1. #26
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I knew we agreed on this point. That very plot was discovered this week.
    This keeps up, people will accuse us of having a bromance.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  2. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rural Iowa
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Agreed. That's a priority issue. I have to ask why the thought of spending resources on this program were even remotely considered prior to our equipment being properly prepared and configured for a war of choice.
    Thanks Mr Militarysupporter.

    1994 plans ... US Air Force

    Who was running the US military in 1994? What Party? Can't hear you. Who gutted the US military during his term in office? "Peace Dividend". Anyone remember?

  3. #28
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Thanks Mr Militarysupporter.

    1994 plans ... US Air Force

    Who was running the US military in 1994? What Party? Can't hear you. Who gutted the US military during his term in office? "Peace Dividend". Anyone remember?
    So it's Clinton's fault? And who was in charge of congress during those years?

    When I mentioned Bush deficit spending I'm always reminded by numbnuts conservatives that spending comes out of congress. So who was in charge of congress submitting spending bills that gutted the military? Even though that isn't really true either.

    Run along farmboy. Aren't there some ewes needing your attention?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  4. #29
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And we'll be stuck having to go in when another terrorist plot executed on American soil is prepared there.
    Of course if we weren't sticking our noses in everyone elses business then they wouldn't be upset with us. Bring ALL of our troops home and mind our own business. When you attack us we flatten you just like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

  5. #30
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And who was in charge of congress during those years?
    103rd United States Congress
    Duration: January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1995
    Senate Majority: Democratic Party
    House Majority: Democratic Party

    Hey lying libtarded slumlord, tell us why Barry lowered his "count" of the uninsured? In the past it was 47 million, in his propaganda speech the other night, he said it was 30. This is the 4th time you've been challenged, and still no answer.

    And show us where anyone in the Bush admin said that the Iraq War wouldn't cost any American tax dollars. This is the 6th time you've been asked.

    Can you show us all where I, or other members of this site, were critical of the CBO's forecasts under the Bush Administration? 4th time.

    This has been another rebuttal of the lying libtarded marxist slumlord brought to you by a simple southern boy from NC.



    Last edited by txgp17; 09-25-2009 at 10:28 AM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  6. #31
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    103rd United States Congress
    Duration: January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1995
    Senate Majority: Democratic Party
    House Majority: Democratic Party
    That is the same group that got us the il-advised NAFTA, Don't Ask, don' tell, and the Brady Bill. Oh yea they also created this Community Development Banking and Financial Institutions Act of 1994, which helped crash the housing market.

    They also gave us the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993

    * It created 36 percent and 39.6 income tax rates for individuals.
    * It created a 35 percent income tax rate for corporations.
    * The cap on Medicare taxes was repealed.
    * Transportation fuels taxes were raised by 4.3 cents per gallon.
    * The taxable portion of Social Security benefits was raised.
    * The phase-out of the personal exemption and limit on itemized deductions were permanently extended.
    * Part IV Section 14131: Expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit and added inflation adjustments

  7. #32
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    That is the same group that got us...
    And don't forget the now defunct "Assault Weapons Ban" which was my political wake-up call.

    I wasn't very political active until about 2002-03. Some friends at my station invited me to go shooting. I brought my pistols and rifles, but one guy had an AR-15. One magazine and I was hooked. Low and behold, I discovered that I couldn't purchase one because of this cockamamie 1994 law that was set to expire in 2004. The more I read the details of the law, the more I realized how screwed up our politicians can be, and how easily they can screw with your freedoms.
    Last edited by txgp17; 09-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  8. #33
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    103rd United States Congress
    Duration: January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1995
    Senate Majority: Democratic Party
    House Majority: Democratic Party
    So Clinton gutted in the military in only his first two years? You're not that bright are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Hey lying libtarded slumlord, tell us why Barry lowered his "count" of the uninsured? In the past it was 47 million, in his propaganda speech the other night, he said it was 30. This is the 4th time you've been challenged, and still no answer.
    Because I don't write his speeches. You'll have to ask him.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    And show us where anyone in the Bush admin said that the Iraq War wouldn't cost any American tax dollars. This is the 6th time you've been asked.
    He never stated it was going to cost anywhere close to its actual costs. Members of his administration stated oil revenues were going to offset the expense. That hasn't happened either.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    Can you show us all where I, or other members of this site, were critical of the CBO's forecasts under the Bush Administration? 4th time.
    Anyone on this Board (or anywhere else) who believed the Bush tax cuts would be beneficial were critical of the CBO. Something doesn't have to be directly stated in order to be accurate. Not that you would know.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat
    This has been another rebuttal of the lying libtarded marxist slumlord brought to you by a simple southern boy from NC.
    I own commercial property. Inspected by the local FD every year. You're correct about being a simpleton.

