Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Last one to post wins

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    I hope everything goes good for you guys. Prayers being said for all.

Hang in there Marine!!
    2nd that. Good luck brother
    Matt G.
    Battalion Chief
    IACOJ-Member
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Thanks everybody, it's nice to see the brotherhood, and sisters, is still alive and well. Capt Henry was very understanding about everything and told me to let them know if we needed anything.

Forum Member

FFI - I hope your wife bounces back and the rest of the pregnancy goes off well.....I've forgotten - is this your first? Any pregnancy can be scary, but the first I think is the worst!

Best wishes to you both - now take care of your Lady! ..... I've gotten my husband fairly well trained - came home to the laundry done, kitchen cleaned and even my daughter had cleaned up a LOT of stuff!....oh, dinner was made too!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    FFI - I hope your wife bounces back and the rest of the pregnancy goes off well.....I've forgotten - is this your first? Any pregnancy can be scary, but the first I think is the worst!

Best wishes to you both - now take care of your Lady! ..... I've gotten my husband fairly well trained - came home to the laundry done, kitchen cleaned and even my daughter had cleaned up a LOT of stuff!....oh, dinner was made too!
    Nah, this is our third. What worries us is that she didn't have hardly any hard times with the first two. We're hoping that her being so tired all the time to begin with is a sign that it's a boy this time. We'll see. I just worry about her having to take antibiotics and hydrocodone, or whatever that cough supressant is called. She'll bounce back, we just worry about the baby. I hope her second trimester straightens out when it gets here. I know she does.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-01-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Forum Member

Thoughts and prayers for you both!

Quote Originally Posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Well, having to go on a leave of absence from Havelock Fire Rescue for a bit, my wife isn't doing so well with this pregnancy. I just hope I get to go back and finish what I started, it was my reprieve from the Marine Corps, haha.

Anyway, prayers for Jess would be appreciated, she's got the flu and bronchitis on top of being pregnant. I hope nothing happens to our baby.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, having to go on a leave of absence from Havelock Fire Rescue for a bit, my wife isn't doing so well with this pregnancy. I just hope I get to go back and finish what I started, it was my reprieve from the Marine Corps, haha.

Anyway, prayers for Jess would be appreciated, she's got the flu and bronchitis on top of being pregnant. I hope nothing happens to our baby.
    Adam,

I've been away for a day or two, I'm sorry that I had not responded sooner. I hope that your wife and you will be just fine. I will pray for fast recovery. I know I'm 5 plus hrs away, but if you need anything or if there is anything that I can do, please feel free to drop me a line.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Adam,

I've been away for a day or two, I'm sorry that I had not responded sooner. I hope that your wife and you will be just fine. I will pray for fast recovery. I know I'm 5 plus hrs away, but if you need anything or if there is anything that I can do, please feel free to drop me a line.
    Thanks ole buddy.

Update: Jess is getting better, a lot better. THanks for all of the thoughts, well wishes, and prayers. This really is like a second family. Thanks again everyone.

Now, if that little rascal will just pop out a boy in Sept.

Forum Member

Adam, Haven't heard anything of late. How is everything getting along?

We sure hope all is well!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

We're counting our blessings up here because we didn't get the dumper-load of snow that was being called for.

Forum Member

Adam, Haven't heard anything of late. How is everything getting along?

We sure hope all is well!
    Ooops, sorry COT, all is well. Been busy, busy. She's feeling A LOT better now. The flu and bronchitis are gone. The pregnancy, well, still rough. But not as bad as it was. Again, thank you all for the support and well wishes. Hope all is well with everyone on here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Everything is going great, Mom and Dad drove up for the weekend for my daughter's birthday party, and it's not snowing! To top things off, I winning yet again! Life is grand!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Everything is going great, Mom and Dad drove up for the weekend for my daughter's birthday party, and it's not snowing! To top things off, I winning yet again! Life is grand!
    Cool, my oldest daughter's b-day is next Saturday. This is probably one of the best months to have a b-day. Unfortunately, mine is in January, yuck. Glad all is good for ya brother. Hopefully I'll be back off of my leave of absence and livin' the vollie life again, haha.

