Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MembersZone Subscriber

A hale rep in service told me today ( november 24,2009) that a lemon would not have gotten out the door! plain and simple, there was no way it would happen! Quality inspection would not let it. We have had good luck in the past with hale. Im saying that there was a problem with pump from day 1, along with the ESP primer, which is in the cellar if anyone would like to purchase it. As far as changing pump out now, it will not happen. What we did do was buy a new CET portable pump for the compartment. The pto pump will be used only when needed. stay safe.

Forum Member

quality inspection would not let it happen? i heard that before too regarding an ESP primer and torrent valves that will plague me for the life of a few pumpers.

MembersZone Subscriber

We changed the ESP primer out in 2007 for an Air-prime. it works great and its being spec'd on our new truck.

Unless you rig a oil tank to it,I wouldn't take the gift of a ESP primer.We've retrofitted(oiled)all of ours and the new rig has a Trident Air-Prime. And I LIKE Hale,just NOT those oilless primer. T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by westofd1 View Post
    our opinion is hale products quality left yrs ago. the first year it wouldnt pass tests. it will now that its been repaired again. we kept the hale cbp that was on our 1978 tanker when we got rid of it. 25 yrs old and still works no problem. like i said our opinion the ap50 was junk from start. now that we have put another 3500. into it it will pass pump test. our opinion hale junk!

Did truck have an actual UL pump test from the mfg? A bit unusual that there would be one for 500gpm pump. If a 750gpm there typical is a UL test (as is ISO creditable).

One reason you see many 500gpm PTO pumps rather than 750 gpm. Overall it is due to cost/expense - cost of UL pump test, additional 2-1/2" discharge requried, intake both side truck required, pony intake required, cost of large pump and PTO.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes the pump had UL from factory, its available if u spec it. We did.

Forum Member

I dont think i would want the mechanical seal either. FYI...you must not run it dry and it cannot get hot, ya know, like have the pump in gear and not circulate water. I once witnessed an operator keep 150 lbs on a line used for a protection line, he did not circulate water and guess what? gauge lines started popping and blowing off STEAM. There no warranty argument after that happens.

MembersZone Subscriber

it wasnt. it was pumping water when it lost prime. We prime it before engaging pump. thats SOP. stay safe

Thread Information