    So moonbat. I answered your questions.

    How about you answer mine.

    1. At what point in time is a President responsible for the actions and events that occur during his administration? When he takes office or a time frame later?

    2. Why do believe my wife's making more money than I is a negative?
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-25-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  9. #34
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So Clinton gutted in the military in only his first two years? You're not that bright are you?
    Nope, Clinton spent 8 years cutting the military by 40%

    He never stated it was going to cost anywhere close to its actual costs. Members of his administration stated oil revenues were going to offset the expense. That hasn't happened either.
    Please cite a source for this. That is a false talking point from the Huffers Post.

    Anyone on this Board (or anywhere else) who believed the Bush tax cuts would be beneficial were critical of the CBO. Something doesn't have to be directly stated in order to be accurate. Not that you would know.
    So let me get this straight. the government pumping in trillions of dollars it doesn't have to the the economy is good. But leaving the money there in the first place is bad. Tax increases are detrimental to the economy according to your logic. So decreases should be beneficial.

    1. At what point in time is a President responsible for the actions and events that occur during his administration? When he takes office or a time frame later?
    He is responsible for his actions immediately. The events will always take time. For instance Cash for clunkers caused a 1 month spike in car sales. Now we are right back where we were before the program, it did nothing but waste $3 billion of tax payer money.

    2. Why do believe my wife's making more money than I is a negative?
    Ones personal finances are immaterial. Who cares?

  10. #35
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So Clinton gutted in the military in only his first two years? You're not that bright are you?
    I didn't accuse anyone of gutting anything. You're trying to attribute neiowa's statement to me. FAIL. One of your 6,817 stupid statements drew attention to a plan that was drawn up in 1994. It specifically states it was created in 1994. Did you not read your own link? Then you go on a rant asking: "So who was in charge of congress?"

    I simply pointed out the answer to your question, something you seem incapable of doing. Yet you have the gall to accuse me of not being bright. Judging by your history with the cost of wars, and fiscal years, no one would expect much more from you. Look on the bright side, at least no one here was disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Because I don't write his speeches. You'll have to ask him.
    Or maybe like you, he invents facts as he needs them to justify his libtardedness.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The facts hurt.
    Something you're learning with every post I make.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    He never stated it was going to cost anywhere close to its actual costs.
    That isn't what you originally said, and not what I asked. You stated: :"...the issue was sold to Americans as not going to cost any taxpayer dollars."

    Saying it over and over won't make it true. You can either show us where a Bush Admin official said the war would not cost anything, or we can assume you're a liar.

    You wanna use one of your lifelines? Ask someone else, surely you're not the pinnacle of intelligence in libtardville.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Members of his administration stated oil revenues were going to offset the expense. That hasn't happened either.
    Who? When? Where?


    Paul Wolfowitz said that Iraq had such vast oil revenues that it COULD fund it's own RECONSTRUCTION IF it chose to.

    Note that he only mentions RECONSTRUCTION, not the entire military operation. Also note that he said Iraq COULD fund it with oil revenues, NOT that it would. He only mentioned their sovereign capabilities.

    What is said is one thing. What you heard is another. The difference between those two can be blamed on no one but you.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Anyone on this Board (or anywhere else) who believed the Bush tax cuts would be beneficial were critical of the CBO.
    Again you attempt to lump all conservatives in one pot without so much as a yoctogram of evidence to support your position. Would love to see it. The Search function should make it easy to find any of those posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Something doesn't have to be directly stated in order to be accurate. Not that you would know.
    So now you want to start accepting things you say without evidence to support that statement, while you continually call other posters out (like here & here) for not substantiating their statements. "Good for Yee but no for me." You sound like the Massachusetts legislature.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So moonbat. I answered your questions.

