Forum Member

Default Ford To End Production Of Crown Vic/Police Interceptor

Police Worry About Demise of Crown Vic
    Ford to halt production after 2011

Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009

BY REX HALL JR
    Kalamazoo Gazette (Michigan)

KALAMAZOO, Mich. -- For police agencies, the Ford Crown Victoria has been like an old friend -- dependable, always there.

So news that Ford Motor Co. plans to halt production of the sedan after 2011 worries local law enforcement leaders, who say they are worried about finding a suitable successor and about the potential costs of replacing equipment that has fit the "Crown Vic" year after year.
    FULL STORY: http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?...=1&id=48610

Forum Member

ford has been threatening to do this for the last 8 years ... and they keep pushing back the date.
    ~Big O~

Tankers have wheels and carry water, Tenders are breaded and served with BBQ sauce

(if you don't believe me Google it)

MembersZone Subscriber

Hardly any of the LEO's in this area are driving the Crown Vic anymore. Most have gone to either the Impala or the Charger. A couple have even been trying the Magnum.

Forum Member

It does not surprise me because they got rid of the Crown Vic a few years ago.
    (except for fleet)

Forum Member

NYSP i think has gone to almost all Tahoes /Suburbans because their faster and handle better (surprisingly)
    ~Big O~

Tankers have wheels and carry water, Tenders are breaded and served with BBQ sauce

MembersZone Subscriber

I think this is interesting:

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

Forum Member

nice ... GM should turn the G8 that they killed with Pontiac in a reincarnation of the Caprice
    ~Big O~

Forum Member

GM is closing the tahoe line so what will the police do now? It will all be chargers, impalas, expeditions and taurus... No one will know what to look for

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by charlie82 View Post
    GM is closing the tahoe line so what will the police do now? It will all be chargers, impalas, expeditions and taurus... No one will know what to look for
    Where did you read this?

Forum Member

http://blogs.fourwheeler.com/6249390...uvs/index.html

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ge...suvs-1805.html

If you notice the dates, this was rumored last year. Looks like it may come true.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

They could use the Holden Commodore

They are a great car, perfect for police use. We already export them, so its a thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by pumper8032 View Post
    They could use the Holden Commodore

They are a great car, perfect for police use. We already export them, so its a thought.
    Have you lost you damn mind? Who in the hell would want to use a rice burner for a patrol car? Not me, that for sure.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Aussie Built

The Holden Commodore is built in the "land down under" and is a division of Government Motors (aka General Motors) and was the basis for the Pontiac GTO sold in the US. until recently. Holden, & GTO are to small for us more robust Americans. Looked at buying a GTO when they first came out. No head room.

Forum Member

Corvettes for all ... they can just strap the criminals to the roof and let them suffer
    Last edited by MoosemanKBB527; 09-30-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    ~Big O~

Forum Member

I have heard this from my local GM dealer and also a local PD who is looking for the next phase when tahoes go out.

MembersZone Subscriber

It want matter in a few years anyway, after all the tree hugging field hippies, change you can believe in crowd have their way, we all be driving battery operated golf carts and bicycles. That is all but Al Gore and his crowd, did you see where he got some hung green grant to make green cars in Europe that cost @ $70,000 a piece. I know its for the children, save the planet and all that feel good crap. Don't think so, just wait until they pass the "tax and trade".

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

RICE BURNER

Nice

You guys must be freakin huge fatty's if you don't think that car is big enough. No wonder everything is screwed over there. "My car doesn't do half a mile to the gallon, get me a worse car"

wow

Now I will go eat my Hershey bar and drink My Dr Pepper.........

MembersZone Subscriber

RICE BURNER

Nice

You guys must be freakin huge fatty's if you don't think that car is big enough. No wonder everything is screwed over there. "My car doesn't do half a mile to the gallon, get me a worse car"

wow

Now I will go eat my Hershey bar and drink My Dr Pepper.........
    Not Fat, just tall. At 6'-2" I prefer not to have to ride around in a clown car for a 12 hr shift. Plus when you add the cage, all the radio's and computer, plus the printer and the rest of all the gear, you need as much room as you can get. And things are not screwed up over here, thank you very much, We are doing just fine. So enjoy your Hershey bar and Dr. Pepper, while you work on your grammar.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

I assume then that my veiled attempt to say "there are things outside of America" missed it's target, sorry, I will get back to shearing my sheep

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Aussie Cars

The Holden is a fine vehicle. But I'm 6'-4" (193 cm ) for you metric types down under, and it just doesn't have enough head room. In fact only three or four models of vehicles sold in America have enough head room as far as I'm concerned. And yes the computers, radio's, video camera's, and shot gun mounts take up the rest of the space.

MembersZone Subscriber

I assume then that my veiled attempt to say "there are things outside of America" missed it's target, sorry, I will get back to shearing my sheep
    Veiled? Yeah, liked you covered it in sack cloth. Missed your target? By a mile. Apology accepted. Have fun with your sheep

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoosemanKBB527 View Post
    NYSP i think has gone to almost all Tahoes /Suburbans because their faster and handle better (surprisingly)

not even close to true. There are still tons of crown vics on the road, and they are still being bought by NYSP.

Forum Member

There was a news story a while back about a NYSP LODD involving a tahoe. It was determined that Tahoes are not intended to be used as pursuit vehicles because of the high center of gravity and poor handling.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by charlie82
    There was a news story a while back about a NYSP LODD involving a tahoe. It was determined that Tahoes are not intended to be used as pursuit vehicles because of the high center of gravity and poor handling.
    More than likely, you can call it "Operator Error". Tahoe's should not be used as pursuit vehicles. In fact, any truck or SUV shouldn't be used as a pursuit vehicle.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

The new Ford Taurus will more than likely be the next police cruiser platform for Ford. The 2010 Taurus SHO has a 375 horsepower turbocharged V6.

The E7 from Carbon Motors? I think it will being close to $100K plus for each vehicle.

Pumper 8032.. I wish Ford USA would import the Falcon Ute. I would buy one in a heartbeat!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 10-02-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information