Forum Member

Default CPAT In Minnesota

Does anyone know where you could take the CPAT in Minnesota? I have been doing some searching, but the closest testing I have found has been IL. Are there any testing spots in Minnesota? More specifically the Twin Cities. Thanks Guys.

Rick

MembersZone Subscriber

Lake superior college in Duluth offered the CPAT last year when Duluth and Superior were testing. I'm not sure if it will happen again. Also check out the IAFF's site http://www.iaff.org/HS/Well/statelist.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cpat

I contacted superior. They are no longer going to do it because it costs them so much money. Closest places that offer it are West Allis WI, by milwaulkee and NIPSTA in Glenview IL. I just did it at NIPSTA, not a bad place. Plan on a few hours though.

Forum Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

Rick

Forum Member

Check out Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire. http://www.cvtc.edu/pages/1082.asp
    It's the closest I've found to the Twin Cities. The "class" they offer consists of 4 practice type class sessions where you can go get a hands-on feel for the test and do some timed run-throughs. The 5th class session (December 5th @ 10:00a.m.) is when they'll actually hold the test and record your results. You can chose to attend all, some, or none of the classes (practice sessions) leading up to the test on December 5th. Contact Marcy Bruflat...she's the go-to person to get registered and answer your questions. And don't quote me on all of this, I don't have my info in front of me right now, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the ballpark with the dates/times. Hope it helps.

Thread Information