    How about you answer mine.

    1. At what point in time is a President responsible for the actions and events that occur during his administration? When he takes office or a time frame later?

    2. Why do believe my wife's making more money than I is a negative?
    I answered both of those questions already, and I've already told you that once. If you'd bother reading a little more, rather than spending all your time clicking the button, maybe you'd have read it by now.

    And since you're finally in the mood, try answering some more questions that have already been posed to you before:
    How much of your wife's money you wanna bet that Hussein's deficits make Bush's look like chump change?

    Is it OK to run deficits to pay for everything, or only the Jackass programs?

    You claim everyone is a liberal by today's standards. Reagan, TR, who's next? Lincoln? Ike?


    This has been another rebuttal of the lying libtarded marxist slumlord brought to you by a simple southern boy from NC.


    Last edited by txgp17; 09-26-2009 at 01:16 AM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  11. #36
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy View Post
    Nope, Clinton spent 8 years cutting the military by 40%
    Spending bills come out of congress. Don't you remember? Congress had GOP majorities six of those eight years.

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy View Post
    Please cite a source for this. That is a false talking point from the Huffers Post.
    Already done. You look it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy View Post
    So let me get this straight. the government pumping in trillions of dollars it doesn't have to the the economy is good. But leaving the money there in the first place is bad. Tax increases are detrimental to the economy according to your logic. So decreases should be beneficial.
    In the global economy you posit about on a regular basis, you will never have to worry about your village outsourcing its idiot position.

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy View Post
    He is responsible for his actions immediately. The events will always take time. For instance Cash for clunkers caused a 1 month spike in car sales. Now we are right back where we were before the program, it did nothing but waste $3 billion of tax payer money.
    The WSJ and the Fed disagree with you. See above remarks.

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboy View Post
    Ones personal finances are immaterial. Who cares?
    Moonbat.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #37
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    This keeps up, people will accuse us of having a bromance.
    Jerk! (That should do it).
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

  13. #38
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Jerk! (That should do it).
    Muchas gracias.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #39
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    I didn't accuse anyone gutted anything.
    My bad. I get you and idiotboy confused. I'm sure you understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    Note that he only mentions RECONSTRUCTION, not the entire military operation. Also note that he said Iraq COULD fund it with oil revenues, NOT that it would. He only mentioned their sovereign capabilities.
    And he was wrong about that as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    What is said is one thing. What you heard is another.
    So you approved of a war that is slated to cost well into the trillions of dollars? What benefit did we gain for the expending of those lives and resources?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    And since you're finally in the mood, try answering some more questions that have already been posed to you before:
    How much of your wife's money you wanna bet that Hussein's deficits make Bush's look like chump change?
    I've already explained the necessity of doing the Stimulus Bill in order to prevent the economic collapse that could have occurred had nothing been done.

    Your link says you already the question. I didn't read it. Then again I read very little of your moronic writings for any other than comic relief.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    Is it OK to run deficits to pay for everything, or only the Jackass programs?
    Which programs are jackass programs? The ones that don't benefit you?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    You claim everyone is a liberal by today's standards. Reagan, TR, who's next? Lincoln? Ike?
    Lincoln for freeing slaves (states rights). Ike for funding what even many conservatives of the time considered a pork barrel (Interstate Highway System). Thank you for asking.

    This has been another rebuttal of the lying libtarded marxist slumlord brought to you by a simple southern boy from NC.
    Yet I've managed to have a relative amount of success as a marxist libtard and a simple southern boy is angry at his own failed life. That much is obvious by your writing.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #40
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So you approved of a war that is slated to cost well into the trillions of dollars? What benefit did we gain for the expending of those lives and resources?
    And we spent Billions bombing the former Yugoslav Republic. What benefit did we gain?

