Oh Thank Heaven for SQ27

Default Volunteers Wanted

We are once again getting the word out...

Are you a Firefighter and/or EMT looking for more training and experience?

Would you like to run more calls or maybe just get a change of scenary?

If so... Check us out!

The Westampton Township Emergency Services located in Burlington County, New Jersey is looking for new blood. Firefighters or EMT's (or both) to participate in our 24hr/month duty program. Free training, lots of experiance, comfortable facility featuring bunk rooms, full gym, high speed wireless internet and more. 2500 calls a year (average) with nearly 100 fires and cut jobs last year.

Inquire now about our Duty Crew or Live In membership oppertunities!

Hope to hear from you soon!

http://www.westamptonfire.org

Sean Desjardins, Captain
    Westampton Township Emergency Services

Forum Member

prob not the best place to look. better try to mercer/burlington county section of thewatchdesk.com or by contacting high schools, local colleges, and other civic groups in the area.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

So I can come out 24hr a month and be a member?!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Oh Thank Heaven for SQ27

All we ask for is a minimum of 24 hours a month. Admittedly, there hasn't been anyone yet that joins for 24 hours and only does 24 hours. Currently we have active riding members from Staten Island to Anne Arundle County. Most cases our distance members pick a weekend or a couple consecutive days to ride and that's how we see them every month.

Sean Desjardins, Captain

Forum Member

Yeah I figured it would be one weekend a month or something. I may consider it......
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Actually, that sounds like an interesting idea. Why not?

Forum Member

Question

Do they, we need to bring our own PPE's?

Forum Member

What are the requirements to ride the squad?

Forum Member

really? well, we are looking to do the same think to join our rescue company, same requirements, 24 hours a month. not sure how we would handle out of towners, but if you are interested, PM me your resume (to show your background and certs), and I will get you more info.

basicly were are looking for FF1, EMT, 2 years experience (I think) heavy rescue/vehicle rescue technician, hazmat ops, and some other stuff that escape me at the moment.

My agency is located in middlesex county NJ, multiple highways, and a huge heavy rescue. again, if you are interested, I can pass along more info about my agency
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

Default joining up..

Dr P - Which town in Middlesex County?

Oh Thank Heaven for SQ27

We would provide all turnout gear and required training. Our Duty Members are members of the department in good standing. It is how 90% of our department is composed.

Training for the squad:
    Anyone can ride the Squad, because through scheduling we always have at least 2 Squad Certified Members to staff it in addition to other certified FF's. If the need comes down to having it staffed with less then 2 it simply runs as an engine company. We haven't had this sort of situation in a long time, however we are prepared just in case. Our Squad Certified members do get first dibs on riding assignments for the rig, and then we fill empty seats with other certified members.

To be "Squad Certified" the member must have at least 3 years as an active FF, EMT, Advanced Vehicle Extrication, Truck and Bus Extrication, HazMat Tech, NJ IMS, NFPA Rope Rescue, Engine Company and Truck Company Operations, and Advanced RIC. The nice thing though, is that we are a state certified training facility with at least 15 instructors so most of this training can be done right in house and scheduled around our members needs.

This may seem like a lot of even a bit confusing to read, but in our little world, it works very well.

Thanks for your interest!

"Parasite" - Feel free to email me if you would like help with coordinating an out of town crowd. We seem to have it working out real well.

Sean Desjardins, Captain

Forum Member

Hmmm. I am now very interested.

If I do decide to do this, it may come down to who has the nicer equipment!

Forum Member

Tony, I'm in North Brunswick. I'd give you our website, but it's in need of additional information, and right now it's a work in progress.

If anyone wants more information, email me at my email address, YesINeedMyHeadExamined@gmail.com. It's my internet email account, since I won't want to get my personal or work emails full of spammers. But I will respond to any and all emails, so if you are interested, feel free to ask. And if you want to come on down and play for a couple shifts, email your resume and I will pass it up the chain.

FF/EMT/DBP

Thread Information