Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miami Beach

Forum Member

I got the call last Monday morning. Turnrd in my packet on Friday. I am 10th on the list. Keeping my fingers crossed

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey bigwater, nice to see someone else in the process with me. Any news to what/when the next step is? I know the deadline to turn in the packet is 12/1 so im guessing some time after that

Forum Member

Yes, 12/1 is the deadline. The background investigators told me that I will be hearing from them after that. They said that they are definitely hiring 7 and pushing real hard for 10. As of now the eligibility list is good for a year but they are pushing for 2 years as they will be losing appx. 20-25 in the next 2 years. You might remember the Chief telling us that at the orientation but they reiterated that when i turned my packet in. I am going to be VERY close. It is nerve racking. Where do you stand and do you have any info for me that I may not have? Have you turned in your packet yet? What is your official ranking? They told me that alot of people were coming in with incomplete information! Anyway, good luck to you and hopefully we will be grinding it out at the Portofino Tower together real soon. =P

MembersZone Subscriber

That's awesome, you def have a better shot than me. My final rank is 31, i also turned in my packet on friday. There was another guy there that was 41, so theres like 40 some odd of us going through this process. Im not sure when/what the next step is but i've heard about the process from people who have been through. the medical is like a 2day event they draw blood, stress test's etc. the pysch is 4-8 hrs, and i haven't heard much about cvsa testing. not sure if its much different than regular polygraphs.

Yeah every single space that didn't apply to me I made sure i put N/A, it even said to do that in the instructions. I know of people who left stuff blank or didn't bring in copies of things so hopefully that benefits us.

Only time will tell, good luck to you too!

Forum Member

What was your alls orginal ranking, curious how many did not go to the Orientation and how far you all moved up.

Forum Member

Talking

the voice stress is different from the poly as it measures the stress level in your voice. you can find out more online. the psych is the MMP-I. it is a very long test, appx 800 questions, all questions very similiar in subject matter just worded differently. You shouldnt spend much time digging into the questions just go with your gut. You are not trying to "pass" this test, they are just looking for consistincy. Then a psychologist will interview you and go over any red flags from your written test. I have taken the psych and a polygraph for the current FD that I work for. You have a very good chance if they extend this list to 2 years bro. Also, if people arent following instructions, then I imagine that they won't last too long through this background investigation. When I turned in my packet the B.Is were very suprised that I had everything! That can only lean in our favor. They said that people didnt bring in their character ref. letters or their photos! I mean, come on! I really can't believe that I did so well. It feels good, doesn't it!? Anyway, good luck to you and any pertinent info that i come across I will send it your way. Miami Beach is a GREAT FD!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah the BIs were awesome and happy I had everything too. I know of ppl not bringing in references too. I was actually 30 at first then bumped up to 31. I'm really excited about it. I couldn't believe it when they called me in. I know of a guy who was #44 and got hired so I'm guessing I got a decent shot.

Miami beach is excellent fd. I had a few instructors in my fire academy that worked for the beach and they have never said anything bad about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey bigwater, have you heard anything new?

Forum Member

Has anyone heard any new updates?

Forum Member

they called me yesterday to schedule an appointment for finger prints next week. How about you guys, any news?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickwill View Post
    Has anyone heard any new updates?
    Hey Rick, what is your rank?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmonteav View Post
    Hey bigwater, have you heard anything new?
    check your PM bro.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah I got called for prints for next Friday

Forum Member

I know of a guy who was #44 and got hired so I'm guessing I got a decent shot.

hey dmonteav- do you know how many they hired when your buddy that ranked #44 got hired?

MembersZone Subscriber

Nah man I'm not sure.

Forum Member

hey Guys, I took my psych test back on the 14th. i am in the top 15. Has anyone heard anything yet? I figured it would be after Christmas but i was just trying to see if anyone has heard anything. Thanks and good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

they are still going through psych testing. my test is on jan 5th

Forum Member

yeah, funny, i JUST got an email basically saying to have patience and that they will be getting back to us. i was just getting a little nervous because i took my psych appx. 2 weeks ago. =)

MembersZone Subscriber

i hear you man, we are all nervous about it. i think there are 37 of us in this process, according to the email he sent out today

Forum Member

u havent taken your psych yet?? where are you ranked if you don't mind me asking?

Thread Information