when the Nazi's came calling and fought almost (and no doubt would have continued to) until the last able man had fallen.

Honestly.... if Pearl Harbour hadn't happened I'm sure we'd have been left to do just what the title of this thread suggests.

Seriously.... ask yourself a question, If the Government had put the question of al-Megrahi's release to a vote of the BRITISH public, what do you think the answer would have been???
    Last edited by SteveDude; 09-08-2009 at 02:59 AM.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDude View Post
    Fcuk you too!!!!! (To bring this down to the level it's at)

What the Fcuk has this got to do with the English????? Fcuk me half of you can't even get the whole England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland UK thing right.

This is all about Scotland and all about a Fcuking Scottish Prime Minister who WE never elected at the head of a Government that has corrupted and sold out the Country. George, you surprise me, I always had you down as a rational educated man!!!!

Every Fcuking one of us is livid that this sh1t has been released, I have not heard a single voice in favour of this.... You people, so fcuking small minded. A handful of bent politicians make a corrupt decision and the whole country gets hammered.

For the record, I think the POS should have rotted in Jail.... But you know what, where was all the anger from your side of the Pond when the IRA Terrorists were being released!!!!! All that money collected in Bars in the US to Buy bombs aimed to kill people like me... and my Brothers called Murphy, Carroll, Mahoney etc who wear Police and Fire Uniforms.

And as for WW2!!!!! LOL..... LOL I must get myself a copy of one of those US only History Books about The war. You know, the ones they use to make all the Hollywood Blockbusters.

Of course, my old Man, my Grandfather and all just sat there quaking in their boots waiting for Uncle Sam to come and recue them!!!! You insult the Memory of the many Brave British Men and Boys that unlike the rest of Eurpoe did not capitulate when the Nazi's came calling and fought almost (and no doubt would have continued to) until the last able man had fallen.

Honestly.... if Pearl Harbour hadn't happened I'm sure we'd have been left to do just what the title of this thread suggests.

Seriously.... ask yourself a question, If the Government had put the question of al-Megrahi's release to a vote of the BRITISH public, what do you think the answer would have been???
    Very well put Steve. My uncle and his best friend still rest in France. It always makes me laugh when a few jugheads come on here talking about how "We won the war, WW1 or WW2" If they would actually study history, the last war the US won unilaterally was the civil war.
    Where was all the pious outrage over 9-11 and the people behind that. Maybe they need to look at the identities of the majority of the hijackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Bryan,
    Thank you... I also apologise for my inital rant. But just read the whole thread again and the usual bullsh1t that gets rolled out everytime someone from the UK is 'perceived' to have done something wrong.

No mention of how we were the first to jump right up alongside the US nine year ago this week, no mention of our Armed forces being blown to bits day in day out in Afghanistan.

This was a dirty undercover deal by a handful of politicians.... desperate people in a desperate failing Government who will thankfully be turfed out on theri ears to be replaced by the largely ENGLISH Conserevatives next year.

But now the whole Country gets tarred. Now this may only be a single thread on a singel forum, but I bet it isn't far short of general thinking across the US?

Jesus, just waiting for the insults about Teeth to start!!!!! (again another view that is now 70 years out of date).... Sure, my Grandparents had false teeth because cosmetic dental care was unheard of for the working classes back then, but I can assure you my 80 year old Mother, my in laws, my Wife and kids and most people I know all have strong healthy white teeth. But the same as anywhere, I am sure I could take a ride into a ghetto and find some Bum on the street who has a mouth that looks like a row of Derelict buildings... Hey, I know, lets stereotype a whole nation based on that!!!!

FFS!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey, I forgot.... it rains here 365 days per year and it's always foggy...

And just look, the place is full of old stone castles and tudor beamed buildings.... and the Teeth... Jesus, have a look at the teeth on that woman sitting down in the fog and rain, they are black.

... and if anything catches fire the Fireman stand outside and pour water in through the windows don't ya know.... They never heard of BA or offensive Firefighting, they are way too cowardly for that.

... Don't forget the beer, it's always warm, they never heard of cold lager and all they eat is boiled cabbage and Powedered eggs, they still have rationing you know.

Shakes his head at it all!!!!
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

MembersZone Subscriber

I am a rational, educated man.

Can you read me the first paragraph of the article I quoted?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am a rational, educated man.

