Default Jr FF or Explorer programs in the Toledo area

Does anyone know of any programs available in the Toledo area? Im 16 and was just looking into it. I was also thinking of maybe taking some classes at Owens (basic FF, emt, acls) not only to see about a volunteer posistion once 18 but also just because it would look good on my college resume with those credit hours. Any suggestions on classes? I would really like to get involved in one of our local houses though. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by curious1993 View Post
    Does anyone know of any programs available in the Toledo area? Im 16 and was just looking into it. I was also thinking of maybe taking some classes at Owens (basic FF, emt, acls) not only to see about a volunteer posistion once 18 but also just because it would look good on my college resume with those credit hours. Any suggestions on classes? I would really like to get involved in one of our local houses though. Thanks
    ACLS????

Haha take it easy there bud. You've got a LOOOONG way to go before worrying about ACLS.

Rossford has a great explorer program. I spent 5 years as a member and now help teach classes and doing other tasks.

Email me for more info:

backsteprescue@yahoo.com
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

ACLS????

Haha take it easy there bud. You've got a LOOOONG way to go before worrying about ACLS.

Rossford has a great explorer program. I spent 5 years as a member and now help teach classes and doing other tasks. We have had kids from all over the area, Rossford, Perrysburg, Toledo, Sylvania, Genoa, etc.

IIRC, over 50 former explorers are both full time and volunteers across the country from departments as big as FDNY to smaller departments out in the middle of rural Ohio.

Email me for more info:

[email]backsteprescue@yahoo.com
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

yea haha well my mom is a doc so she teaches the course for it. haha which would help a little bit

i actually visited maummee, perrysburg and rossford fire houses today, found out about rossford and maummee's programs and perrysburg referred me to rossford. so far it looks like rossford has the more appealing program overall. our family is close friends with chief over in toledo (mike or mark willover? idk how to spell his name) so i was gonna call him and just see what their program was like.

Forum Member

+1 more for Rossford... Was on for 4 years - spent a year and a half as an officer. Rossford has the most active Post offering ride-alongs with Rossford Fire and Northwood Fire.
    I'm not longer active due to college, working 2 part-time jobs, and I'm currently in EMT-B class which is proving to be more time consuming than I orginally thought. I have my 36-hour fire card and I have my application in with a local FD.

You may also email me for more info -
    ksimok@hellsgatehaunt.com
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    +1 more for Rossford... Was on for 4 years - spent a year and a half as an officer. Rossford has the most active Post offering ride-alongs with Rossford Fire and Northwood Fire.
    I'm not longer active due to college, working 2 part-time jobs, and I'm currently in EMT-B class which is proving to be more time consuming than I orginally thought. I have my 36-hour fire card and I have my application in with a local FD.

You may also email me for more info -
    ksimok@hellsgatehaunt.com
    College and two jobs? Try college and 4 jobs. Sissy.

And the poster wondering about the post has already been to a meeting!

Forum Member

Just keep your credit and driving record clear that is all the prep you need for a FT job. Oh and don't do drugs

Thread Information