Thread: Mile Tree Fire

Default Mile Tree Fire

some one asked If I would post a video of a Fire I went to here on the forum so here we have it

It came in as I was leaving the station so I was off duty and thought I would go get a few shots of the guys for the photo boards. Come to find out this fire was going to be a rather larger than normal fire.

the first link goes to a video I made with all the pictures in it and the second is the local news coverage.
    Thanks

http://www.vimeo.com/6723400

http://www.kfsm.com/news/kfsm-river-...0,455821.story

Forum Member

why cut the roof when it's severely self-venting, especially that far away from the bulk of the fire? just curious.

also, from the video, it looks like an interior attack was made. how long before a defensive attack was called? i wasn't there, so i don't know the details, but those smoke conditions at the beginning don't seem like they would prevent an interior knockdown.

not trying to second guess or bust anyone's balls. i just have some questions.

sorry one link did not work.

right off the bat 3 guys the first two teams fell through the floor. so it became a primary intrest there. then the house had vented itself.....
    Last edited by FirefighterFSFD; 09-25-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Forum Member

Did they get the three guys out that went down?

There was a interior attack and even earlier on in the video they were still doing so. the problem was the first entry team went in and almost immediately fell through the first floor into the basement. The next entry team assisted them and came back out.
    The Fire started some time through out the night and had burn for several hours before it was ever called in. so the interior was in bad shape.

The venting was done (from what I have been told) b/c that end of the house was not involved and was almost to the point of flashing. they were trying to keep it from flashing and vented to releave some of the heat but before they could get the opening the other end closer to the fire flashed over and self vented on this part of the roof.
    You got to under stand there were alot things taking place that are not in the pics. We usually make a extremely fast knock down and take care of business but on this one the cards were just stacked against us.
    My hat is off to our chiefs. They are A+ guys and are always looking out for us. when they made the call to make it a defensive attack it was with just cause.

here is the link that did not work

Forum Member

thanks for the upfront response.

Thread Information