Can you read me the first paragraph of the article I quoted?
    The British government decided it was “in the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdom” to make Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber, eligible for return to Libya, leaked ministerial letters reveal.

Well Jeez Steve it did appear in the Times, and we all know that media is never wrong, never publishes information that could be distorted in any way. Goes to prove there are more horses asses out there than there are horses. I've had several discussions here on the statement that "We americans won the war" or "if it wasn't for us, you'd be eating sauerkraut" History seems to be as well taught there as it was in the old Soviet Union.

Back In Black

Hey Steve, nice rant!

Can you link us some articles that refutes the article George posted??

The Rant is nice and all, but what about the claims.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Hey Steve, nice rant!

Can you link us some articles that refutes the article George posted??

The Rant is nice and all, but what about the claims.
    Its a valid point Ken, but also could someone post reliable articles that prove Ameica won WW1 and WW2. The world champion poster who is never wrong has made this assertion several times. I will happily post his statements at anyones request.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Its a valid point Ken, but also could someone post reliable articles that prove Ameica won WW1 and WW2. The world champion poster who is never wrong has made this assertion several times. I will happily post his statements at anyones request.
    It's really a non-sequitar. It has nothing to do with this issue?

I am not sure who you are referring to (prob Hottrotter/Scarescrew), but why would anyone take him seriously???

As far as "winning" world war 2. It was an allied effort. However, is there really any doubt that without America entering the war the outcome would have been the same???

I don't just mean troops, I mean the manufacturing and logistic support of the US.

I don't know why that would be a slam on any of the allies?

MembersZone Subscriber

Screw Great Britain.

George, I Have no issue with what the article says in it's first paragraph. Moreover, I take issue with your first couple of paragraphs. What part of your post above relates to the Scottish Government and and members of the wider UK Government that have made this ugly deal.

In short, your first couple of paragraphs are all about 'They' (The Britsh as a whole going by the thread title).

There are some ugly deals carried out by politicians from all Countries including the US and from what I read most of you are not to pleased with the current incumbent of the White House... Does that make everyone culpable?

It's they way you cut straight to the 'screw them all' point of view without considering the likely opinion of the UK population over this. We are seeing our troops killed out in the Middle East as well, we have had our Capital City Bombed several times on one day and other thankfully thwarted attempts. What do you really think the Guy on the street thinks of this deal and his opinion of the Libyans???

On a positive note.... We are now pursuing them for damages to the victims of Irish Republican Terrorists for the Semtex that they supplied to them during the 80's. Now let's not even get into where the money for that came from..... And that is said as a Third generation Irish immigrant on my Mothers Side.

I guess if your ancestors turned right out of Ireland and made for the US that is all good, but if they happened to turn left for the short journey to the UK as did most of the ancestors of well over half of the people I consider friends, colleagues and loved ones, the we can all go screw ourselves on that count as well?

For the record, although you have a larger number of Irish in the US 36.5m (12%) those of us in the UK with Irish Ancestory are a much larger percentage of the population (24%) that's 14 Million of us... 6 Million of us (10%) only have to go back to our Grandparents. We have the highest Number of Irish Born people in the World 670,000 (1.4%).

All of that is a caveat that qualifies me quite adequately to comment on the activites of the IRA objectively....

Chief KN,
    I didn't dispute the article at all... I daresay most of it is true. My objection is the barrage of Anti British Bile that spewed forth as a result from members of this forum and how short some memories are?

I reiterate How the hell can this deal done by one of the most unpopular Goverment's in modern British History have any bearing on the UK population as a whole?
    Last edited by SteveDude; 09-08-2009 at 12:45 PM.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    This whole thing smells.

I read that this dirtbag will be prominently displayed during a 40 year celebration of when Gadaffi became "president".

Disgusting
    There is a solution to that problem - cruise missles can do wonders........

For the record - the US has been just as bad when it comes to corrupted politicians

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDude View Post
    Chief KN,
    I didn't dispute the article at all... I daresay most of it is true. My objection is the barrage of Anti British Bile that spewed forth as a result from members of this forum and how short some memories are?

I reiterate How the hell can this deal done by one of the most unpopular Goverment's in modern British History have any bearing on the UK population as a whole?
    I believe that most of the posters, myself included, were referring to the British government and those that made the deal. Not the British people.

We love the Brits! Even though you don't speak American very well.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information