Forum Member

Default Husqvarna K750 w/ Oilguard

I know the traditional vent saw for the fire service has always been the K-12 but we decided to try something different so....we bought a husqvarna k750 w/ oilguard and yes i know the k-12 saws have a husqvarna motor in them but for $400+ cheaper for the SAME saw you almost cant go wrong and we got ours today so we are gonna train with it this weekend i will post more details when i get them
    here are the specs....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine Power output 5 hp
    Cylinder displacement 4.5 cu.inch
    Cutting equipment
    Blade diameter 12/14 "
    Max cutting depth 4/5 "
    Dimensions
    Weight (excl. cutting equipment) 20.72/21.38 lbs
    Vibration
    Vibrations front handle 3.2/3 m/sē
    Vibrations rear handle 4.6/5 m/sē
    Sound and noise
    Sound level 97 dB(A)
    Sound power level, LWA 113 dB(A)

MembersZone Subscriber

Love the Partner's... can't go wrong

Just got a Stihl at work...biggest POS I've ever used.
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Forum Member

I think you are going to find that the 750 is too small. When we were looking at saws, we had a 750 and a K950A. The 950A was ten times better hands down, but not as big and bulky as the 1200. And when you put a warthog blade on the 950, it will damn near eat through anything you throw at it.

And for once, JT is right. The Stihl TS series cut off saws SUCK for the fire service. Too damn big and bulky. May be good saws for concrete contractors, but carry one up a 35' ground ladder at 3am......NO THANKS! They do make particularly good boat anchors.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Yeah i agree on the Stihl's we had one and used it quite often i hated it then we bought a used K-12 and it wasnt bad then the motor s*it the bed in it so we shopped around for awhile and my truck guys seem to like this saw alot so we decided on buying were gonna try it this weekend if we dont like it the dealer ensured us we could return it for different model or just get our money back...however i myself liked the k950 it seemed to have more balls which they call me the "tool man" because i like "more power"

Forum Member
    A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

ill keep my k-12's
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CVFD9LT View Post
    Yeah i agree on the Stihl's we had one and used it quite often i hated it then we bought a used K-12 and it wasnt bad then the motor s*it the bed in it so we shopped around for awhile and my truck guys seem to like this saw alot so we decided on buying were gonna try it this weekend if we dont like it the dealer ensured us we could return it for different model or just get our money back...however i myself liked the k950 it seemed to have more balls which they call me the "tool man" because i like "more power"
    Do yourself a favor now, before you try to cut a thick industrial roof with that 750- return it to the dealer and pay a couple of extra bucks and get that 950!!!!!

In order for a circ saw (and chainsaws for that matter) to work efficiently and properly, they have to run at or close to top speed. The 750 will slow down way too much when you take a bite out of some roofs.

Forum Member

Yeah i think i will do that tomorrow we dont have the saw on the truck yet so i'll call him in the morning and swap them out

Forum Member

Pick up a Warthog blade too while you are at it.

Forum Member

Already have one alone with the 24tooth chopper blade

Forum Member

The local husqvarna dealer switched them straight up at no cost to the department (which the saw was donated to begin with anyways hehe)

Thread Information