  16. #41
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    My bad. I get you and idiotboy confused. I'm sure you understand.
    How is it that you can claim to confuse us, but there's never a mistake when you edit our usernames when quoting us? Oh, that's right, you make up things as you see fit to justify what ever position you want to support. And by the way, it was neiowa who made the statement, not I or ScareCrow57.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And he was wrong about that as well.
    How so? He said Iraq posses the resources that could be sold to pay for reconstruction. They take in more oil revenues in 18 months than we've spend on reconstruction so far. What else was used to originally construct the country? It's vast crop exports?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So you approved of a war that is slated to cost well into the trillions of dollars?
    You're trying to change the subject. Show us where a Bush Admin official said the war would not cost anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    What benefit did we gain for the expending of those lives and resources?
    Quit trying to change the subject and answer the questions. You made the statements, now back them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Members of his administration stated oil revenues were going to offset the expense. That hasn't happened either.
    Who? When? Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I've already explained the necessity of doing the Stimulus Bill in order to prevent the economic collapse that could have occurred had nothing been done.
    Oh, so you're justifying it with a hypothetical. Gee, we all know how much you love those arguments. Hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Your link says you already the question. I didn't read it. Then again I read very little of your moronic writings for any other than comic relief.
    Like YOU once said: The Search function should make it easy to find any of those posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Which programs are jackass programs? The ones that don't benefit you?
    No, the ones that waste taxpayer money, like Cash-4-Clunkers. It didn't create demand for cars, it only rescheduled it. And that program wasn't created to help the automakers, it was crafted to help the UAW.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Lincoln for freeing slaves (states rights).
    You're so full of yourself. Conservatives believe in equal opportunity, meaning everyone lines up on the same starting point. Libtards believe in equal results, meaning laws must be passed so that no one falls behind, no matter how lazy they are.

    "A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both." -Milton Friedman
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Ike for funding what even many conservatives of the time considered a pork barrel (Interstate Highway System).
    Keep dreaming. There's a difference between discretionary spending on infrastructure, and perpetual entitlement spending on social programs. No one would expect you know the difference based on your mathematical impediments, your inability to use calendars, or understand government budgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Yet I've managed to have a relative amount of success as a marxist libtard and a simple southern boy is angry at his own failed life. That much is obvious by your writing.
    Riding someone else's coat tails is nothing to brag about. You're a failure at lying. You try it over and over but it keeps coming back to bite you.

    And I've accomplished most things I've applied myself too, like debunking your liberal lies.
    Last edited by txgp17; 09-27-2009 at 02:25 AM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  17. #42
    Forum Member
    Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,688

    Default

    How is it that you can claim to confuse us, but there's never a mistake when you edit our usernames when quoting us?
    Ya, that is interesting.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  18. #43
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    How is it that you can claim to confuse us, but there's never a mistake when you edit our usernames when quoting us? Oh, that's right, you make up things as you see fit to justify what ever position you want to support.
    Because there's a bunch of moonbats like you and only one of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    And by the way, it was neiowa who made the statement, not I or ScareCrow57.
    Thank you for proving my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    How so? He said Iraq posses the resources that could be sold to pay for reconstruction. They take in more oil revenues in 18 months than we've spend on reconstruction so far. What else was used to originally construct the country? It's vast crop exports?You're trying to change the subject.
    I already did.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    [B]Show us where a Bush Admin official said the war would not cost anything.
    I already did.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    Quit trying to change the subject and answer the questions.
    As soon as you start answering mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    You made the statements, now back them up.Who? When? Where?
    Done

