Forum Member

Default Tatra Force Chassis

I tried to find out information about the Tatra Force chassis that S&S used in their Ultra XT tactical tenders. Anyone know about the Tatra Force? Did S&S mfg it or did they buy it from someplace?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFSKPII View Post
    I tried to find out information about the Tatra Force chassis that S&S used in their Ultra XT tactical tenders. Anyone know about the Tatra Force? Did S&S mfg it or did they buy it from someplace?
    Tatra trucks were originally from Czechoslovakia. The company now appears to be based in India. They have a web site, www.tatratrucksusa.com. I haven't seen too much about them in the trucking trade press, but what little I have seen is pretty much positive. They have a reputation in Europe for being very tough. What their USA support is like I couldn't say.

MembersZone Subscriber

Has been the winner several times in the Paris to Dakar run across the dessert.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Tatra trucks were originally from Czechoslovakia. The company now appears to be based in India. They have a web site, www.tatratrucksusa.com. I haven't seen too much about them in the trucking trade press, but what little I have seen is pretty much positive. They have a reputation in Europe for being very tough. What their USA support is like I couldn't say.
    TATA automotive is an Indian Corp. TATRA is Cz.

TATRA has long had a hell of a reputation for durability in military service. There are some military surplus trucks in the US. Any low density vehicle is going "issues" with parts availability.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    They are still a Czech based company but went into a joint venture with the British group Vectra to renew the fleet of India's military and have set up manufacturing in India.

http://www.tatra.cz/en/spodek_en.asp

http://www.tatraindia.com/

Don
    Last edited by don120; 09-06-2009 at 09:22 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default TATRA Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by FFSKPII View Post
    S&S before their demise bought the chassis from the US Importer and I like what I've seen but they aren't "cheap"..

SVI Trucks is now building 1 for Maui County Hawaii because of the demise of S&S and I believe are getting an order for a 2nd one soon.

Thread Information