Thread: 1199a question

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 1199a question

I am working with another department on their 2009 application. They applied for an application in 2008 and received a Dear john in the first round of letters, and their application never even went to peer review. Now they have been asked to update their 1199a form with a reference # of their 2008 grant request. I am confused on this one. Not only did the 2008 request not go to peer review, but half of the requested funding was for a program that is not even eligible. They are now asking me what the deal is. HELP!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by celsokid View Post
    I am working with another department on their 2009 application. They applied for an application in 2008 and received a Dear john in the first round of letters, and their application never even went to peer review. Now they have been asked to update their 1199a form with a reference # of their 2008 grant request. I am confused on this one. Not only did the 2008 request not go to peer review, but half of the requested funding was for a program that is not even eligible. They are now asking me what the deal is. HELP!
    There were issues for the 2008 AFG where some departments recieved CDJ's when in fact they should not have. The AFG has corrected this by sending those in dispute to PR during the first week of PR for 2009. The reference is an indicator of a potential award. Have them update the 1199A. The next step will be the 10 q's which is probably where they will see a reduction in the award for the ineligible part.

MembersZone Subscriber

They just called me and in fact have received their 10 q's. Very strange. They requested modules and equipment for web based training and also stated that they don't protect any critical infrastructure, yet it appears they will be awarded. The more I think I am educated about this program, the more I am confused

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking JUST GOT ONE, let the clicking begin AGAIN!

A customer just received an 1199 update for a 08 AFG, we were initially denied at computer, questioned the denial and ended up being one of those being "re-reviewed". 18 year old SCBA go away!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Good deal Mike, nice to see you up in Dallas the other week.

Sweet, now I can goof off while I check some logins.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by celsokid View Post
    They requested modules and equipment for web based training and also stated that they don't protect any critical infrastructure, yet it appears they will be awarded.
    Web-based training is eligible, it is just a low priority. Protecting critical infrastructure is not a requirement for an award. Seen plenty without it get funded. Many times, people don't even realize what critical infrastructure is even in their first due and don't select it.

DHS also keeps a list of some infrastructure and they will make the determination for you

Forum Member

We got an email asking us to update our 1199A yesterday.

Apparently for the mobile air compressor trailer that Brian helped us write for in 2008.

We are moderately excited at this point. If the award number shows up online or we get the 10q's, we will exhibit more glee.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Odd one there Don to get the email but no reference online. Wonder how many more went out like that.

Thread Information