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    Oh, so you're justifying it with a hypothetical. Gee, we all know how much you love those arguments. Hypocrite.
    Then prove me wrong. Did conservatives of those eras not accuse Lincoln of interfering with state's rights? Did conservatives not accuse Ike of funding a pork barrel project via the IHS?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    No, the ones that waste taxpayer money, like Cash-4-Clunkers. It didn't create demand for cars, it only rescheduled it. And that program wasn't created to help the automakers, it was crafted to help the UAW.
    The auto dealers, employees, and local government don't care about any of that. They just know they benefitted.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    You're so full of yourself. Conservatives believe in equal opportunity, meaning everyone lines up on the same starting point. Libtards believe in equal results, meaning laws must be passed so that no one falls behind, no matter how lazy they are.
    Really? So you really believe everyone has an equal starting point? Do you believe George W. Bush and Ted Kennedy had the same starting point as yourself when they decided to run for the presidency or the Senate? Your belief is fine in concept, but woefully lacking in any type of reality. Do you really believe your public school education is even remotely equivalent to someone whose entire life was nothing more than living off dad's or grandad's trust fund. Since not everyone has the same starting point in life, should that be enforced to ensure that is the case? How very marxist. It certainly explains your bitterness.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    "A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both." -Milton Friedman
    And this means what exactly? What did Friedman ever do besides write term papers? How many companies did he run? How many times did he meet payroll? How many jobs did he personally create? I bet I've created more jobs via the contractors I've hired to do work on my various properties.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    Keep dreaming. There's a difference between discretionary spending on infrastructure, and perpetual entitlement spending on social programs.
    Which didn't stop the conservatives of the day from criticizing the project.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    Riding someone else's coat tails is nothing to brag about.
    Where have I done that? And even if I had, don't knock it till you tried it. Your envy of my and my wife's accomplishments is obvious. I'll be the first to admit we've been lucky along the way. But I know it bugs the crap out of you that two libs live a life you'll only dream about. Unless your idea of achievement is buying that new triple wide. You must really hate George Bush. All he ever did his entire life was ride the coattails of his dad, granddad, and dad's friends, and still failed at everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    You're a failure at lying. You try it over and over but it keeps coming back to bite you.
    Ooohhh. The pain is too much to bear.

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbat View Post
    And I've accomplished most things I've applied myself too, like debunking your liberal lies.
    Like what else? Becoming a moonbat is not something to brag about.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-28-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #44
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rural Iowa
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Because there's ...
    Is that empty echo in your cranium painful? Or are you even aware?

  20. #45
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
    Is that empty echo in your cranium painful? Or are you even aware?
    This makes no sense. Were you interrupted by one of your ewe girlfriends?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  21. #46
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    As soon as you start answering mine.
    I did answer them, you just ignore the answers because you don't like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Done
    You never substantiated it, you only alleged it, and then repeated the allegation over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Then prove me wrong. Did conservatives of those eras not accuse Lincoln of interfering with state's rights?
    A few conservatives criticizing him doesn't make him a liberal. No more than the loony left criticizing Hussein makes him a conservative. There were some that did criticize Abe, but you would have us believe that all conservatives were critical of him, and thus that is the litmus test to determine if one is a liberal, which is a complete fabrication of your libtarded imagination.

    Being criticized by a few conservatives does not make one a liberal. Would Paul Krugman's criticism of Hussein mean that Hussein is suddenly a conservative? No.

    Does Hussein's adoption and expansion of Bush's warrantless wiretapping policy make him a conservative? No. But it does make him a hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Did conservatives not accuse Ike of funding a pork barrel project via the IHS?
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    The auto dealers, employees, and local government don't care about any of that. They just know they benefitted.
    They benefited at the taxpayer's expense. The ugly part of the program was the destruction of perfectly good trade-ins. Destroying capital to stimulate demand for a replacement does nothing to improve our economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Really? So you really believe everyone has an equal starting point?
    I didn't say they had/have equal starting points. But you don't give the government's preferential treatment to someone because their parents were treated badly. Punishing the son for the sins of the father serves no purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Do you believe George W. Bush and Ted Kennedy had the same starting point as yourself when they decided to run for the presidency or the Senate?
    I can/could file to run for office just like they can. There is no law prohibiting me from doing so. What's scary is your insane comparison of GWB to EMK. This is a 100 times more insane than thinking John Edwards was an authentic man of the people.

