Thread: AF Reserve FF

MembersZone Subscriber

Question AF Reserve FF

I'm an active duty AF Medic and will be getting out in the next eight months. I can start talking to the Reserve recuiter in Oct and am thinking about trying to ba FF in the Reserves. I'm a Volunteer in FL and am certified as a FF2 and NRENT-B. I've heard that if you've been previously certified you have a better chance of getting an open slot. Any truth to this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by merchan5967 View Post
    I'm an active duty AF Medic and will be getting out in the next eight months. I can start talking to the Reserve recuiter in Oct and am thinking about trying to ba FF in the Reserves. I'm a Volunteer in FL and am certified as a FF2 and NRENT-B. I've heard that if you've been previously certified you have a better chance of getting an open slot. Any truth to this?
    no disrespect to you but where the heck do people hear this from? i dont think the recruiters are spreading this, are they? numbers are numbers. having been previously certified doesn't mean squat when recruiters are trying to fill slots with recruits. now, don't let this discourage you from trying. by all means, do what you can to get a FF spot. you're just not the first person asking that exact same question. i dunno, somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ShredddinCali View Post
    no disrespect to you but where the heck do people hear this from? i dont think the recruiters are spreading this, are they? numbers are numbers. having been previously certified doesn't mean squat when recruiters are trying to fill slots with recruits. now, don't let this discourage you from trying. by all means, do what you can to get a FF spot. you're just not the first person asking that exact same question. i dunno, somebody correct me if i'm wrong.
    I had my doubts too. Thanks for clarifying.

Forum Member

Talking

Check with the Reserve out of Duke Field or maybe it is Hurlbert/Eglin...that is if you are wanting to stay in Florida.

Thread Information