Worldwide Menace

Default Federal Position notification

I applied for a GS-6 position back in June. The last notification I received was notification that they got my resume and application. My question is will I receive notification that I've been forwarded to the Chief for hiring consideration or that I didn't make the list?

Thank you!

-Damien

Forum Member

if it is an air force job then maybe yes, maybe no. i've had offers where the staffer kept me in the loop every step of the way, and copies of the notifications were on the applicationmanager.gov website. sometimes the staffer gets lazy and wont let you know anything.

if it is an AFMC (they have thier own staffers, they don't use the APFC staffers) there usually is a contact number on the job announcement. this is all assuming you are a external af canidate.

one final thing you can do, if you have access to a gov't computer system, you can log onto the afpc website and download the Fill RPA Status excel document, which will have all the civ jobs in the af and what the status is on each RPA (request for personnel action). the excel file is mainly used by hiring authority to determine the status of thier RPA... but it will tell you if a referral has been made, if the hiring authority has made a determination, etc. PM if you want some more info about that... hope that helps.

i haven't worked for the army before, but every job i applied for always had the status posted on the CPOL website.

Worldwide Menace

Lightbulb

NOTICE OF RESULTS

DFurtman

This is a record of your application for Federal Employment in the occupation shown below. This is not a job offer.

This notice provides information contained in your record as it appears in the files of the Servicing Office shown

above. Your qualification and any veteran preference claims are subject to verification.

Series - Position Title: 0081 - FIREFIGHTER - GS-06/09 - CONUS

Vacancy ID Number: 23XXXX

Announcement Number: AFPC2XXXX4GS-0081-06/09-CE

Date of Availability: 9/1/2009

Geographic Availability:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Veteran Preference: 5 Points - TP (not adjudicated)

You must meet all medical, suitability, and qualification requirements to be considered for a position.

Specialty Code: 001
    Specialty Title: FireFighter
    Grade: 06
    Rating: EL

Grade: 07
    Rating: EL

Grade: 08
    Rating: ID

Grade: 09
    Rating: ID

Rating Code Rating Message

ID You do not meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this specialty and grade.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.

For additional information, please refer to the vacancy announcement for this position.

Input Anyone? Just got this.. Does it mean that I am eligible for the 6 and 7 positions and ineligible for the 8 and 9 positions due to education/experience? That is how I am reading this... Rating code ID on the GS8 and GS9 positions (which denotes Ineligible) but the GS6 and GS7 have an EL Rating code... Thanks!

-Damien

Forum Member

It's been a while since I have seen one of those, but I think you are correct. Eligible for the 6 and 7 spots but not for the 8/9 (which are usually Lead FF, Captain or Bn Chief with a set minimum amount of time on.)
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information