    It's unquestionable that the majority of people in Massachusetts are amoral, empty-headed scumbags for constantly voting for that man. He drove off a bridge with another passenger in the car, and instead of trying to rescue her, he fled and didn’t report the incident to police for 10 hours, and then escaped a well-deserved prison sentence because of his wealth and connections. Then he was so egotistical and out of touch as to later run for president thinking: “Wow. The country sure could use someone with my judgment and moral fortitude to run it right now.”
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Your belief is fine in concept, but woefully lacking in any type of reality. Do you really believe your public school education is even remotely equivalent to someone whose entire life was nothing more than living off dad's or grandad's trust fund.
    Oh, you mean like that of Hussein's, where he attended very expensive private school in Hawaii?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Since not everyone has the same starting point in life, should that be enforced to ensure that is the case?
    For government jobs and government opportunities, yes. For the private sector, no. If I want to hire only family members to work at my company, it should be my choice. If consumers are unhappy with my decision to do so, they are free to buy from my competitors. If the family members are incapable of performing well enough to allow the company to turn a profit in an open market, then I pay the penalty by going broke. Gee, freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    How very marxist.
    Your idea of forcing this upon society, both public and private sectors, is. The idea of making the decision myself, is another matter entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    It certainly explains your bitterness.
    Sounds like your daddy was a Battalion Chief, or golfing buddies with someone who was.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And this means what exactly?
    You don't read very well do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    What did Friedman ever do besides write term papers?
    Holy crap, the utter stupidity to even ask that question shows how little you actually know.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    How many companies did he run?
    How many successful CEO's and heads of state did he provide economic advise to, only to see them have great success later?
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    How many times did he meet payroll?
    He founded a firm that employed over 20 people on a full-time basis. More proof of how little you know about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    How many jobs did he personally create?
    Millions. Maybe billions. And far more than Hussein's recovery plan & C4C did combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I bet my wife has created more jobs via the contractors she's hired to do work on her various properties.
    Oh gee, we all know how much you love those hypothetical arguments. You rail against them every chance you get but continually use them to support your fantasies. Hypocrisy. And based on your history of false beliefs, I wouldn't lend any credit at all to that false hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Which didn't stop the conservatives of the day from criticizing the project.
    Someone criticized it. You take a small fact like that and transform it into a revisionist piece of history that all conservatives were opposed to it, and thus it proves that Ike was a liberal. It's one of the weakest strawman arguments you've put forth so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Where have I done that?
    Holy crap, are you gonna sit there and pretend that you don't continually brag about all the material things you own? You're credibility is less than zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    And even if I had, don't knock it till you tried it. Your envy of my and my wife's accomplishments is obvious.
    Envy? Lets add that to the list of fantasies you have. A liar is one of the worst things a person could ever be. There is nothing about you that I envy. You entire sanctimonious narcissistic existence is a warning to others of how infinite stupidity and dishonesty can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    I'll be the first to admit we've been lucky along the way. But I know it bugs the crap out of you that two libs live a life you'll only dream about.
    Once again, you attempt to gauge someone's worth in monetary terms. Your value system is as corrupted as your understanding of fiscal years and budget deficits.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Unless your idea of achievement is buying that new triple wide.
    All you do in these forums is spread hatred and misinformation against Republicans and Conservatives, mixed in with elitist statements and condescending remarks about people's geography or their choices in life. And you never cease to prove me right.
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    You must really hate George Bush. All he ever did his entire life was ride the coattails of his dad, granddad, and dad's friends, and still failed at everything.
    Once again, you're focused on the wrong thing. The son is not to blame for preferential treatment, the father is. Nepotism wasn't started by the nephew's, it was started by the Priests. Your ignorance never fails.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  22. #47
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    The son is not to blame for preferential treatment, the father is. Nepotism wasn't started by the nephew's, it was started by the Priests. Your ignorance never fails.
    You were the one claiming that living off someone's coattails was not something one should boast. Yet that is exactly the life of W Bush and John McCain.

    You say you don''t envy any part of my life because of some mythical corrupt beliefs. My wife and I took what was given us (which wasn't more than being above average intellects and good health) and made the system available to us work on our behalf. Unlike Bush or Kennedy we didn't have trust funds. Nor did one of us have millions when we married the other after kicking our first spouse to the curb.

    Criticize me and my life all you want. The both of us will live with the guilt and sleep (compared to you) on a bed made of money.

    Talk to you later moonbat. Wife and I are taking a couple of trips. I'll be back around Thanksgiving. If you're lucky I might check in from time to time to see how your Obama birth certificate issue isn't going.

    To quote a title from one of my favorite spy novels.

    Hasta luego caiman.
    Last edited by scfire86; 09-28-2009 at 07:50 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pres. Obama a "Leader"?
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 12:52 AM
  2. Evidence Rooms
    By ASP2008 in forum Fire Investigation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 06:45 AM
  3. FF Destroys Evidence
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum Fire Investigation
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
  4. Preserving Evidence
    By Temptaker in forum Fire Investigation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2002, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register