Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up MAN o MAN. THERE IS DUMB THEN THERE IS

DUMB!

Mob Justice: Vets Tie Flag-Burner to Pole. 21-year-old humiliated in front of VFW post.

By EDWARD J. CARR Updated 1:45 PM EDT, Sat, Sep 26, 2009

Pillorying is a public embarrassment punishment dating back to the Middle Ages, but it was used to great effect recently when a young man in Valley Falls, New York, allegedly lit an American flag in front of a VFW Post on fire .

According to the Albany Times Union, a young man entered the bar at VFW Post 1938 on Sept. 18. When he was turned away for not having proper identification, he supposedly cut the American flag from a flagpole in front of the building and lit it on fire.

Someone saw him do it, the Troy Record reported, and it didnít take long for enraged vets to find the fire starter.

They offered him three choices. They could hand him over to police, beat him up or duct-tape him to the flagpole for six hours, wearing a sign identifying the crime he allegedly committed.

He chose the latter option.

"He'll never disrespect the flag again, I can tell you that," said Post Commander Nick Normile, a Vietnam veteran.

Normile also said the burnt flag will be disposed of properly at an official ceremony sometime in the future.

First Published: Sep 26, 2009 12:29 PM EDT

I'll give the kid credit though. He acknowledged his crime and accepted the offered punishment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    DUMB!

Mob Justice: Vets Tie Flag-Burner to Pole. 21-year-old humiliated in front of VFW post.

By EDWARD J. CARR Updated 1:45 PM EDT, Sat, Sep 26, 2009

Pillorying is a public embarrassment punishment dating back to the Middle Ages, but it was used to great effect recently when a young man in Valley Falls, New York, allegedly lit an American flag in front of a VFW Post on fire .

According to the Albany Times Union, a young man entered the bar at VFW Post 1938 on Sept. 18. When he was turned away for not having proper identification, he supposedly cut the American flag from a flagpole in front of the building and lit it on fire.

Someone saw him do it, the Troy Record reported, and it didnít take long for enraged vets to find the fire starter.

They offered him three choices. They could hand him over to police, beat him up or duct-tape him to the flagpole for six hours, wearing a sign identifying the crime he allegedly committed.

He chose the latter option.

"He'll never disrespect the flag again, I can tell you that," said Post Commander Nick Normile, a Vietnam veteran.

Normile also said the burnt flag will be disposed of properly at an official ceremony sometime in the future.

First Published: Sep 26, 2009 12:29 PM EDT

I'll give the kid credit though. He acknowledged his crime and accepted the offered punishment.
    In this part of the world that is how we are raised. It is the imports that won't own up when they are busted. Be nice if we could send them all back to the city. FYI, Nick is a good man.

Actually, my "dumb" comment was not so much in reference to the What as to the Where he did it. There are times and places to do all things. Burning a nations flag in front of the VFWA or American (Canadian) Legion is not what I would recommend. I think that would fall into the "Bad Idea" category.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

I loathe the burning of a nation's flag. Any nation's. I am against a Constitutional ammendment about it as well.........That being said, if you do it, you better be damned sure that you are capable of handling the response that you might get.

Sort of like the construction workers in New York City in the early 1970s who got sick of the anti-war protesters and......um......enlightened them about hte consequences of free speech.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

I'm with you on that one Sharkie. I guess its the double-edged sword that goes with being a professional soldier: You work and offer to extend your life to enhance and extend the life and liberty of your fellow countrymen so that they may enjoy freedom of speech etc, and they do crazy things like burn the same flag that you gave to defend.....

On another "Dumb" note:

Crocs nip B.C. man on pee break

Vancouver Province October 1, 2009Be the first to post a comment

Police are calling a B.C. vacationerís tale a crock.

A Vancouver-area man who claimed he was kidnapped, shot and thrown into a Mexican lagoon where he was attacked by crocodiles was lying, RCMP said Thursday.

Instead, the 20-year-old man was relieving himself in the lagoon when bitten by a small crocodile. He then fell into the lagoon where he was bitten again. He received basic first aid treatment.

The crocodiles were no more than 25-30 centimetres, but were able to cause an extensive amount of injury to flesh, police said.

The lagoon was clearly marked with warning signs in Spanish and English.

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

At least the punishment for the crime of buring the flag fit the crime. Sometimes justice is blind, but every now and then it opens it's eyes.

When I worked with the army it was not too uncommon for an armoured vehicle (while on detached convoy) to stop in at a McD's drive-thru, but I think this goes a bit too far...

Investigation launched after Forces helicopter touches down for burgers
    Canwest News ServiceOctober 3, 2009 8:01 AM

A Canadian military helicopter lands in a swirl of dust on a Kenora, Ont. Baseball diamond October 1, 2009.The pilot climbed and walked itno an A&W restaurant across the street for a takeout order.

KENORA, Ont. -- A spokesman for Defence Minister Peter MacKay said Saturday an investigation has been launched after a Canadian Forces helicopter pilot landed in Kenora recently - apparently to pick up some cheeseburgers.

"The matter is under investigation to determine what happened. As such, I can't say much more until all the facts are gathered," wrote Dan Dugas, the minister's director of communications in an e-mail.

On Thursday, employees at an A&W fast-food restaurant were surprised to see a military pilot walk in and make a takeout order - while his helicopter was parked outside.

Michelle Patterson, who has worked at the restaurant for 16 years, said Friday she was shocked to see flying dust when the helicopter landed on a baseball diamond across from the eatery.

The pilot joked about wanting to go through the drive-thru but apparently said he wasn't able to fit.

He ordered enough food for six people, and told her he was on his way to refuel at the airport before flying to Thunder Bay, Ont., and eventually back to Quebec, Patterson said.

The minister's spokesman said there were no public safety concerns surrounding the landing.

"First of all, at no time during the landing or takeoff was there a danger to the public," he said in the e-mail. "The Forces thank the local police for securing the sports field for the helicopter's landing."

He could not comment on how often military pilots touch down in public spaces to get dinner or what protocols need to be in place.

Kenora is 500 kilometres northwest of Thunder Bay.

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

However, in view of the local LEO assist, it would appear that this was a somewhat planned event, and coordinated with local authorities. Also, it would appear that he was on an extended cross-country flight. I would also suppose that the food at the airport was somewhat suspect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    I loathe the burning of a nation's flag. Any nation's. I am against a Constitutional ammendment about it as well.........That being said, if you do it, you better be damned sure that you are capable of handling the response that you might get.

Sort of like the construction workers in New York City in the early 1970s who got sick of the anti-war protesters and......um......enlightened them about hte consequences of free speech.
    I too loathe the burning of the flag. It is a symbol of this nation and everything it stands for. If you dislike this nation that much go find one more to your liking.

He should have been taped upsidedown. Then everyone in the neighborhood should have walked their dogs there and peed in his face.

Actually second choice. He should have had his butt kicked. The swine.

Wow, nothing like poking the sleeping bear huh?

This kid is kinda stupid but has the balls to take his punishment. Now lets hope he actually learned some respect for the flag and the veterans who defend that flag.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Thread Information