+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Orange County is Hiring

----------
    Last edited by gigafire; 02-20-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Forum Member

First off .. shhh .. dont tell anybody else .... i'm doing an app now.

Secondly there is an Orange county thread somewhere here and its all over like page 4 of that thread. Thats where we have been keeping up with it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by owenscott View Post
    First off .. shhh .. dont tell anybody else .... i'm doing an app now.

Secondly there is an Orange county thread somewhere here and its all over like page 4 of that thread. Thats where we have been keeping up with it.
    ---------------------
    Last edited by gigafire; 02-20-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by owenscott View Post
    Not that I could find.

What's with the "preference for Orange County firefighters" statement? I thought they didn't lay off.
    ...at this time.

Forum Member

theyre hiring 20 within two weeks off of there prev Eligibility list then another 30 by dec i believe

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kevnaz1 View Post
    theyre hiring 20 within two weeks off of there prev Eligibility list then another 30 by dec i believe

Kevnaz, I have an interview next week. I am on the eligibility list, and had applied last year and have made it through the entire process up to the chiefs interview...Is there a good chance of employment after the chiefs interview? thanks man

Forum Member

from what i hear its guarantee hire once u make it there i was on the list to i made it up to the poly and they froze it when did they call you ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kevnaz1 View Post
    from what i hear its guarantee hire once u make it there i was on the list to i made it up to the poly and they froze it when did they call you ?
    They called me about a week ago, thursday I believe.

makes good girls go bad

You know I'm applying for it!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

VesMedic, are you a FF/Medic or just Medic? Also, do you live in Orange County. I think they are taking preference to people who live in or near Orange County. I've done the interview but haven't heard anything, I think they probably got there first class figured out based on the interviews going out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GoCanes4 View Post
    VesMedic, are you a FF/Medic or just Medic? Also, do you live in Orange County. I think they are taking preference to people who live in or near Orange County. I've done the interview but haven't heard anything, I think they probably got there first class figured out based on the interviews going out.
    Gocanes, I am a firemedic, and yes I live in Orange county. I grew up in seminole county, which is the county north of orange ( wasn't sure if you are famliar with the area). when did you do your interview? are you a firemedic?

Forum Member

I interviewed awhile ago, over 6 months ago and then they went on the hiring freeze. I'm a firemedic but haven't heard anything from them. I think they are taking preference to people living in Orange county or surrounding counties. Did you here anything about when they would be starting a class of 20 if that's the case? Also, good luck with the interview.

MembersZone Subscriber

I interviewed awhile ago, over 6 months ago and then they went on the hiring freeze. I'm a firemedic but haven't heard anything from them. I think they are taking preference to people living in Orange county or surrounding counties. Did you here anything about when they would be starting a class of 20 if that's the case? Also, good luck with the interview.
    id say thats probably why you haven't heard anything, because of the hiring freeze. what county do you live in? as far as classes, I probably know as much as you do, ive heard every number imaginable, I don't think anyone knows for sure. as far as preference, yea I've seen that on the website, but who knows how much of a factor that really is ya know? I assume ur from south florida?

Forum Member

Yea there is a lot of numbers floating around out there. I'm from south Florida but currently live in Marion county. Are you taking your interview soon? You should be in after taking that....

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea there is a lot of numbers floating around out there. I'm from south Florida but currently live in Marion county. Are you taking your interview soon? You should be in after taking that....
    Yep, next week. I am also an orange county medic already as well. I have worked for rural metro ambulance as a medic, and work as a fire/medic in orange county for another department as well. So, i already have an "orange county number" and have passed protocol tests obviously. How much that helps, again, who knows for sure.

Forum Member

just got off the phone theyre only giving medics interviews right now then emts who have make it to the end off the process before the hiring freeze and only those who live in or near orange county hoping to get to the interview considering i made it as far as i did before the freeze

Forum Member

------------------
    Last edited by gigafire; 02-20-2010 at 09:05 PM.

makes good girls go bad

giga, I have some questions for you. If you could enable PMs, or email me at fireguard69@yahoo.com, I would appreciate it.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

----------------------
    Last edited by gigafire; 02-20-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Forum Member

This is what i got off the site on the 7th. We were suppose to check to see when our video test was and this is the response i got.....

Certified Firefighter Eligibility Information for Job Opening Requisition # 8716
    Due to the large volume of applications from job opening requisition # 8716, only those
    candidates that meet the preference of previous firefighting experience with Orange
    County Fire Rescue will be eligible to participate in this hiring process. Those
    candidates who are eligible to participate in this process have been contacted. We
    appreciate your interest with employment with Orange County Fire Rescue
    Don't think this means anything to others that are on previous list .. just the new applications when the opened it this time. From below link ...

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/NR/rdo...pening8716.pdf

Forum Member

Just wondering why for the paramedic position under qualification "Certified firefighters are not eligible to apply for this position" why is that?

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/jobs/jobline/listjobs.asp?cboJobCategory=3&CL=4&cboDepartment=-1|-1|-1&cboJobTitle=-1&cboSalaryRange=-1&txtPostingID=&txtJobCode=&cmdSubmit=Submit

Forum Member

see gigafire's post 4 above yours.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlaltdelete View Post
    Just wondering why for the paramedic position under qualification "Certified firefighters are not eligible to apply for this position" why is that?

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/jobs/jobline/listjobs.asp?cboJobCategory=3&CL=4&cboDepartment=-1|-1|-1&cboJobTitle=-1&cboSalaryRange=-1&txtPostingID=&txtJobCode=&cmdSubmit=Submit
    Because the county has a bunch of "medic only" units running around the county...These people have to go to standards within 3 years. They fill in around the county as needed when the rescues are at the hospital, or out on other calls etc. Basically,a cheaper way to get the same service that the rescues are giving.

MembersZone Subscriber

OH also, had my interview this week guys. They were interviewing a ton of different people. I am a firemedic, but I had 2 firefighter/EMT's sitting next to me, as well as a medic only guy. I assume these are all the people off the old elgibility list. as far as how many people are on the list, THe head HR guy told us 209 people are on that list. Now, I don't know if that means people who are completely done with the process, or if thats how many are just in the process all together. He told all of us they are trying to get a class together for January or February, and that they were HOPING for 20...This is straight from the horses mouth..but as we all know, things change daily.

Forum Member

Good luck guys .. let us know if you get a job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

Thread Information