Forum Member

Default Madden Curse....

If your a Steeler fan as I am, and you love EA Sports Madden football, then you have "Madden NFL 10".

The problem is, players that have been on the cover of the game, have been cursed with injuries, or lack luster results from the previous season.

And wouldn't you know it, the first game of the regular season, and Troy Polamalu is hurt in the second qtr. He is expected to be out 3-6 weeks.

I'm not superstitious, but the games and results don't lie. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...-polamalu.html

If the Steelers should happen to win the Super Bowl again, I hope they use the water boy for the cover.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Steeler nation is 3 generations deep here. Born and raised in the Keystone state, luv the Steelers and hate the Eagles.

I don't play much video games, but I talked to the kids about the "curse". They are not superstitious but know of the "curse" and have briefed me. It is unfortunate Troy got hurt, but it could have been worse.

I am confident the Steelers will win again this year. The loss last week to the Bears was their own fault, they have nobody to blame but themselves. They gave the game to Chicago. With the "curse", you would think Jeff Reed is on the cover.

Now, to focus on beating Baltimore and winning the division.

Forum Member

The Steelers are the best 1st through 3rd quarter team in the league. Oh and maybe the worst 4th quarter team. Allowed Detroit to keep it interesting. Can't wait for Troy to get back.
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member

I totally agree. The offense needs to put more points on the board and get the ground attack going. The defense needs to keep the other team from putting points on the board.

There are 60 minutes in a football game. They need to play all of them with the same intensity that they start the game with.

Even though there are 11 guys on a team, it is obvious Troy's absence makes a difference.

Forum Member

Have to agree with both of you guys. The game is 60 minutes, how about playing for 60 minutes, with some intensity.

You wouldn't think with Troy out, the defense would be so soft. After watching the last 2-3 games, the blitzes are not there. You can see the impact of how the defense isn't getting it done, without him.

Hurry back Troy, we need you.

FM1

"Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

Troy is back, and makes an immediate impact on the game with an interception. The defense is back, as it should be.

As well, the offense is now comfortable and not pressured into stupid mistakes, or lack-luster results.

Steelers - 27

Vikings - 10

Forum Member

I agree with ya FIREMECH1. I'm still a bit concerened with the turnovers though. 500 yards offense should translate to more than the 27 points against the Browns.

I want the Vikings to go down. I have respect for Favre and Allen but I'm sick of hearing how good they are supposed to be. I guess we'll find out who's good this weekend.
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member

It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. Thanks "D".

Forum Member

That's what I get for complaining about the points vs yardage. Steelers offense bogs down and we need 2 touchdowns from the defense. Kirshke and Timmons injured and status uncertain for Denver game. Clark may not play either since Denver altitude almost killed him last time.

Mendenhall has got to start hanging onto the ball or he won't be in the NFL long.
    I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

The next Madden game should have the KC Chiefs on the cover. What's the worst that could happen??

Forum Member

Madden NFL 11 sales....695, the total number of Die Hard KC fans. Also the winner of the 2011 Super Bowl.

That would be the WORSE that could happen.

FM1

Forum Member

Thumbs up

The Steelers played a GREAT 2nd half Monday night against the Broncos. If it wasn't for Ben's INT at the goal line, it would have been 35-10.

The offense is clicking and the defense is smothering, hopefully they can keep it together. This weekend against Cincy is a big game.

kprsn1 - I agree, Mendenhall has got to protect that ball better, all the time. He is a good running back, but fumbles will overshadow his running abilities.

TROY is back!!

Forum Member

And just like that, he is gone. WTF !!!!

And what was up with the O-Line??? Can't they see the blitz is coming???

This was worse than the first game, and this was at home.

I'll be taking the 3 hour trip to KC for this weekends game. Question is, do I wear my Black and Gold, after last week???

FM1

Forum Member

The curse is getting worse. We may need a voodoo doctor to break this spell. Even if we can't break the spell, at least the voodoo doctor can shrink the heads of "special teams". Two weeks in a row where special teams (the lack thereof) has been the deciding point of the game.

Forum Member

No matter how you look at it, it comes down to one player being on the field. Or not being on the field.

All of the Steelers losses has been with Troy out of the game.

Dixon did a very good job tonight against the Baltimore Ravens. As for his first NFL start, he did pretty good.

But the curse remains. Without Troy on defense, and doing what he does, the Steelers can't win.

FM1

Forum Member

Agreed, Troy's absence is a difference.

Yes, Dixon did OK. But it seemed like he lost his pass timing as the game went on. He is not to blame for the loss, the TEAM lost.

Considering the circumstances and the key injuries, they did not embarrass themselves against the Ravens (even though it sucks to lose to them). I think the loss to KC was more embarrassing.

Hopefully the Steelers can win the rest of the games and end the season on a positive note.

Forum Member

You just had to bring up the KC game didn't you

Agreed with the Ravens loss being a TEAM loss. They acted like they were there for the show, and not the win.

FM1

Forum Member

We support the bravest so come fish with the bravest www.bigmikesforum.com pier fishing at its best. Be safe all

Thread Information