Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami Beach

Forum Member

Default Miami Beach

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that Miami Beach Fire Rescue is hiring. Physical Ability dates are almost closed, ya better hurry. Heard that they are hiring 35. =)

MembersZone Subscriber

who did you hear 35 from? seems like alot for a department that size...

MembersZone Subscriber

you mean PAT dates at the broward academy right?

Forum Member

I thought that 35 sounded like alot too. It did come from a reliable source though, who knows... I do hope that they hire guys that have been or are going to be layed off first. Seems like the right thing to do. =)

Forum Member

I also heard in the 30's from an inside source. However read their proposed budget on their website and it states 3 or less on one page and 5 or less on another page. They are going to be hiring due to 3 retirees all positions will start Jan 2010.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone know what they mean by "Classification" on the app? It says Name, DOB, Date, Telephone number, Classification. Not sure as to what i should put.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmonteav View Post
    Anyone know what they mean by "Classification" on the app? It says Name, DOB, Date, Telephone number, Classification. Not sure as to what i should put.
    I was curious what to put there too. They said not to leave anything blank but WTF??

Forum Member

Just wondering if you guys have called headquarters for some clarification on what to put for classification, might be worth a quick call.

MembersZone Subscriber

its the weekend, so i think HR is closed :|

ill try tomorrow again

mikesica

Classification= Firefighter 1.
    I asked HR the question yesterday when I handed in my application.

Forum Member

mikesika78, When were you able to schedule your bap? or were you assigned a date. thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by drod17 View Post
    mikesika78, When were you able to schedule your bap? or were you assigned a date. thanks
    they tell you what day to go. its from 10/3-10/6

you get one of those days, and one time slot

mikesica

HR schedules the BAP for you. Saturday 10/3 - Tuesday 10/6. I heard on Tuesday they were still filling Sunday AM spots.

Does anyone know what kind of questions to expect from this test?

Forum Member

Well, who is scheduled for when? How long are the time slots for each individual BAP. I think this is the interview, they just call it Behavioral assessment phase. I think we could expect basic firehouse behavior interview questions. Any one care for some input? I am turning in my application on the 26th. Hopefully, I can test on Sat/Sun. so i will not have to miss work.....

mikesica

My test is scheduled for 940am on Saturday. According to the appointment sheet I received upon applying, there are 10 rooms(101-111) and a 20 minute difference between each sign in period.

So I figure there is a sign in/ID check assign your room 2 minutes, a 3 minute example of how the test works and there are 5 questions, 3 minutes each (video scenario & your answer) that brings the individual time to just under 20 minutes.

Has anybody found any good scenarios & answers to practice with?

Forum Member

They are hiring 6 or 7.
    And you can score great, but with the beach "who you know" works wonders. So out of those 7 spots, im gonna say 4 are already filled.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drod17 View Post
    Well, who is scheduled for when? How long are the time slots for each individual BAP. I think this is the interview, they just call it Behavioral assessment phase. I think we could expect basic firehouse behavior interview questions. Any one care for some input? I am turning in my application on the 26th. Hopefully, I can test on Sat/Sun. so i will not have to miss work.....
    This is NOT an interview. It is a specific test. It will be graded by a panel. You will watch a video screen with appx. 7 scenarios. When a scenario ends the screen will read "RESPOND". You will have to respond to that specific scenario as if you were there. How well you do on the BAP will determine where you rank on the eligibilty list.
    I had to take the BAP for my current department and I have also been on the panel that grades them. I believe that MBFD will only use the audio part to grade but many departments use the audio and video. They like to see your mannerisms.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think the handbook mentioned it would only be audio, so you wouldn't do any mannerisms

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dmonteav View Post
    I think the handbook mentioned it would only be audio, so you wouldn't do any mannerisms
    LOL, I didn't mean that you would "try" to do mannerisms, LOL. When they do evaluate video, there is a scoring system for certain mannerisms and if you are fidgety between scenarios you can lose points. MBFD will probably only use audio from the sound of it but you never know.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by gigafire View Post
    LOL, I didn't mean that you would "try" to do mannerisms, LOL. When they do evaluate video, there is a scoring system for certain mannerisms and if you are fidgety between scenarios you can lose points. MBFD will probably only use audio from the sound of it but you never know.
    No, i'm telling you for sure that it is only audio. It says so right on the application.

Thread Information