Default Hey, from Michigan

Hey everyone, my name is Riley. I'm 17 and currently proceeding my goal to become a firefighter. I've always been extremely interested in firefighting since I was young. I have a cousin (one of those long distance cousins that you don't really talk to) who is a firefighter for New York in the Bronx. Last year I was 16 and I began my process in becoming a firefighter. I started a class in South Carolina learning Firefighter 1. I recently moved back to Michigan and just begun school again which I am now enrolled in the Firefighting program, Firefighting 1 and 2. Although I'm a bit young and don't have to, I plan on taking the state exam at the end of this class with the older men who are taking it to get into the station so I don't have to do it later on. My long term goal is to go to the fire academy in New York and have a full time, career job somewhere in the Bronx (busy is best) by the time I'm 22.

Forum Member

Welcome to the forum Riley and good luck with your career goal. If you want to be busy in the Bronx, try E-82.

Forum Member

im from michigan as well im attending the school craft fire academy.

Thread Information