Forum Member

Default What I have Brought to My Department

In this, my seventh year in my department, being in my mid 50s and all that, I have brought a talent for doing research on a wide variety of subjects, including transportation related (such as railroads, bus lines, etc.) and grant eligible items the department needs. It's part of my way of showing that there IS more to the fire service than just the front line people and their rigs and tools. There is also the group of people who do the administrative work, do research projects as I am called upon to do from time to time by my department's Secretary to whom I am her assistant. Besides all that, I have contributed a degree of reliability when it comes to attending meetings, that some of our active guys do not bother with. In over six years in my department, I have only missed two meetings and been late for one. It is a degree of reliability I take great pride in. They can count in me to be there when needed. And the best is yet to come.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

OK, you're hired....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

I know I can count on you to come up with a different username every few months!

Congrats on your good attendance. Your right, there is more to the fire department than firefighters.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Default User Name-Snafu Overcome

You may have a point, but I think I will stick with what I have now that I have the snafu that forced the last change (password, etc.) all sorted out-for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    I know I can count on you to come up with a different username every few months!

Congrats on your good attendance. Your right, there is more to the fire department than firefighters.

Thread Information