Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by csBlaZe97 View Post

Will guys get angry if I work with EMS and take the OPEN EXAMINATION?
    Nope. But if you take the EMS promotional and score a 78% and get in ahead of a guy who scored a 99%, yeah, guys will see you as inferior.....because you are.

MembersZone Subscriber

csblaze...don't take this as being critical, just as constructive criticism. First, get some thick skin or it's going to be a rough ride. Second, listen to the guys on the job. No their answers and advice may not be exactly what you wanted to hear, but they're being straightforward and honest and it's ultimately for your benefit so you need to listen to it an accept it and choose your responses carefully so that you don't unintentionally come across as talking back or having a bad attitude. The last thing you need is to get off on the wrong foot with them before you even take the exam. Again, just trying to pass along some friendly tips and advice. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

I saw that NY gives extra points in five different areas. Veteran, disabled veteran, parent who was a firefighter and was killed in the line of duty, sibling who was a firefighter and was killed in the line of duty, and residency.

My questions are how much points are given for each catagory? And do you have to live within NYC city limits, or surrounding counties for residency?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffhh74 View Post
    I saw that NY gives extra points in five different areas. Veteran, disabled veteran, parent who was a firefighter and was killed in the line of duty, sibling who was a firefighter and was killed in the line of duty, and residency.

My questions are how much points are given for each catagory? And do you have to live within NYC city limits, or surrounding counties for residency?
    I think it is 5, 5, 10, 10, 5 respectively. I THINK. And yes, you have to live within one of the 5 boroughs for the required time to get the residency points...

Forum Member

Blaze I can tell you one thing: whatever you decide to do you had best learn to be quiet about it. Most of the senior guys frown on EMS promos. That's just the way it is. This IS NOT the job where you start work and expect changes to be made according to your logic. If you really wanna go that route, and mind you I personally don't think it's the way to go, do as you will but you need to keep your mouth shut about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I think it is 5, 5, 10, 10, 5 respectively. I THINK. And yes, you have to live within one of the 5 boroughs for the required time to get the residency points...
    Thanks roadrunner09

Thread Information