Oh, and I just blew by my ole buddy BULL, haha.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Cool, my oldest daughter's b-day is next Saturday. This is probably one of the best months to have a b-day. Unfortunately, mine is in January, yuck. Glad all is good for ya brother. Hopefully I'll be back off of my leave of absence and livin' the vollie life again, haha.

Oh, and I just blew by my ole buddy BULL, haha.
    HEY! Mine's in about a week. Yep, March is a good month, for sure. AND a good month to be IN THE LEAD too.

Forum Member

sigh...my little one turned 6 last Tuesday!
    Last edited by pasobuff; 09-01-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Forum Member

Such a beautiful little lady. Looks as beautiful as her mommie!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    sigh...my little one turned 6 last Tuesday!
    My 4 year old daughter requested that I tell her that she loves her hat!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Question

Why can't young people, as well as older folks now, say a simple sentence, without inserting the word "like", 15 times?

MembersZone Subscriber

Why can't young people, as well as older folks now, say a simple sentence, without inserting the word "like", 15 times?
    Like I dont know Capt. Its Like they cant think of Like anything else to say when they are Like gathering their thoughts, Dude!

People who have a hard time organizing their thoughts will also say "Um" a crap load also.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Like, totally, fur shur! It's a valley thing, like, ya know? GAG me, please!

Like I dont know Capt. Its Like they cant think of Like anything else to say when they are Like gathering their thoughts, Dude!

People who have a hard time organizing their thoughts will also say "Um" a crap load also.

Forum Member

ooh ooh......spring IS coming - I can see daffodils in the background.......didn't watch the whole video though...is that really you NFBL? You're a BABY!

Forum Member

Better yet, why the hell can't my new ****** bag of a Sgt talk to us without saying "you know" and "good to go" every other word. I really can't stand this guy. He's been in for nine years and passed up for Staff twice, wonder why .

Sometimes I thank God I'm a Cpl, for some reason within my MOS you somehow lose your brain when you pick up that third stripe. I really, really hope I don't turn into a zombie idiot like the rest when I pin on Sgt.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-16-2011 at 09:47 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Better yet, why the hell can't my new ****** bag of a Sgt talk to us without saying "you know" and "good to go" every other word. I really can't stand this guy. He's been in for nine years and passed up for Staff twice, wonder why .

Sometimes I thank God I'm a Cpl, for some reason within my MOS you somehow lose your brain when you pick up that third stripe. I really, really hope I don't turn into a zombie idiot like the rest when I pin on Sgt.
    Take it easy on us Sgts. You know they remove part of our brains when we get promoted. If you think that's bad, you ought to hear what they do to you when you make Lt.!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Loved it after I got my blood stripe. Bruised thighs and all when promoted. Hit Sgt., and everything seemed good and right with the world. Hit SSgt, and, whoa, nothing to do, nothing asked to do. Just a body out wandering around. Hit Gunny, and the rush came back. I got to play with the toys again, on my terms.

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

I've had good Sgt's, don't get me wrong boys. I can't wait to pin that third stripe on. And yeah, I still get that swell of pride when I put my blues on and I see that beautiful stripe on my leg and EGA on my buckle. Nothing like being an NCO and responsible for the young guys. But, for some reason my platoon has had a bunch of "special" people for Sgt's. Weirdest thing I ever did see, haha.

I just hope I don't lose my mind when I pin, I hope I remain unchanged. These guys here don't really look out for their juniors, that's what I live for. I'm here for my junior Marines, not to see what I can slide by with for the day.
    Last edited by firefightinirish217; 03-18-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Forum Member

Unbroken- A WWII Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption- Hillenbrand

I started this book yesterday afternoon and could not put ti down till I went to bed around 10:30 last night. I am about 3/4 of the way through the book and will be finishing it today. I don't think I can find any adjectives that would do this book justice. If you have not read this book yet, beg, borrow, or buy a copy and read it.

On another note-we just had a tornado warning issued for the county next to mine. I know we hare currently having one very nasty wet, windy storm.

Thread Information