Forum Member

Smile 1199's

Are most of the 1199"S recieved so far to those departments who had grant writer's do grant's or did they do their own grants ????
    I would Like to see how many departments did their own grant's or had some one else do them and how successful each was.

Forum Member

Talking 2 1199's today

Just got the 1199 for my OPS. It wasn't there at last check around 11:50am CST

I got my regional 1199 earlier this morning. It looks to me more like automated notifications.

Now I hope and pray my Vehicle app comes through. C'mon baby, Daddy needs an new truckie too.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They're still being released throughout the day, automated won't pick up until next week.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just found one for extrication equipment that wasn't there at lunch.

MembersZone Subscriber

Two more OPS 1199s...found them about ten minutes ago...wasn't there thirty minutes earlier...I've been steadily checking them all day...one for a ton of medical equipment including a 12-lead monitor; the other for a cascade, gear, and SCBAs.

Been a good day so far...

ETA: Found them around 2:45pm CST.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by winnabow638 View Post
    Are most of the 1199"S recieved so far to those departments who had grant writer's do grant's or did they do their own grants ????
    I would Like to see how many departments did their own grant's or had some one else do them and how successful each was.
    Did our own but attended one of Kurt's seminars. The info provided by these guys who do these "classes" is so valuable its almost not fair...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfire26 View Post
    Did our own but attended one of Kurt's seminars. The info provided by these guys who do these "classes" is so valuable its almost not fair...
    Any of them going to be in Iowa for 2010?

MembersZone Subscriber

Not a grant writer per se...I work as a firefighter at two full-time fire departments. I write mostly in the two counties I work in...although I did write four in two other counties...so I don't know how you would label me...but I don't have a website, no business card/phone number, etc., etc...just word of mouth through the firefighters at the depts. I've written for...wrote 20 this year...have gotten 11 1199s so far...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Station 49 View Post
    Brian is going to be here in Eldon, Missouri next month.

http://www.vickersconsultingservices...opschedule.htm

For the new guy here- When you are in the AFG on line application- where exectly are you locating the 1199 notices? FYI, someone else did prior grants so I am unable to view a prior 1199. Lastly, does an e-mail from AFG follow? Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ofd613 View Post
    Recieved 1199 this morning for station mounted SCBA compressor. It had been reduced already.
    Thanks goes to Kurt B. for the Indy class.
    Yea man your welcome!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default Cost reduction???

I have to start by saying WOOHOO!!!!! Just got the 1199a dropped!! However, 1 of the line items looks like the quantity was changed to 0. Is this how they do reductions? Or was this a mess up in the app? It was never noticed until now.
    So there were 3 line items. If this was a mistake on the app, Will this line be dead from the start?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jfire26 View Post
    It just goes to show a lttle education can be worth 100 times the investment you make. Congrats guy, happy for you and department.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    It just goes to show a lttle education can be worth 100 times the investment you make. Congrats guy, happy for you and department.
    I'm working on making Valley Center, Ks in January Kurt....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Station 49 View Post
    My training schedule is posted here.

http://www.hdgrants.com/courses/2009...s-Training.htm
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld327 View Post
    I have to start by saying WOOHOO!!!!! Just got the 1199a dropped!! However, 1 of the line items looks like the quantity was changed to 0. Is this how they do reductions? Or was this a mess up in the app? It was never noticed until now.
    So there were 3 line items. If this was a mistake on the app, Will this line be dead from the start?
    I had the same thing happen on our rescue tool application. I can understand the reasoning on ours. Asked for a permanent mount power unit as well as a gas to be portable. The eliminated one of them. I would say that item is dead in the water unless you want to try your luck appealing it. Need to have all of your ducks in a row to justify the need when you do so. Good Luck.

Kelly

Forum Member

Let me see. Hosted Kurt for two of the agency hosted seminars. Attended one of Kurt's seminar as a student, and went along to help pass out papers to make number four. We are trained to write our own grants, but what a resource we have. Thanks again Kurt.

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    This will be a second truck, but not in a row. We received a dj for this vehicle request in the last round of djs last year. Ended up tweeking the narrative and resubmitting for this year. Looks like it scored well to be this early in the process. And this will be a double for us. I am not sure how the other departments in the area are doing yet. They havent said anything.
    Kelly I just may have to put you in heavy contention against limeforever in consecutive wins column. Keep it up dude. I know you must now hold the money raising record for current and past presidents their.Congrats on the rescue tool grant now.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 12-18-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Found 2 more I did that weren't there an hour or so ago.

First time awardee for a department that was 0/8 prior to this year getting a nice treat: A new aerial, SCBA, and TIC!

Also found an Ops for a neighboring department.

Been good so far to the many I've helped...maybe I will score something for my station soon!

Forum Member

I think you're saying that the qty change to 0 on the line item is the reduction I have read about and not a mistake on my app?

Forum Member

Default Kurt &/or Brian

What time do you think they will stop posting the updates for the day/weekend? or will they?
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld327 View Post
    I think you're saying that the qty change to 0 on the line item is the reduction I have read about and not a mistake on my app?
    I would say it is a reduction. But is the cost amount also 0 or is it your original amount.

If everything is 0 across that line, I would say it is a reduction without question, but without knowing what it is was for, cannot advise any further than to say call the helpdesk to get a better clarification. They are always happy to answer any questions.

Way to go Sly on getting that 0 for 8 department an award. Bet they were losing hope and now they'll have a hard time believing you got it for them.

Forum Member

Default Now what im new to this 1199a thing ha ha

Reference Award Number: EMW-2009-FV-00035
    Reference Award Number: EMW-2009-FO-00034

We have got 1199As for 30 sets of PPE and 3 TICs and a $275,000 pumper... i have submited the online form and will be takeing it to our bank with the board Monday... so now whats next ive never gotten this far before over the last 3 years... whats the 10?s when can i expect them and what does this mean? are we getting the grant? what do i do now??? ha ha thanks guys!

Forum Member

Found are 1199A today at 14:00 hours today. This is are first in 5 years

MembersZone Subscriber

20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

I did my first two app's in 2008, Vehicle never made it past computer OPS was Dj'ed in December 08. Went to Kurts seminar in Feb. 09, submitted OPS app. in April and did my first 1199 update yesterday!

No more worry for my brother and sisiter FF because of inadaquate PPE aal thanks to Kurt and this forum!! Next time your in N.Y. first rounds on me Kurt Thanks for your help

Thread Information