Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Documentry trailor- Brotherhood of Fire

Yet more awesome action coming out of California- Fresno Fire Department's Brotherhood of Fire. Looking good so far...

Watch the YouTube trailor here.

Glad to see something new and fresh vs. the Rescue Me drama of firemen raping their wives, abusing drugs, stealing and sleeping together.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 10-03-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    Yet more awesome action coming out of California- Fresno Fire Department's Brotherhood of Fire. Looking good so far...

Watch the YouTube trailor here.

Glad to see something new and fresh vs. the Rescue Me drama of firemen raping their wives, abusing drugs, stealing and sleeping together.
    Looks good... even the helmets*!

*Sorry Bou... I tried to resist... but resistance is futile!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Looks good... even the helmets*!

*Sorry Bou... I tried to resist... but resistance is futile!
    Thats ok. Some parts of Cali jumped on the traditional bandwagon a few years back. There is still a mix out there. Atleast California is coming back and looking sharp with FIRST IN and this.

Good job Compton and Fresno brothers!

Sweet!!!!!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll take a real fireman on TV with a goofy helmet over a BS firefighter drama with tratitional helmets anyday
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

WOW marcus must have Firefighter envy!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bert34 View Post
    WOW marcus must have Firefighter envy!
    Nah, I'm just glad someone is portraying what we don in a more accurate fashion. If they can just get the job we do right, then I'm happy.

For the record I personally prefer the traditional helmet with the defender visor
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Thats ok, since California is pretty good at what we do, I expected someone to take the only low road available and talk about helmets.

Yeah, we use the stuff thats comfortable and made for function. Strpaing a big old leather block to your head that shifts from side to side doesnt make much sense. But then again, some of you dont know any better.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 10-04-2009 at 10:35 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

It does look good, a friend of mine is in the trailer, Ill be out there next week with some of the Fresno guys, and Ill be sure to let them know some parts of Cali jumped on the traditional bandwagon a few years back and they just don't know any better. For a guy that works for a woman's prison fire brigade, Its gets wearing to hear your constant criticism on traditional values, something that hasn't been instilled into you, because of your lack of experience. As a FDNY firefighter these core values mean a lot to me and many others that serve in municipal fire departments throughout the country. Not many, if any on here continually bash your agency, so why continue on the others that carry on with the traditions of the fire service?

When is it being released?
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyle77 View Post
    It does look good, a friend of mine is in the trailer, Ill be out there next week with some of the Fresno guys, and Ill be sure to let them know some parts of Cali jumped on the traditional bandwagon a few years back and they just don't know any better. For a guy that works for a woman's prison fire brigade, Its gets wearing to hear your constant criticism on traditional values, something that hasn't been instilled into you, because of your lack of experience. As a FDNY firefighter these core values mean a lot to me and many others that serve in municipal fire departments throughout the country. Not many, if any on here continually bash your agency, so why continue on the others that carry on with the traditions of the fire service?
    Probably in all the excitement of a new California movie he got it backwards. Some departments got on the non-traditional bandwagon years ago and switched from traditional. I am sure for the agencies like L.A. and others it works for them. But I know Northern California cities (San Francisco and Oakland area) never changed. So I think what you are reading is one persons perspective. On another note the fallen ff memorial in California is on October 17 in Sacramento, it's always good to see firefighters across the nation present.

I know their was a big connection with Fresno area and FDNY from a company (PELCO) Pelco started the New York-Fresno connection by building a Memorial, to honor victims of the terrorist attacks of September 11.
    The company also paid for 1,150 New York Police officers, Firefighters,
    Port Authority Police, and others to fly to Clovis for the memorialís
    dedication and related events.

I think there were nearly 600 Fresno area
    firefighters, police officers and Pelco employees who traveled to New
    York City for a four-day, whirlwind trip the next year. The group was
    reunited with New York police and fire personnel who visited Fresno
    and Clovis three months earlier for the California Memorial Dedication
    at Pelco.
    Last edited by babcusar5; 10-04-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle77 View Post
    "core values"? How can you support a TV show that uses your department's name showing members abusing alcohol, illegal drugs, raping their wives and engaged in homosexual activity??? Sure, you're going to say "Its only entertainment". But the general public does not know any better. People now think ALL Firefighters work and live like that. Rescue Me is an embarrassment to the FDNY and the nation's Firefighters. At least now we have FIRST IN showing the public the positive side of our job.

And I will say it again for the 50th time- I like and respect the FDNY. I just get tired of people like Kyle telling me I need to change and be like them. I made and sold t-shirts right after 9/11 and we donated ALL the profits to the Widows Fund. I even drove and help house the FDNY members when they visited here. Even after all of that, one of them had the balls to insult me after all of my effort. But we still took care of them for the Fresno gig and made sure they were all right.

Kyle- Lack of experience? I was a badged paid guy before you were in high school. As for "brigade", don't forget your Federal Fire roots.

I don't know who works at a prison and I don't see where FDNY was mentioned here in this thread before you came along. Hmmmm....Maybe you will get kicked off of this website as well?
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 10-04-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Looks good.

And yes, the helmets look good too.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Looks good.

And yes, the helmets look good too.
    I have to agree.....

Here's some more trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtxejzl8Os4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJg7Z7XdCQ

Quote Originally Posted by babcusar5 View Post
    I have to agree.....

Here's some more trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtxejzl8Os4
    Love the LAFD action. LA CITY will always be one of THE BEST in the nation, hands down.

When and where are these shows broadcast??

that one voice over is way dramatic....Sounds like Alec Baldwin after smoking a full pack of cigarettes at once!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    When and where are these shows broadcast??

that one voice over is way dramatic....Sounds like Alec Baldwin after smoking a full pack of cigarettes at once!
    Easy to find on youtube...ya, what a voice huh!!...as for the comment on rescue me earlier, Hollywood hasnt done the best job either in portraying the nations fire service, so I thinks it's best to save the stone throwing. There are alot of great documentary's on the FDNY... or trailers.....as this one awhile back....hope to see more across the nation, small and large organizations...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI1yo...om=PL&index=24

Check out Brotherhood of Fire on facebook and invite all of your friends to join. There is a brief history on the project there, they'd really like to share this with everybody. Plus they will keep updating on the project so when the full length vid is done you will get to view it. They are trying to get PBS to pick it up. Thanks. Here's another part to the trailer.

Last edited by snowball; 10-04-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    IAFF

Forum Member

Very nice Mr. Snowball.

snowball- Is that you on the right?

Thread Information